GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champ St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary| Plz No One Else Get Hurt|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Sanford is going to be a damn good 3rd liner For a long time for the Blues
Its mind boggling. He was so bad on the Orielly line and flat out dominates on the 3rd. In all aspects of the game too. QoC might be different but not enough to account for the night and day difference.

Reactions: CCBC

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
20192020-20338-5v5.png

Flames had a lot of shots but the Blues did a good job at keeping most of them to the perimeter.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He’s gaining confidence. 3rd line role is better suited too
That's what I tell myself but it's hard to understand. He's not getting lucky, he's working his butt off, making plays, shooting the puck, finishing his checks, Just weird how things work out.

Reactions: Mike Liut

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Man, the Blues have something with that Sanford-Thomas-Sundqvist line. Fun to watch.

I also like Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak.

I would put Kostin with ROR and Perron and see what he’s got. If he doesn’t cut it, call up Kyrou to replace him in a couple weeks. Bam, easy enough and that’s a legit top 9.

4th line of Mac-Barbashev-Brouwer. Just let them get pucks in deep and mash people.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Its mind boggling. He was so bad on the Orielly line and flat out dominates on the 3rd. In all aspects of the game too. QoC might be different but not enough to account for the night and day difference.
Not to take away what our third line did tonight (I am really happy with their play!!), but Calgary gave them an inordinate amount of space.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
A few thoughts on tonight's game:
  • Kostin should stay up. Perhaps he could be moved up from the fourth line.
  • Bortuzzo needs to stay in. Gunnarsson can rest.
  • Sanford-Thomas-Sundqvist should stay together. Thomas should stay at Centre ... forever!
  • Binnington was fantastic. He didn't get a lot of work, but he was there when needed. Especially early on.
  • DLR-Mac-Kostin was okay, but I wouldn't trust them long term. I would see if Kostin works with ROR, and put Barby back. That line needs his energy. Put Brouwer in for DLR.
  • Still not impressed with Faulk. Parayko was great, but would be even better on the right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad