Confirmed with Link: Declan Chisholm claimed by Minnesota.

Nov 24, 2006
Ok, now do all of the moves the Jets made that was good asset management and improved our pool beyond what we had.

I'll do one that absolutely wipes out Chisholm and Kovacevic: Hellebuyck - 130th overall.

I said when it happened that I thought exposing Chisholm was a mistake. Kovacevic i still don't care about because he's still nothing more than a tweener who got to play simply based off of how bad Montreals D is. Even with that, he's been healthy scratched so that's all you really need to know.

I think the Jets should have cut bait with Stanley this past offseason and got whatever they could for him, simply based off of what we had ready to come out of the pipeline.

Looking at it wholelistically, Stanley is one of the few mistakes Chevy and group has made. Every team makes asset management mistakes and all you can do is try to win more than you lose, and I think e can agree Chevy has done that in spades.
I am a Chevy fan so there is no need to convince me. His hit to miss ratio is far above most GMs.

The organization’s ongoing tunnel vision on Logan Stanley is really something to behold though.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I am a Chevy fan so there is no need to convince me. His hit to miss ratio is far above most GMs.

The organization’s ongoing tunnel vision on Logan Stanley is really something to behold though.
Yeah I want to believe that this last stretch is them trying to improve his stock for a trade

Reactions: roccerfeller

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Is this a Stanley thread?
Logan Stanley Free Zone.jpg

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021

Yeah I think the org seems well run overall, but as we've seen in all kinds of examples they seem to have major issues when it comes to cutting their losses.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I can honestly see Declan being a 25 to 35 pts guy on the right team.
How is Kovacvic playing this year?
He's 3rd in TOI at 5v5 but 7th in TOI/GP.

His results at 5v5 are top 4: 3rd best CF%, 1st in GF%, 4th in xGF%.

He seems to be the #3 PK guy. Statistically he's their best penalty killer. Best CA/60, xGA/60, GA/60. The Habs would probably do a lot better with Kovacevic as their #1 PK D than Savard, who's just unmitigated garbage across the board. (Woe betide the GM who sends Montreal anything for Savard at the deadline).

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I can honestly see Declan being a 25 to 35 pts guy on the right team.
How is Kovacvic playing this year?
Haven't watched much Habs hockey so this purely off of stats. JK has 6 goals and 3 assists in 48 games(so he has been a regular and not a injury fill in) in 48 games with the Habs and is a +6 on a bottom 3rd team. 16:43 TOI and 54 hits. Stats may not reflect last nights games.

Declan Chisholm has 3 points in 4 games with the Wild( 5 including last night and is a +2) Last couple games he has been getting over 20 minutes TOI.

In 12 games for the Jets this season Stanley has 0 goals and 1 assist and is -1 with 17 hits and 19 PIM and 13;07 of TOI.

Did the Jets make a mistake waiving either of Kovacevic or Chisholm? Maybe. Stanley likely would have been claimed had he been put on waivers. Likely the fact the Jets traded for the pick that eventually became Stanley factors into the decision not to waive Stanley figuring a player drafted in the first round would have more appeal that a perceived 3rd pairing guy.

Chisholm is a 2nd pairing guy on the Wild right now but would at best be a 3rd pairing guy or possibly even a 7 if Spurgeon and Bogosian weren't injured and the team hadn't given up on long in the tooth Goligoski, who is done basically. Had the Wild not had so many injuries on D they might not have claimed Chisholm though I imagine someone else would.

Mentioned it before but the Jets D has been exceedingly healthy save for VH, who would have started the season with the Jets, in the lineup if not for the injury with Schmidt the likely 7 and Stanley 8 and Chisholm 9 meaning someone would have had to have been waived then and it still likely would have been Chisholm. Capo hasn't even been able to be called up and I wouldn't have minded seeing him in some games.

With the team in the playoff hunt all season you aren't going to be trading a veteran(Pionk or Schmidt say) to make room for a Declan Chisholm, or a Logan Stanley really. Stanley got games when it was decided to have Schmidt sit for awhile and then basically in for Dillon or those games we went 11/7.

Will any of JK, DC or LS be long time established D in the NHL. Probably not. A returning from injury veteran or a hight draft pick being brought up to debut could relegate either of the first two to regular press box status and Logan Stanley, well I just don't know. We'll see what happens in the next couple weeks if Chevy can ship him off as part of a package to acquire a veteran d .

He's 3rd in TOI at 5v5 but 7th in TOI/GP.

His results at 5v5 are top 4: 3rd best CF%, 1st in GF%, 4th in xGF%.

He seems to be the #3 PK guy. Statistically he's their best penalty killer. Best CA/60, xGA/60, GA/60. The Habs would probably do a lot better with Kovacevic as their #1 PK D than Savard, who's just unmitigated garbage across the board. (Woe betide the GM who sends Montreal anything for Savard at the deadline).
Stanley for Savard?:D

Reactions: JetsFan815

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ok, now do all of the moves the Jets made that was good asset management and improved our pool beyond what we had.

I'll do one that absolutely wipes out Chisholm and Kovacevic: Hellebuyck - 130th overall.

I said when it happened that I thought exposing Chisholm was a mistake. Kovacevic i still don't care about because he's still nothing more than a tweener who got to play simply based off of how bad Montreals D is. Even with that, he's been healthy scratched so that's all you really need to know.

I think the Jets should have cut bait with Stanley this past offseason and got whatever they could for him, simply based off of what we had ready to come out of the pipeline.

Looking at it wholelistically, Stanley is one of the few mistakes Chevy and group has made. Every team makes asset management mistakes and all you can do is try to win more than you lose, and I think e can agree Chevy has done that in spades.

Drafting Hellebuyck was an absolute triumph. I don't know that I would call it "asset management" though. Yes, picks are assets but I think of drafting separately from asset management.

I don't think Chevy's record on asset management is all that great. The good thing is that any mistakes he has made in that area have been bottom of the roster players that can be fairly easily replaced.

Mistakes like Kovy, Eyssimont and Chisholm, assuming they are mistakes, are probably more on coaching staffs than on Chevy. Coach doesn't want player, GM has little choice but to waive him if there are no trade takers.

Stanley is a fairly rare mistake. The frustrating thing is that they refuse to stop making it.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
And here I thought they waived Chisholm to make room for Monahan.
Only thing about that is we could/should have waived AJF/Toni first and then maybe you send Chisholm down on a conditioning stint - which is just barely within the rules - then that at least buys you two more weeks to figure something out

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
And here I thought they waived Chisholm to make room for Monahan.

Yes they did. But they waived Chisholm instead of waiving Stanley - to make room for Monahan.

I almost failed pre-cal in high school, can someone translate this for me?

Pre-cal didn't exist when I was in high school. :laugh:
We did call it high-school though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad