NFL: Deebo Samuel asks for trade

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He has an insanely offensive minded coach

So im pretty sure this has to do with money
he's probably going into negotiations like Leveon Bell tried to do once upon a time

essentially saying I deserve top receiver money and some running back money on top of that and nobody knows how to value it.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Think the 49ers need to move him at this point. If it isn't about the money and he loves getting the ball like he had, it's likely some relationship issue that isn't so easily repaired. Just get what you can out of him and move on.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
My bad :laugh:

If you think about it, Ravens have a run first/pass second mentality. Don’t know if Baltimore does it, they have to pay Lamar Jackson.
I acknowledge the fit, I would simply blow a gasket if he gets traded to the Ravens unless the Ravens catastrophically overpay for him (which they wouldn't do, because they're a well-run team.)

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
This is so weird...I thought SF was the ideal place for him, between the O-minded coach and being a team with an open window to contend.

So if it's not about the money, what the hell is going on LOL.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He doesn’t want to be a running back
It would take either years off his career or cause him to decline and thus not make as much in his third contract like we’ve seen hill and Adams get on theirs. A couple of times a game is fine but to get 10 or more touches being lined up in the backfield is going to have an impact on his career down the line.

Reactions: BLNY and tacogeoff

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Also, he doesn’t know what’s going on at quarterback. Which this probably doesn’t bode well for Trey Lance’s development of your franchise player wants out while you’re trying to take over the job. Or if it’s a veteran QB who, i don’t know if I believe this myself, but if he’s substandard, he theoretically wouldn’t be able to get him the ball as much as he should. We saw him he able to do it, but was it enough if they still moved Deebo to running back to get the ball in his hands more?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I got impression Deebo didn't want to be used as a runningback after reading all of this.

He wants to be more of a passing target instead of mangling himself between the trenches.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I got impression Deebo didn't want to be used as a runningback after reading all of this.

He wants to be more of a passing target instead of mangling himself between the trenches.
Being a RB and getting 10 carries a game over 17 games adds 170 touches when the top WR Kupp who got the triple crown got 145 catches.

Running between the tackles gets you hit by 300 lb DL and linebackers.

If that gets his nicked up where his production drops or he misses a couple of games will drop his leverage in future contract talks. Or shorter his career all together. End result is less money over his career.

A couple of runs a game is fine. But not 10-12 a game.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
49ers fans request he actually stay healthy for 2 straight years before acting like he’s gods gift to the earth.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
So it sounds like he wants to be paid for his production as the elite WR/RB hyrbid he's been but only be used as a downfield WR going forward which is delusional on his part. What he does out of the backfield is a huge part of his value, he wouldn't be nearly as good as a WR only.

Gotta take the best offer for him at this point, with how he's handled this he's severed the relationship entirely.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
If he gets traded, I'll take the Jets.
They have both the money to pay him and a serious need for a player of his caliber, and were the first runner-up in the Tyreek Hill sweepstakes.

I could definitely see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes