GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champ St. Louis Blues vs. Calgary| Plz No One Else Get Hurt|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Surprised there’s no Dunn thread yet on main boards - I heard that the Calgary announcers think it should be suspendable. Dunn did get his head, but that was inevitable given the player’s position and with his head down. Will be interesting to see if there are any ramifications.
Agreed. Looked like principal point of contact was head. Don’t think it was intentional but expect hearing.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Surprised there’s no Dunn thread yet on main boards - I heard that the Calgary announcers think it should be suspendable. Dunn did get his head, but that was inevitable given the player’s position and with his head down. Will be interesting to see if there are any ramifications.
There's nothing..... I even looked through the Flames GDT. Of all the "bad" hits....this is one of those dumb ones. Perfectly legal but he went straight through his head.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Okay, Blues fans are always skeptical but can we really criticize the team when we’re the best team in the west currently after 23 games while missing some key players???
Yes. It's not like the Blues have played perfect hockey up until this point and there are always things to improve upon.

It's not jaded cynicism to suggest there are things that need improvement. Namely, the Blues needed to shore up the top-6 before the season started, and now that problem is only exacerbated with all the injuries.

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada

My Flames fan dad was going on about it saying Dunn should be suspended. Sure Dunn did get his head but the flames player had his head down but it was inevitable.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
A few thoughts on tonight's game:
  • Kostin should stay up. Perhaps he could be moved up from the fourth line
  • Bortuzzo needs to stay in. Gunnarsson can rest
  • Sanford-Thomas-Sundqvist should stay together. Thomas should stay at Centre ... forever!
  • Binnington was fantastic. He didn't get a lot of work, but he was there when needed. Especially early on.
  • DLR-Mac-Kostin was okay, but I wouldn't trust them long term. I would see if Kostin works with ROR, and put Barby back. That line needs his energy. Put Brouwer in for DLR.
  • Still not impressed with Faulk. Parayko was great, but would be even better on the right

TIL 40 shots is not a lot of work.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Wow what a game that was! Sanford-Thomas-Sunny baby holy **** that line is on fire!:yo: That was the best game Sanford has had as a Blue, hope it gives him lots of confidence so happy for him!

Bozie I hope you had fun as a 3c here because that's Thomas' spot now.

I surprisingly love the retro Jerseys, that's the first time I've seen them in action during a game.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
Haven't been able to watch games lately but I love Thomas's passing from what I've seen. Great to see the team playing well with all the injuries. How blessed are we with Binny?

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Bozak took 11 faceoffs to Schenn's 3, so maybe they do :dunno:

Bozie is better and more experienced at taking faceoffs so that's why he was taking draws, but seemed like he switched back to wing afterwards. I'm glad the Sasky boys are having fun out there, they just need to work on their finishing ability.

Very pleased with the team effort last night but we need more from our top six at 5 on 5. If not for the 3rd line heroics, this would have been a tight game. Glad to see Sanford have a huge game, hope it will get fans off his back for a little while. Also, as I said after the last game, Sundqvist is too good to be relegated to the fourth line. So impressed with his development.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Man, the Blues have something with that Sanford-Thomas-Sundqvist line. Fun to watch.

I also like Schwartz-Schenn-Bozak.

I would put Kostin with ROR and Perron and see what he’s got. If he doesn’t cut it, call up Kyrou to replace him in a couple weeks. Bam, easy enough and that’s a legit top 9.

4th line of Mac-Barbashev-Brouwer. Just let them get pucks in deep and mash people.

I like those lines a lot. Depth is really coming through and with Kyrou, Walker, Poganski in the wings (so to speak) there's more to tap if needed.

Great job by the or-gan-eye-zation.

Seems the d-pairs are set now with Pietrangelo-Parayko, Faulk-Bouwmeester and Bortuzzo-Dunn.

Reactions: BlueDream

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
Anyone else love the throwbacks? I don't understand the hate. They look amazing IMO

Good win last night. Good teams need to prey on struggling ones and we did.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Nice to see Sanford have a great game. I do not get all the hate with him, hes a solid player who can be inconsistent but he has shown he can play big boy hockey and that is why he played over Fabbri.

Reactions: Stealth JD

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Flames has a closed door players only meeting after the game..... They really looked uninterested in the game tonight
That's an understatement! Bozak, alone had five chances in front of The Flames' net, all alone. The Blues must have had 11 or 12 (Sundqvist (2), Schwartz, Perron, and a few others). They stood around watching The Blues skate around and past them. It seems very strange that their similar roster is playing so much worse than they did last season.

Reactions: TheBluePenguin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad