GDT: Defending Cup Champs St.Louis Blues vs. Anaheim|The Dads are here and aren't mad just disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 9 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

PROJECTED LINEUP

Schwartz-Schenn-Blais
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
MacEachern-Barbashev-Brouwer

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk

Binnington/Allen

vs.

:ducks

Shore-Getzlaf-Rakell
Jones-Steel-Silfverberg
Ritchie-Henrique-Terry
Deslauriers-Grant-Rowney

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Del Zotto
Guhle-Holzer

Gibson/Miller

Blues are 7-1 in the 5 times they've brought the old men along with them. Perhaps a stern talking to and then a trip for ice cream before the game will get them out of this malaise. Otherwise they're going to have to start paying rent to stay under this roof, ya hear?

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Also - digging the lines, other than the 3rd pair. I'd rather see Bortz with Dunn than Faulk with Dunn. There's a case to be made that Bortuzzo has been the better player of the two this season. It's a shame money & contract situations dictate who gets to play.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Also - digging the lines, other than the 3rd pair. I'd rather see Bortz with Dunn than Faulk with Dunn. There's a case to be made that Bortuzzo has been the better player of the two this season. It's a shame money & contract situations dictate who gets to play.
Narrator: "There was no case to be made."

Wow, the Faulk hate is really approaching it's theoretical maximum if we're going down that road.
Oh, and Let's Go Blues!!!

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The pairs are showing why the Faulk trade just wasn't necessary. One of the big things they pushed about him was his PP impact, and that has been pretty minimal too.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The pairs are showing why the Faulk trade just wasn't necessary. One of the big things they pushed about him was his PP impact, and that has been pretty minimal too.
It's almost like signing Faulk to an extension allows us to have him in camp next season and help us fully integrate him to take advantage of all that he brings. Seriously, this year he is way better than JE in spite of how inconsistent he has been. The first time he is traded, no clear role, going onto really good team, should we be surprised it has at times been a struggle for him? I expect we see a much better Faulk next year.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Narrator: "There was no case to be made."

Wow, the Faulk hate is really approaching it's theoretical maximum if we're going down that road.
Oh, and Let's Go Blues!!!

Well...Bortuzzo has been good in his role, and compliments Dunn well. Can you say either of those things about Faulk?

Reactions: simon IC

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
It's almost like signing Faulk to an extension allows us to have him in camp next season and help us fully integrate him to take advantage of all that he brings. Seriously, this year he is way better than JE in spite of how inconsistent he has been. The first time he is traded, no clear role, going onto really good team, should we be surprised it has at times been a struggle for him? I expect we see a much better Faulk next year.
I'm not saying he won't be better and I'm not comparing him to JE either, but it's what we had with Shattenkirk without being one of the best PP QB's in the league. There was always an awkwardness of finding the right role for Shattenkirk. He wanted more, and once Parayko got here, Shatty was clearly 3rd pairing. Faulk is in an even more awkward spot because he won't be on the top PP unit.

Having 4 dmen competing for 2 or 3 PP spots, and 3 of them being RH, just makes things a bit awkward. I don't think we'd be that much worse off if Bortozzo was in for Faulk. I still don't mind what we gave up for Faulk, I just never liked the extension.

Reactions: Stealth JD

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Well...Bortuzzo has been good in his role, and compliments Dunn well. Can you say either of those things about Faulk?
Saying someone is "better in their role" and saying someone is "the better player" are saying two entirely different things. I think Faulk has been better than Eddy was (I think a lot of people are memory hole-ing just how inconsistent Eddy was in his time here) and, YES, I do think Faulk has played better than Bortz. Do I think through 55 games he has been $4.15M vs. $1.375M better? No. But the payroll is what the payroll is, and I think that if both were playing for free you would be putting the 2019-2020 version of Faulk on the ice over the 2019-2020 version of Bortuzzo 11 times out of 10.

Reactions: Blueston

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Sanford-RoR-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Blais
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
MacMac-Barbie-Kyrou

BoomBoom-Pie
JBo-Colt
Dunner-Faulk

Jake is starting.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'm not saying he won't be better and I'm not comparing him to JE either, but it's what we had with Shattenkirk without being one of the best PP QB's in the league. There was always an awkwardness of finding the right role for Shattenkirk. He wanted more, and once Parayko got here, Shatty was clearly 3rd pairing. Faulk is in an even more awkward spot because he won't be on the top PP unit.

Having 4 dmen competing for 2 or 3 PP spots, and 3 of them being RH, just makes things a bit awkward. I don't think we'd be that much worse off if Bortozzo was in for Faulk. I still don't mind what we gave up for Faulk, I just never liked the extension.
Spot on! Completely and totally agreed! And please, can we at least stop with the Faulk -Dunn pairing? Anyway ... Go Blues!!!

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Back to burying Thomas....... ugh......
How so? He produces when he's with Steen-Bozak or Schwartz-Schenn. But, Steen-Bozak only produce with Thomas, while Schwartz-Schenn produces with anyone. Steen-Thomas-Bozak will help more than Schwartz-Thomas-Schenn.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I would just fine with Faulk's struggles this season if we wouldn't have his extension. Prove to be right guy for team and not given contract by golden plate before your skates hitting ice is f***ing joke. Absolute joke, Army should have learn previous mistakes, but no. I would like to say couple bad names about Army, but I'll leave it.

Hey its Blues game. Another duck hunt?

giphy.gif

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad