NFL: Deebo Samuel asks for trade

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They have both the money to pay him and a serious need for a player of his caliber, and were the first runner-up in the Tyreek Hill sweepstakes.

I could definitely see it.
It’ll take more than just the 10th pick, which seems to be what they think the cost would be.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
That's what happens when you ask your daddy for help with every situation kyle shanny

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm inclined to agree.
10th OA is a high pick. I mean if you were at 22 like the raiders pick, it would cost the 54th pick to move up 12 spots into that position.
NO back in 2018 moved up from 27 to 14 and it cost them a 5th and their 2019 first.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
10th OA is a high pick. I mean if you were at 22 like the raiders pick, it would cost the 54th pick to move up 12 spots into that position.
NO back in 2018 moved up from 27 to 14 and it cost them a 5th and their 2019 first.
It is, but Deebo Samuel is an elite talent. Not sure I'd accept the #10 straight up if I'm SF without shopping around a little.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Didn’t a rumour have it they offered the pick for Metcalf?
Going by atleast the Colin podcast

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It is, but Deebo Samuel is an elite talent. Not sure I'd accept the #10 straight up if I'm SF without shopping around a little.
I’m just putting it relative to the Adams trade return. First and second at 22 and 54 holds around the same value at 10. If SF wanted to trade down they could get a later first and a second round pick as well.
The extra picks probably looking at a 3rd or like the 3 picks in rounds 4-6 from the Hill trade as the extras. Don’t see another first coming as the extra. Like I don’t envision SF getting one of the early 2nds that the Jets also hold, theirs and Carolina in the late 30’s.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I’m just putting it relative to the Adams trade return. First and second at 22 and 54 holds around the same value at 10. If SF wanted to trade down they could get a later first and a second round pick as well.
The extra picks probably looking at a 3rd or like the 3 picks in rounds 4-6 from the Hill trade as the extras. Don’t see another first coming as the extra. Like I don’t envision SF getting one of the early 2nds that the Jets also hold, theirs and Carolina in the late 30’s.
Samuel has more value than Adams since he’s younger and hasn’t hit his fa years yet. He’d command more than the 10th.

That said, it likely isn’t happening no matter what. This is likely a ‘want in one hand, shit in the other’ situation for Deebo.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
If Deebo is legitimately concerned about his usage as a main reason to leave SF then the Jets probably don’t make much sense either. Their HC and OC were in SF with Deebo and would most likely intend to use him the same way. Also, some of the value that people mention for him pick wise is more than id want to pay. I’d probably do a deal centered around the 2 2nds but if SF wants the 10th and maybe more then id pass. I’d rather make the first rounders with an eye on trading down. I’d love to do something like the Giants and Bears did last season if an opportunity presents itself. The Jets still have too many holes so they need picks... and as much as I like Deebo I’m not sure he’s the guy I want to give a massive extension too.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Samuel has more value than Adams since he’s younger and hasn’t hit his fa years yet. He’d command more than the 10th.

That said, it likely isn’t happening no matter what. This is likely a ‘want in one hand, shit in the other’ situation for Deebo.

To me, Adams is on another level. I think Deebo being a few years younger brings their value to fairly even. Also, wouldn’t surprise me if Samuel is using his “role” as an excuse to get SF or someone else to pay him off his massive career year when WR are getting paid like kings. Deebo is getting paid too.

Also, have to wonder if he’s concerned about a potentially murky QB situation effecting his value. If Lance gets the job then that’s a big unknown.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To me, Adams is on another level. I think Deebo being a few years younger brings their value to fairly even. Also, wouldn’t surprise me if Samuel is using his “role” as an excuse to get SF or someone else to pay him off his massive career year when WR are getting paid like kings. Deebo is getting paid too.

Also, have to wonder if he’s concerned about a potentially murky QB situation effecting his value. If Lance gets the job then that’s a big unknown.
In the NFL, your 3rd contract is never certain. It’s QB and OL that can still get paid well on contract 3 when they are 29/30. Most other positions depend on raw physical ability so a loss of a half step is very noticeable.

Julio on his third deal hasn’t provided the same type of value as he did on contract 2 due to the wear and tear and injuries he’s sustained in his 20’s.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I don’t even know what Deebo is actually saying. All I see is what everyone else is writing about the situation, which seems to change by the minute. He hasn’t said anything to diffuse most of it, though.
With the nfl, if they didn’t have the franchise tag or 5th year option and players had complete free agency after their rookie deals, I’d say to Deebo just play out the deal and move to the team of your choice next season. But with teams being able to control their players I can get their desires to get paid. But not sure what the issue is here with him. If he’s trying to protect future earnings by not being used as a RB which can take years off your career or get more wear and tear on your body and negatively impact your production I can totally get that.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
With the nfl, if they didn’t have the franchise tag or 5th year option and players had complete free agency after their rookie deals, I’d say to Deebo just play out the deal and move to the team of your choice next season. But with teams being able to control their players I can get their desires to get paid. But not sure what the issue is here with him. If he’s trying to protect future earnings by not being used as a RB which can take years off your career or get more wear and tear on your body and negatively impact your production I can totally get that.
As can I, but I rather he keep all of those demands in house and address them with staff. Or at least say something to diffuse all the rumors a bit. It seems like his silence is almost confirmation of what’s being said.

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
if the 10th overall pick was available for tyshun samuel then this would already be a trade thread instead of a request one

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Jets have all those ex-49ers hands on there, so that could be an amicable move. The Jets tried to get Hill and couldn't so they're definitely going for big swings

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The Jets would be the team I see them trading with if they decide to. There’s no way they keep him in conference unless someone royally overpays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad