Injury Report: Dec. 31: Del Zotto (hand/wrist) day-to-day

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tbf to Streit he is, since joining the Flyers:

25th in 5v5 P/60 for Dmen. (Shattenkirk, Faulk & Leddy are three closest around him.)
28th in 5v5 points for Dmen. (Leddy & Ekman-Larsson with same amount.)

I mean... I think he IS worth a late 1st in terms of his playing ability... it is just if that extra year of contract is too big a hump for teams to give a 1st. If he came back playing at the same level he was before going down and was UFA at year end I would be pretty confident of a late 1st.

To get a 1st it would be worthwhile to pick up $2M from next year's contract, since you'd still save $3m (plus $3M for L Schenn) and have the pick.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd rather keep Medvedev and move Streit, Medvedevis 5 years younger and bigger and more physical, and at this point a better skater.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
I'd rather keep Medvedev and move Streit, Medvedevis 5 years younger and bigger and more physical, and at this point a better skater.

1238895886504840879.jpg

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
Does Gostisbehere get bumped off the PP when he returns?

I would move Voracek off the right wall, and put Ghost there. Ghost's slapper/wrister >> Voracek

Maybe experiment with Voracek in the slot, if that doesn't work use him on the 2nd PP. He can help carry it into the zone for the 2nd PP

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I would move Voracek off the right wall, and put Ghost there. Ghost's slapper/wrister >> Voracek

Maybe experiment with Voracek in the slot, if that doesn't work use him on the 2nd PP. He can help carry it into the zone for the 2nd PP
The Flyers have had arguably the best PP in the league the last 5 years with 3 constants- Giroux, Voracek, and Simmonds.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The Flyers have had arguably the best PP in the league the last 5 years with 3 constants- Giroux, Voracek, and Simmonds.

Well, technically I suppose 2 constants over that time-frame:

Giroux & Simmonds.

Jake was on PP2 for the first half of 2011-12 and it still produced tbf. (though he replaced Jagr like for like really.)

But yeh, Giroux, Simmer & Voracek have been excellent in their roles on the PP since the beginning of the 2012 calendar year, nigh on 4 whole years.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Streit replacing MDZ on the second unit seems to be the most logical choice here.

I concur. MDZ is not suited to being a PP guy. He is best when the game is being played at pace, and is not as good when he has more time to think.

Streit helped PP2 the last time he was on it in 2013-14 as well.

Simmonds
Giroux -- Schenn -- Voracek
Gostisbehere

Raffl
Couturier -- Read
Streit -- Medvedev

Is what I guess they go to... though personally I would replace Read with Laughton on those units.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
If you can move the contract, you have to do it.

His contract is hardly an albatross. If he were a UFA this summer, I suspect he would have been given 5.25m for two years by some team.

There are much greater concerns than dumping Streit's contract. He at least provides some benefit to the team.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This thread will remain active with the updates to Del Zotto and Streit:

Del Zotto remains questionable for Wednesday’s game against the Sharks. He has either a hand or wrist injury. All he’ll say is that it happened during the St. Louis game before the Christmas break.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...-leaves-practice-mark-streits-return-imminent

Nor has Mark Streit’s situation.

The veteran defenseman is still on target to come off long-term injury either Tuesday or Wednesday. Once the Flyers do that, they need to lose about $860,000 in salary cap money.

“He looked good again today,” Hakstol said. “We will make the final decision over the next 24 or 36 hours.”

Either one player must go or one player has to be placed on long-term injury.

“I’ve been skating a while now and it’s been good progress,” Streit said, adding that the long practice on Monday — nearly 90 minutes — was a good test for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad