Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Laughton
giphy.gif

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Tkachuk was trying hit people hard. He was really pumped this game.

Jumping the guy at end went too far though

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
What's the point of calling up a young forward and giving him 6 minutes of ice time?

Because he was an emergency call up. That's why we called up a depth young forward instead of a top young forward like Batherson or Norris.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
What's the point of calling up a young forward and giving him 6 minutes of ice time?

Did you see the type of game played out there?

No way Davidsson should've played more IMO. They should've called up someone else IMO that could handle bigger forwards.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
just watched the replay, laughton went down easy on the first crosscheck but tkachuk jumped him with his back turned.

I liked tkachuk today, just not what he did at the end. not a fan of that kind of stuff tbh no matter who it is.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I'll take that moral victory in the loss. Philly was the more skilled team but we had chances to win it. Brady establishing some rep, wasnt a totally undeserved crosscheck.

Reactions: h2

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Do not care if we are a man short, Hainsey and Zaitsev have no business being on the ice there in a game trailing by one when the Sens need to get possession. No excuse.
That's literally the worst combination of Dmen available to any head coach in the entire league this season and he does that. Amazing stuff.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
That's literally the worst combination of Dmen available to any head coach in the entire league this season and he does that. Amazing stuff.
Only caught parts of the third. Did they still have their timeout? If Chabot is tired, call your timeout, get him rested and have out there to push for the tie. Better chance of gaining possession and getting the goalie out with Chabot on the ice instead of two guys who like to play hot potato with the puck. Shouldn't even matter where the faceoff was. 25 seconds is plenty of time to get at least one opportunity. All you gotta do there is win the faceoff and get an entry. Two forwards back there for that faceoff would have been better options.

Now if they didn't have their timeout, that's a different story. Not a whole lot of options other than Chabot-DeMelo.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
just watched the replay, laughton went down easy on the first crosscheck but tkachuk jumped him with his back turned.

I liked tkachuk today, just not what he did at the end. not a fan of that kind of stuff tbh no matter who it is.

Love the rough stuff. The game needs it. The league is becoming way too soft.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
LOL

Where do you get this stuff?
He's not entirely wrong. Definitely not the best pair for the scenario the Sens were in. Golobef-Boro are probably a worse option.

Either way, not a big deal. Good game for the tank, but there were better ways to optimize your 5 skaters there but I am sure most coaches would have done the exact same thing as DJ did.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Excellent game.

Entertaining, physical hockey. Sens show great gumption to tie it up three times. Lots of learning opportunities (including for Tkachuk on how to deal with weasels). Still manage to avoid the 2 points. Perfect.

I would have hoped someone would have done something sooner. Laughton was running around all game when he tries to chase down Chabot and Pageau for « send a message » hits is when someone should have stepped in (I was pleasantly surprised Hainsey tried despite the fact he got turned down). It’s just too bad he got sucked in to a double minor by a weasel.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Solid games from Chucky, Duke, and Pager up front today. With a powerplay without electricity, would be nice to see Pageau in that set up as well. His brief time on man advantage was productive and not as listless as the current PP1 and PP2 format.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Personally have no problem w/ what Tkachuk did.
They still could have tied it they had posession. I am on team tank but that was undisciplined, not like he wont get another chance to get him back later. Tieing the game would have been better revenge then fight him next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad