GDT: Defending Cup Champs St.Louis Blues vs. Anaheim|The Dads are here and aren't mad just disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
My god! I really don’t have many words.

Praying for Jaybo, and a full and speedy recovery! I’m glad that the reports are saying he’s doing well at the hospital.

The Ducks, medical staff, everyone deserve a ton of credit. And to any Ducks fans reading, I have to say that the fans and organization showed the greatest sportsmanship in the world given the whole situation. You have a beautiful arena too and hopefully I’ll get to come back for more than 5 minutes of a game.

Hopefully we’ll continue getting more good news in the morning about Bouwmeester. Sadly I have to think he’ll hang up the skates now too. But what an awful way to go out and not have it be your own terms.

If you make it back PM me before, I'll be happy to share a drink and talk hockey.

Reactions: mk80

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
upload_2020-2-12_1-8-21.png

Reactions: Ginger Papa

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
That was an encouraging statement from Army. Very glad to hear that. It’s pretty terrifying that something like that could happen to a guy who is only 36(which is old for an NHLer, but relatively young in the “normal world”) and is, by all accounts, in incredible shape. I guess if that’s going to happen to you, having it happen right in front of a dozen or so trained medical professionals is probably best case scenario. Trainers, doctors, players, and broadcasters kicked ass tonight. All did their job exceptionally well, with the medical professionals obviously having the most important job of the bunch.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Not that is highest priority, but we don’t have another trip West this year and not many openings to make one. Thinking maybe quick fly out for game either March 11 or 12?

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Not that is highest priority, but we don’t have another trip West this year and not many openings to make one. Thinking maybe quick fly out for game either March 11 or 12?
Taking Bouwmeester out of the equation. From a hockey perspective it is interesting to see how the make up date will be scheduled. Also does it start at 7:50 left in the first or just start the game over considering it was tied anyway.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
It’s not clear to me that they needed to defibrillate Bouwmeester. I think people maybe saw them get the paddles out, maybe apply them. But that’s not the same as having to discharge them. I’m still hoping it was a syncopal episode due to dehydration, etc. If he did suffer a shockable arrhythmia, I don’t think we’ll see him play again. How crazy that his dad was there.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Isles fan here, wanted to wish your fanbase the best. Scary stuff for Jay, sounds positive right now and hopefully this is something that can be easily maintained and he has decades of time for his family and he can return to your team.

Came out last year to the Lou to see the Islander game, fans were passionate and knowledgeable but had some great fun with the folks around us.

Good luck the rest of the year (except when we play you guys in a few weeks LOL)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Usually these are added after all regular season games (Like some Boston game was postponed after winter storm). Hockey arenas just have all evenings scheduled already. Somewhere before the playoff start.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
"Conscious and alert."

He's still with us. :yo: :cry: :heart:

Don't blame them one bit for pulling the plug on tonight's game. Get well soon, Jay. :nod:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Taking Bouwmeester out of the equation. From a hockey perspective it is interesting to see how the make up date will be scheduled. Also does it start at 7:50 left in the first or just start the game over considering it was tied anyway.

Pretty sure most games that have a disruption to them get replayed in their entirety, could be wrong though.

Zizzle

Oct 29, 2019
I could see this game being played on a as needed basis on the day after we play in Colorado for the last game. It is very possible that the point may not affect anything in the standing. Unless the races tighten up.

Reactions: MissouriMook

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I could see this game being played on a as needed basis on the day after we play in Colorado for the last game. It is very possible that the point may not affect anything in the standing. Unless the races tighten up.

It may be played anyways even if it doesn't affect playoff standings, because it could affect draft lottery odds - 1 or 2 points to Anaheim's totals could easily move them up a place in the standings.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Pretty sure most games that have a disruption to them get replayed in their entirety, could be wrong though.

Its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, like at all. I don't care in the least how they make this game up. But they will, so in discussing that knowing its secondary to JBo;s recovery...

If they do start the game from scratch again, what about the players who scored points? As an RFA, that goal could mean actual dollars for Barbeshev. At 1 goal a piece, its not a big deal, but what if it was 3-3 and a player in a trophy hunt had 3 points, or if Ovechkin has a natural hat trick that gets canceled when he is in the hunt for Gretzky's record? I just find it hard to believe they would erase actual NHL goals that occurred. Its also just as strange if they count said goals and give the teams basically 82 and 1/5 games for statistical purposes. The only thing that is not weird from a stats standpoint (but is from any other viewpoint) is to start the game at 1-1 with 47 minutes and change left.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yeah, so, lets not try to summon players if it ends up nearly killing someone anymore mmkay?
Is this really needed?

I missed this game, but thank God I didn't watch. Impossible to go sleep if see something like this happend. You just can't never know to whom that kind of thing could happend. Strenght to Jbo, his family and our players. I hope they will get proper help in this crisis.

Reactions: Punished ROR

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Well, that was not what I was expecting to see this morning when I got up to watch it. What a scary moment. Hopefully this isn’t signs of a larger issue for Jay and he is able to live a healthy life.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Bolts fan here, we're praying for Jay. That was horrifying to see. Let's hope for a full recovery.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Damn. Glad to hear he is Ok. Will be praying for him and his family.

I must say that it is very cool the responses from both ducks and and fans of other teams. Health is far more important then hockey and it is cool to see other fans cheering and praying for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad