GDT: December 7th - Ottawa Senators @ Philadelphia Flyers - 13:00 EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Tkachuk acted like a sore loser because Laughton just scored the game winning goal few minutes ago-- 30 seconds to go, he cheaply crossed checked Laughton, and then like the punk he is, jumped him from behind (on a guy who was pretty much laying on the ice defense-less)

Flyers fans have a valid reason for wanting the worst for Tkachuk for what he did.

NHL should have a look at this and suspend him
I'm thinking Tkachuk shouldnt get a story and a tuck in tonight at bedtime because of what he did.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Tkachuk acted like a sore loser because Laughton just scored the game winning goal few minutes ago-- 30 seconds to go, he cheaply crossed checked Laughton, and then like the punk he is, jumped him from behind (on a guy who was pretty much laying on the ice defense-less)

Flyers fans have a valid reason for wanting the worst for Tkachuk for what he did.

NHL should have a look at this and suspend him

Wow. You be making friends in here with that take

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
why it was a pretty dumb play? 4-3 score with 30 seconds left in the game. more than enough time to tie it and brady got played like a child.

what should the boys be appreciative of? id be pretty pissed losing the game like that.
His “penalty” was bullshit and the penalty he took after that made no difference. He stood up for other teammates by going after a guy who was head hunting and trash talking all game (who had a bad finger so was scared to fight). He didn’t cause them to lose to game or not have a chance to tie it.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
why it was a pretty dumb play? 4-3 score with 30 seconds left in the game. more than enough time to tie it and brady got played like a child.

what should the boys be appreciative of? id be pretty pissed losing the game like that.

Absolutely there's two sides to this. I was thinking afterwards that as he grows and matures a bit, he'd have picked his spot better, but as a fan of a team that's been pretty vanilla for a couple of years, I can't help but really like his reaction - and win, lose or draw, if you're a teammate, you're happy he's on your team (IMO).

Reactions: Cosmix

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Absolutely there's two sides to this. I was thinking afterwards that as he grows and matures a bit, he'd have picked his spot better, but as a fan of a team that's been pretty vanilla for a couple of years, I can't help but really like his reaction - and win, lose or draw, if you're a teammate, you're happy he's on your team (IMO).
I would argue that Tkachuk actually picked his spot pretty well there.

to elaborate:
20 seconds left in a game, puck in the defensive zone, against a team who you have a history with, a player that just taunted your team. send a statement to your young team that you wont roll over and thats what he did. My goodness do i not miss last years team who would just roll over, lose, and skate off the ice with their heads down.

Last edited:

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I would argue that Tkachuk actually picked his spot pretty well there.

to elaborate:
20 seconds left in a game, puck in the defensive zone, against a team who you have a history with, a player that just taunted your team. send a statement to your young team that you wont roll over and thats what he did. My goodness do i not miss last years team who would just roll over, lose, and skate off the ice with their heads down.

While I totally agree that Brady Tkachuk alone is an upgrade on personnel in terms of not rolling over for anyone and infusing the young team with that razor's edge, I think there was 40 seconds left in a game where Ottawa was right there with Philly and still could have tied it.

Grand scheme is that I don't personally care, as I want one of the top 2 picks, but I could see where some people might argue with the timing.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
While I totally agree that Brady Tkachuk alone is an upgrade on personnel in terms of not rolling over for anyone and infusing the young team with that razor's edge, I think there was 40 seconds left in a game where Ottawa was right there with Philly and still could have tied it.

Grand scheme is that I don't personally care, as I want one of the top 2 picks, but I could see where some people might argue with the timing.
I think we're both more or less on the same page here. But just to break down some of the details: there was 25 seconds left in the game, puck in the defensive zone, however it was on Ottawa's stick. Tkachuk gave Laughton a cross check that doesnt get called 90% of the time, but since it did, Tkachuk said well f*** it mine as well just pummel the guy that's been a total rat and send a message.

This is a young team that's kind of already out of the playoff picture. I would agree with you if it was late in a playoff series or even if Ottawa was more in the playoff race maybe just let it go and focus on trying to tie it up. However, I think Ottawa needs to build a culture and what Tkachuk brings (and yes what he did in this particular incident) is and will be a big part of their success down the road.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I remember when Philly was a tough city. A city that booed Santa Clause. A city that celebrated a goon squad known as the Broad Street Bullies. What the hell happened to it?

Reactions: NyQuil

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I think we're both more or less on the same page here. But just to break down some of the details: there was 25 seconds left in the game, puck in the defensive zone, however it was on Ottawa's stick. Tkachuk gave Laughton a cross check that doesnt get called 90% of the time, but since it did, Tkachuk said well **** it mine as well just pummel the guy that's been a total rat and send a message.

This is a young team that's kind of already out of the playoff picture. I would agree with you if it was late in a playoff series or even if Ottawa was more in the playoff race maybe just let it go and focus on trying to tie it up. However, I think Ottawa needs to build a culture and what Tkachuk brings (and yes what he did in this particular incident) is and will be a big part of their success down the road.

If it was 25 seconds left, then I can pretty much get on board, my mistake. I guess later in his career he'll wait to see if Laughton gets 2 for diving before burying him, but it's all good basically.

And yes, totally agree about building the culture.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If it was 25 seconds left, then I can pretty much get on board, my mistake. I guess later in his career he'll wait to see if Laughton gets 2 for diving before burying him, but it's all good basically.

And yes, totally agree about building the culture.
I dont think Laughton dove. I've seen a lot of Sens fans saying this on these boards but Brady has 20+ pounds on him and gave him a good shot (one that i think generally wouldnt of gone penalized). I wonder if the ref didnt put his arm up if Brady would of skated the other way and tried to score a goal.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

It was a perfect play. The whole game was physical and Tkachuk gives him a jab that makes him fall like a sack of potatoes.

Even Laughton himself was barely celebrating at the end, the guy knew he ****ed up and Tkachuk made him pay for it watching him turtle like a ******

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Do they make more money or get into the playoffs if they win?
He also took a cut towards Brady and started to lift his elbow either to hit him or make him flinch.

Well played Brady well played

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
so tkachuk drops his gloves when the other guy is laying on the ice...not a good look there

Meh, I've seen a lot of guys go after someone when they dive. It's pure dishonesty. It makes other players blood boil when they see people dive like soccer players. Tkachuk isn't alone or even in a small group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad