GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champions St. Louis Blues vs. Washington Capitals -- Flags Fly Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
St. Louis Blues Champs Banner Raising Panoramas

giphy.gif
Oh, didn't realize I was going to be spending $60 today. That's a fun surprise.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I thought that was a valiant effort by our guys last night against a really strong, hungry and heavy Cup Contender. Caps look like a menace, have fun with that EC.

Our legs looked good until we had to engage them physically and you could definitely tell who went home early and who won a Cup a few months ago.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Faulk did play left side was much better than Pietro.

I dont believe playing either their offside would benefit us if we look bigger picture and big games (playoffs).

I think bigger sample size doesnt matter. Both are +27 Years old. I could understand if player who is +-20 years old could 'learn' adjust his game to his offside, but not almost 30-old dmen no matter how elite player he is.

Playing at poweplay as pair is totally different thing.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Mar 6, 2012
Did watching this game feel really surreal to anyone else? It's hard to explain, but it just felt so different.

The game felt so irrelevant and anti-climatic. It's not necessarily in a bad way... but after what we went through a few months ago, it's hard for anything else to compare. It almost felt like last season was the big finale and the screen faded to black... and now, wait, more hockey?

Last season still feels like some sort of dream. This all feels weird and new.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Did watching this game feel really surreal to anyone else? It's hard to explain, but it just felt so different.

The game felt so irrelevant and anti-climatic. It's not necessarily in a bad way... but after what we went through a few months ago, it's hard for anything else to compare. It almost felt like last season was the big finale and the screen faded to black... and now, wait, more hockey?

Last season still feels like some sort of dream. This all feels weird and new.
I think this is exactly why it is so common for teams to get waxed in these games. You can say "this is a new year," "it starts tonight," and "we've put it behind us" a million times. But that just isn't the reality when your pregame event includes the crowd going bananas over a Stanley Cup on the ice and the team crowding together to admire a banner going up. I'm happy we got a point Wednesday, but the game was absolutely an epilogue after the conclusion of an amazing story.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I think this is exactly why it is so common for teams to get waxed in these games. You can say "this is a new year," "it starts tonight," and "we've put it behind us" a million times. But that just isn't the reality when your pregame event includes the crowd going bananas over a Stanley Cup on the ice and the team crowding together to admire a banner going up. I'm happy we got a point Wednesday, but the game was absolutely an epilogue after the conclusion of an amazing story.
Waxed?

Haven’t heard that in a while.

Are you ex-military?

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Waxed?

Haven’t heard that in a while.

Are you ex-military?
I am not ex-military. It was a pretty common term for "getting run out of the building" back when I played competitive hockey, but that was a decade ago so maybe it has fallen out of style.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I am not ex-military. It was a pretty common term for "getting run out of the building" back when I played competitive hockey, but that was a decade ago so maybe it has fallen out of style.
That’s the term we used to use.

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Am I only one who would like to separate Pietro - Faulk d-pair?

Code:
Dunn - Pietro
Jbo - Parayko
Gunnar - Faulk

Agree with splitting but I would roll with these for a few games to see how it looks:

Gunnar - Petro
Dunn - Parayko
JBo - Faulk

Balance offense and defense across pairings, as well as quality, and balance the minutes. Keep the team fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad