Injury Report: Dec. 31: Del Zotto (hand/wrist) day-to-day

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
November 14:
  • Mark Streit (LTIR) is out about six weeks to have surgery to repair a pubic plate detachment.
  • R.J. Umberger (IR) is out 1-to-2 weeks from Nov. 12. It is reported as the result of a blocked shot by his left foot.
  • Defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere and left wing Taylor Leier have been recalled.

STREIT OUT; GOSTISBEHERE AND LEIER IN
The Flyers announced today that defenseman Mark Streit will undergo surgery Tuesday morning to repair a pubic plate detachment. The surgery will be performed by Dr. William Meyers. He is expected to be out at six weeks.

Streit will join RJ Umberger on the injured reserve. In his 16 games this season, Streit has posted three goals and six assists for nine points.

The Flyers also announced that defenseman Shayne Gostisbehere and left wing Taylor Leier have been called up from their AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Gostisbehere has notched two goals and eight assists in his 14 games this season with the Phantoms. Last year he joined the parent club for two games.

On the other side of the ice, Taylor Leier could make his NHL debut tonight. He's currently standing at four goals and five assists with the Phantoms.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=785835

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This is now open for comments after the re-direct to the GDT of Nov. 14.

All related discussion to the moves and eventually Streit's recovery process can be made here.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That was an odd play. Didn't look like a really hard hit or anything and Liles is tiny and isn't known as a dirty player. I'm curious to see what the actual injury was.

I think it was a case of him letting his guard down & not expecting to get hit there. So he didn't really brace for it leaving him exposed.

I thought it was a leg injury initially but I saw a gif of him holding his shoulder with it slouched over as he was leaving the ice.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
I think it was a case of him letting his guard down & not expecting to get hit there. So he didn't really brace for it leaving him exposed.

I thought it was a leg injury initially but I saw a gif of him holding his shoulder with it slouched over as he was leaving the ice.

If you watch it again, his arm is pressed right against the rim of the boards

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010

Let's hope there's a call up to take his place rather than Lecavalier and his 0 win record.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

Let's hope there's a call up to take his place rather than Lecavalier and his 0 win record.

Gotta assume it just means leier hangs around and bschenn comes back not that he ever should have left but...

Raffl - g - Jake
Read - coots - simmer
Schenn - laughton - gagner
Vdv - peb - leier

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The first reply on that tweet is some idiot saying it's a concussion. When do teams ever specify a 2-4 week timetable the day after a player is actually concussed?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Schenn back in lineup. Keep Leier in. Keep Lecavalier out. Makes too much sense so it concerns me.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Umberger update from November 26:

Flyers right winger R.J. Umberger, sidelined since blocking a Blake Wheeler shot Nov. 7 in Winnipeg, returned to practice Thursday, a first step toward returning to the lineup.

"It felt better than expected; it was a good first time, and hopefully I can be able to build from it and get in position to play soon," said Umberger, who suffered an apparent foot injury.
Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...tep-toward-returning.html#7f18P9ZafA1HqbCT.99

He has missed the last eight games, and won't play Friday afternoon against visiting Nashville or Saturday afternoon against the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.

"It's 19 days right now, and it feels like an eternity," he said.

Umberger has missed 11 games with two separate injuries this season.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Nov. 26:
Ryan White continues to skate but no contact. He won't play either game this weekend which isn't unexpected news. He said he is a few days away from contact.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
It'll be nice to get White and Umberger back.

The team played well enough with the healthy lineup, even if goals were still hard to come by.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, Leier would be better off back in the AHL than getting 8 minutes on the 4th line.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011
Hopefully they don't lump Cousins with Laughton and give them no time.

Raffl-Laughton-Simmonds
Read-COuturier-Cousins

or something

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
December 1, Umberger (and White) info:

From Sam Carchidi's Twitter:
White and Umberger may be able to play this weekend, Hexy says.

Randy Miller article:

Monday was a good day.

Sidelined since Nov. 7 with a lower-body injury that is believed to be a foot issue, Umberger returned to practice.

Very soon Umberger expects to receive medical clearance to play, and ASAP he hopes to get back in the Flyers lineup and start doing what GM Ron Hextall expected trading left wing Scott Hartnell for him in June 2014.

He has one more season after this one on a five-year, $23-million contract that carries a $4.6 million cap hit, and that makes him a very strong candidate to be bought out after this season. He was worried last season, and if the Flyers go that route after the 2015-16 season, they'll reduce his cap hit to $1.6 million cap next season but also be stuck with a $1.5 million cap hit in 2017-18.

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/...date_bung.html#incart_river_mobileshort_index

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Cousins and McDonald are sure to go down as Umberger and White get healthy. They got less than 7 minutes tonight.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
December 4 update:

Injury updates
Prior to Friday’s game, Flyers GM Ron Hextall provided an update on a few of the Flyers’ banged up skaters.

Defenseman Mark Streit (pubic plate detachment) will begin working out on the ice every day starting Monday. He’s still about three weeks away from a return, however.

Forwards R.J. Umberger (left foot) and Ryan White (right shoulder) are close to 100 percent and could be re-joining the Flyers soon, according to Hextall. It’s possible both players will be available Saturday, but neither should be considered a lock to play.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phi...nt-replay-flyers-new-jersey-devils-game-recap

December 5:

White and Umberger were activated from IR.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad