Injury Report: Dec. 28: Mason (back) could be activated from IR and play at Arizona Dec. 29

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
I know an option...

tumblr_n37vla1CyM1rsaq0to2_400.gif

It might be a better option than what we have available now. They need his fearless intensity there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8_wrJpRDaU

Last edited:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
i'm shocked at all the negativity here. i think this is a blessing in disguise. I know it's a fans gut reaction to want to see their team try to win all the time, but lets face it, we're not going anywhere this year anyway, even with Mason, so why not try and grab the best possible pick we can?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
i'm shocked at all the negativity here. i think this is a blessing in disguise. I know it's a fans gut reaction to want to see their team try to win all the time, but lets face it, we're not going anywhere this year anyway, so why not try and grab the best possible pick we can?

Watching Mason has been one of the few bright spots for the team for me. For me, it's basically:

1) G/V
2) Mason
3) Couturier's development and what he manages in his usage

4) Laughton

5) Schenn coming along at wing.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i'm shocked at all the negativity here. i think this is a blessing in disguise. I know it's a fans gut reaction to want to see their team try to win all the time, but lets face it, we're not going anywhere this year anyway, even with Mason, so why not try and grab the best possible pick we can?

i think many are in the same boat. This is the best thing that could happen to us.....as long as the injury is an acute injury.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Injuries can have long term consequences, and Mason is a good guy who works his ass off and might be playing the best hockey of his career. So I'm not going to celebrate him suffering a painful injury at practice.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
The worst goalie in the NHL playing behind the worst Def in the NHL,,,,,

Sunday is gonna SUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Dumpster Flyers

Jun 21, 2006
Injuries can have long term consequences, and Mason is a good guy who works his ass off and might be playing the best hockey of his career. So I'm not going to celebrate him suffering a painful injury at practice.
Wait... why would you?

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007

no one's asking you to celebrate it. but (assuming Mason's injury isn't a long term issue) there's nothing wrong with thinking ahead and realizing that this injury likely means a higher pick in the draft, which is better for the team's future than finishing 9th or 10th, which was where they were headed.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
this team isn't getting a high pick.

Emery will go on a 5 game winning streak when Mason is gone.

book it.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
they should have frozen Mason in carbonite ala Han Solo a few weeks ago until the rest of the team is better anyways

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
no one's asking you to celebrate it. but (assuming Mason's injury isn't a long term issue) there's nothing wrong with thinking ahead and realizing that this injury likely means a higher pick in the draft, which is better for the team's future than finishing 9th or 10th, which was where they were headed.

The problem for me is that it's a back injury. Like I said before him getting hurt might be the best thing that could happen for the team long term, but no one should be looking for a back or hip injury in a goalie. It's an injury in a location that, depending on the severity, could possibly affect the rest of his career.

If it's spasms he's only out a game or two, which won't matter much. If it's anything worse it could leave us needing a goalie again.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The problem for me is that it's a back injury. Like I said before him getting hurt might be the best thing that could happen for the team long term, but no one should be looking for a back or hip injury in a goalie. It's an injury in a location that, depending on the severity, could possibly affect the rest of his career.

If it's spasms he's only out a game or two, which won't matter much. If it's anything worse it could leave us needing a goalie again.

Yeah that's where I am at. I am legitimately concerned here as of now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad