GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champions St. Louis Blues vs. Washington Capitals -- Flags Fly Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Well, got that all important first point.

Blew a2 goal lead though.... Gonna be a hell of a season. Don't blow your wad night 1. Good night everybody

Reactions: Bendak

TheBluePenguin

Apr 15, 2015
St Louis
RoR and Vladdy played that last OT shift way to soft, figured we would lose tonight but I was hoping for better hockey then that, pretty sloppy over all, need to get back into the system

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Blues gave the Caps too many chances in OT but overall I thought it was a evenly-matched game, there's some good things to take away from this game. Hopefully Blais isn't banged up too bad.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I don't feel terrible about losing that 2nd point. The Blues looked a lot like they did during their winning portion of last season, and Faulk looked good. Binnington also looked good. Those comments that The Blues were a fluke last season due to the coaching change, and a hot goalie have no basis. The Blues are what they were the last half of last season, and having Faulk, Binnington all season, Fabbri back, Blais, Binnington, Thomas, Dunn, and maybe Kyrou. and Kostin helping out, will make The Blues even better than last season, when the chips are down, later, and the younger players and Faulk get more integrated into the team's game.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Binny was sharp. Bodes well for the rest of the season. Getting a point in an emotional opener is better than getting blown away like a lot of previous cup winners in their banner raising game.

I'll take it.

Reactions: TK 421 and Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad