Confirmed with Link: Declan Chisholm claimed by Minnesota.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You don't know if its the right decision or not. You can't tell that right now only in time can you say it was good or bad

Neither of those players is playing any significant minutes for this team and it also seems like the Jets want to beef up their D with a move at or near the deadline.

So why talk about if it is a good or bad move when you have almost no context to do so

Several posters have indicated that they don't think this topic is worth discussing. And yet, here they are.

If they don't think it is worth discussing, they are free to avoid this thread.

Reactions: WolfHouse

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Agree with the bolded. Would also add that it is likely even if Chisholm is better than Stanley, it would probably be a bottom pairing d-man and not overly significant.

Disagree with the rest, we have the context of Stanley sucking and Chisholm being a good AHL player that was clearly worth claiming by a few NHL teams. That makes it worth debating imo.

Minnesota is 27th in the league standings and their claim was successful. What do we know, or what have you heard about teams higher in the standings wanting Chisholm?

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times in this thread but I haven't heard anything more about it.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Not sure it is just Chevy's pride, or not.

But, what Stanley has cost us so far:
Kovacevic
Chisholm

The guys actually taken at 22 & 36 haven't amounted to anything at all. Much less than Stanley in fact. But there is nothing to suggest that Jets would have picked as badly as Philly did.

All else aside, it is high time we stopped paying for Stanley.
Don't forget that we were ready to throw away DeMelo to keep Stan...

The Kova loss was bad because he was blocked by lesser players for 2-3 years imo and we traded for a 6m 3rd liner instead of trying our own draft stock. 6'5 RHD have value... 100% we would be raving about a Samberg-Kova pairing right now...

Chisholm was a 5th rounder - nice to have depth but these are the guys you lose on waivers... that being said, the Jets need to draft some D or find a way to restock the cupboards in two years...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Several posters have indicated that they don't think this topic is worth discussing. And yet, here they are.

If they don't think it is worth discussing, they are free to avoid this thread.

Its not a discussion its whining. What could they have done? I mean they could have waived Stanley but they lose him and the whining starts up again.

A discussion has good points and interesting ideas not the hand wringing that goes on here and guess what we have to mod it so ya I get to read all of this

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What a reach of a post.
OK Einstein. And your choice is to "bow" to non or ill-informed decisions, so be my guest 👍
Considering your history on this forum, you might want to get informed.

Reach? How so?

No, I'm not bowing to anyone. Informed or otherwise. I haven't referenced anyone else's opinion here. And you needn't get your feathers ruffled over my use of the word bow. In this context it is not any kind of insult. I could have as easily used the word accept if you prefer. Means exactly the same thing. And I didn't suggest your opinion wasn't valid either. Only that your choice does not invalidate anyone else's.

And close with an ad hominem attack. Well done.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Don't forget that we were ready to throw away DeMelo to keep Stan...

The Kova loss was bad because he was blocked by lesser players for 2-3 years imo and we traded for a 6m 3rd liner instead of trying our own draft stock. 6'5 RHD have value... 100% we would be raving about a Samberg-Kova pairing right now...

Chisholm was a 5th rounder - nice to have depth but these are the guys you lose on waivers... that being said, the Jets need to draft some D or find a way to restock the cupboards in two years...

Jets waiving Chisholm when they did suggests either making room for someone else after the break, maybe Heinola, or just trying to accrue more TD cap space.

1 injury could see Stanley playing or Heinola. If Heinola I hope he is as good as he looked in TC. 2 injuries would see both of them playing and probably Capo as #7.

My guess is that Chevy would not be happy with that depth and is planning to improve on it before the TD. Its not like we have never had 3 Dmen injured at the same time before. Therefore the need to get more cap space.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Its not a discussion its whining. What could they have done? I mean they could have waived Stanley but they lose him and the whining starts up again.

A discussion has good points and interesting ideas not the hand wringing that goes on here and guess what we have to mod it so ya I get to read all of this

:laugh: Yes, I thought of you having to read this. Sorry.

But I think you are interpreting it as whining simply because the critics are sticking to their guns and defending their points of view. What if 1 person posted that they thought Jets made a mistake here and everyone just agreed? The thread would have died and no one would have had to repeat their criticisms in defense of them. No sense of whining.

I think Jets made a mistake here, though I'm not sure. I don't really know Chisholm's play that well and I don't think Stan is actually all that bad - for a #7 Dman. But I think Chisholm still has potential whereas Stanley does not, so .... mistake.

I don't think I'm whining about it. But I haven't changed my opinion. I am complaining about all the people suggesting that it isn't worth talking about. All but you don't need to come to this thread if that is how they feel.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Jets waiving Chisholm when they did suggests either making room for someone else after the break, maybe Heinola, or just trying to accrue more TD cap space.

1 injury could see Stanley playing or Heinola. If Heinola I hope he is as good as he looked in TC. 2 injuries would see both of them playing and probably Capo as #7.

My guess is that Chevy would not be happy with that depth and is planning to improve on it before the TD. Its not like we have never had 3 Dmen injured at the same time before. Therefore the need to get more cap space.
A month of minimum salary is not opening up much capspace... I think he was hoping to sneak him through

Capo is burning up the AHL so I suspect he's the next callup

Sure hope Stan is part of a trade package soon and not Heinola...

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Reach? How so?

No, I'm not bowing to anyone. Informed or otherwise. I haven't referenced anyone else's opinion here. And you needn't get your feathers ruffled over my use of the word bow. In this context it is not any kind of insult. I could have as easily used the word accept if you prefer. Means exactly the same thing. And I didn't suggest your opinion wasn't valid either. Only that your choice does not invalidate anyone else's.

And close with an ad hominem attack. Well done.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
we went from 5.4 to 6.9 in projected deadline space just by waiving chisholm
You'll have to explain that one... Im having a hard time seeing how saving half of 775k translates to a 1.5m cap space bonus... but if that is the case then we should have waived Stanley haha

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
You'll have to explain that one... Im having a hard time seeing how saving half of 775k translates to a 1.5m cap space bonus... but if that is the case then we should have waived Stanley haha
the further you are away from the cap the more space you accrue

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
No, Stempniak was a whole different matter. Chisholm is more like Eyssimont 2.0.:laugh:
Contextually I agree with you. But Eyssimont never generated this level of discussion. His loss was regrettable to some but until he hit Tampa nobody cared much and even then it was just a mistake. On page/post numbers on Chisholm we’re already into mythic impacts.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Contextually I agree with you. But Eyssimont never generated this level of discussion. His loss was regrettable to some but until he hit Tampa nobody cared much and even then it was just a mistake. On page/post numbers on Chisholm we’re already into mythic impacts.
Except half of these pages are people arguing about whether this thread should exist haha - i'd say Chisholm waiver discussion is prob only 40% of this thread

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Anyone “whining” about losing Chisholm must’ve checked out a half dozen pages ago. From what I see, it seems predominantly that the crowd of people that aren’t happy with this move are still mostly articulating this displeasure with the addendum that these types of players are bottom of the roster types who won’t have substantial impacts either way. I guess there was that one guy a few pages back who said he’s going to be a top 4 D?

I tend to agree that it’s not a big deal losing him, it kinda sucks, but I don’t think it’s some catastrophic mistake and I don’t even know if it’s the wrong decision to keep Stanley over him. But I do see the argument for it, and since this is a hockey discussion board (full of … well, let’s be honest, we’re a bunch of hockey nerds!) I’m interested in reading people’s thoughts on this, bottom of the barrel roster players, or not. And respectfully, I don’t see what’s accomplished by saying HF posters are always wrong (the implication of this that I’m inferring being why even discuss) or hand waving it away as whining.

But I’m probably off-base here. :dunno:

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
I'm moving towards referring to Chisolm as "Stempniak Jr."
Chisniak

Not sure it is just Chevy's pride, or not.

But, what Stanley has cost us so far:
Kovacevic
Chisholm

The guys actually taken at 22 & 36 haven't amounted to anything at all. Much less than Stanley in fact. But there is nothing to suggest that Jets would have picked as badly as Philly did.

All else aside, it is high time we stopped paying for Stanley.
100% agree. Trade him for that 3rd round pick and move on.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Chisholm may turn out to be a mistake because i think he's better than Stanley but neither one is going to play ahead of the 6 defenseman we have playing right now and now Heinola is going to be back from injury so i think both Stanley and Chisholm would drop behind Heinola in the depth chart. I don't think we can't debate anything but for me personally when it comes to depth players on the Jets i don't really watch them so Chevy, Bowness , coaching staff know way more about them than me but that's just me.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Minnesota is 27th in the league standings and their claim was successful. What do we know, or what have you heard about teams higher in the standings wanting Chisholm?

I've seen it mentioned a couple of times in this thread but I haven't heard anything more about it.
Not sure their source, but it's been stated that a league official stated several other teams made claims as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad