Injury Report: Dec. 28: Mason (back) could be activated from IR and play at Arizona Dec. 29

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
I remember that none of the guys could score on Hexy's kid a while back in SO practices, that must mean he's unstoppable right? Maybe we should give him a shot. :sarcasm:

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
First of all, I wish Mase fast and complete recovery- sore back is not fun at all.

And then the second point. My fear is that if Mase goes on LTIR, Berube might not get canned. since there was nothing he could have done better without #1 goalie.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
First of all, I wish Mase fast and complete recovery- sore back is not fun at all.

And then the second point. My fear is that if Mase goes on LTIR, Berube might not get canned. since there was nothing he could have done better without #1 goalie.

I don't think Hextall is dumb enough to see Berube as a viable coach who just had bad luck with a goalie injury.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I hope you are correct.

Also my condolences on your location;)

Haven't updated it in a while, actually just realized. Back on the good side of the state these days after 7 years. But the Burgh is a very nice city and will always be my second home.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
Haven't updated it in a while, actually just realized. Back on the good side of the state these days after 7 years. But the Burgh is a very nice city and will always be my second home.

It is...till you get to be around Penguins fans for longer than 3 minutes.;)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Any chance they give the kid in Lehigh Valley a shot?

1% chance. He's years away. He just started getting an increased amount of starts these past couple of weeks. He's essentially the 1B goalie down there now.

Zepp would likely get called ahead of him if they don't bring anybody else in from the outside.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Only preseason but Zepp looked good. He has also looked good in the AHL. Be interested to see how he does.

sallahoose

May 13, 2014
I was actually at this practice and it didnt look good the way he had to carried off the ice....
I have one question...does anybody know about the dude who was out there, wearing number 25 on his helmet, no shield, right handed. I couldn't figure out who it was for the life of me, I dont think I've ever seen his face before...he didnt look bad. I tweeted at panotch and carchidi but they probably were dealing with the mason situation... or Panotch was looking at pronger stats 10 years ago...

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I was actually at this practice and it didnt look good the way he had to carried off the ice....
I have one question...does anybody know about the dude who was out there, wearing number 25 on his helmet, no shield, right handed. I couldn't figure out who it was for the life of me, I dont think I've ever seen his face before...he didnt look bad. I tweeted at panotch and carchidi but they probably were dealing with the mason situation... or Panotch was looking at pronger stats 10 years ago...

That's probably Ryan White.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm a goalie with a very athletic style. I have a SMALL tear in my lower back. I'm on my 4th month of discomfort/minor pain. So I totally understand the concern here. It could have long lasting implications.

But to be fair, once I found out I wasn't getting surgery I kept playing.

Hes not as stupid as me, and if he is, he's not allowed to be as stupid as me.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
The hockey gods are in on our tank, thanks guys upstairs appreciate the support.

Seriously though, we were putting up the goals against we have been and losing as much as we have been with Mason playing stellar. So a very real possibility of horror movie levels of play coming up.

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Nooooo. He's been playing pretty good as of late. I can't imagine Emery as a starting goalie, poor guys hips are gonna turn to dust. So is Hextall gonna wheel n deal for a goalie? Or are we gonna go with an AHLer. Either way McEichel is looking more likely...

VanFlyer

Feb 18, 2007
https://twitter.com/BroadStBull/status/545989084108562433

This is bad.

tumblr_lv07k4Ghr31r225gyo1_500.gif

What kind of journalist uses "ut oh"? Sam Carchidi is a moron.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Backs are tricky.....I hope this isn't something that nags him the entire year and beyond. That would suck really bad especially with the hipster as our back up having to take on a heavier load. Top three pick could almost be a lock ....:help:

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
With Emery and Zepp I can see us giving up 12 + goals this weekend :cry:

Leafs can score and Jets are going to dominate the possession game vs us, could get real ugly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad