Weal - Thompson - Barber

If Weal and Poehling are inverted...

0*mgKvKI8NVJKjhHGT.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Fixxer

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Poehling should be left in the AHL for the season. Don't want another McCarron situation where he's constantly called up and down. Not good for a player's development.
Yeah Poehling has been getting hot lately too. I wanted to see him stay there and keep building kn his output/confidence. While injuries to both teams are a factor, I think someone else should have got the call.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I predict:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lekhonen - Domi - Armia
Cousins - Suzuki - Poehling
Weal - Thompson - Barber

If Weal and Poehling are inverted...

0*mgKvKI8NVJKjhHGT.gif
Poehling isn't a RW

I'd like to see him with Domi and Armia

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If they aren't going to send Leskinen back then I was hoping they would send Reilly down, Laval has some really tough games coming up and he would help the PP a ton.

Reilly needs to agree to being sent down on a conditioning stint. I would hope he does because as you say, he'd help Laval right now, particularly since they're missing a number of their key pieces.

Reactions: Fixxer

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Reilly needs to agree to being sent down on a conditioning stint. I would hope he does because as you say, he'd help Laval right now, particularly since they're missing a number of their key pieces.

no I meant waivers, he makes 1.5M next year, I don't think he gets picked. Once Mete is back we would have 9 D so I'm sure that's when they would send down Leskinen, although if Reilly would agree to a conditioning stint they could then wait on waivers as hopefully Mete would be back around the time of his 2 weeks. Although Laval is about to have a week off so perhaps they won't do anything.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Domi needs a fast player with him. Lek is doing that job. Phoeling cannot.
Poehling can keep up. Domi also has shown no chemistry with Lehky, so maybe they should try something different.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
no I meant waivers, he makes 1.5M next year, I don't think he gets picked. Once Mete is back we would have 9 D so I'm sure that's when they would send down Leskinen, although if Reilly would agree to a conditioning stint they could then wait on waivers as hopefully Mete would be back around the time of his 2 weeks. Although Laval is about to have a week off so perhaps they won't do anything.

Ah. Hopefully we'll get news on Reilly being placed on waivers at noon.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Bergevins so desperate for his prized prospects to look good that he keeps sending them up over guys who deserve it more, or at the expense of their development.

Asinine. The drive for 9th is strong.

Last time he called him up for 4th line duty, he took few weeks to get his game back to producing in AHL. Let's see what happens this time.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Was sort of hoping for Evans or Vejdemo but this is OK too. Poehling seems to be playing pretty well.
Poehling plays a bigger role in the Habs future than Evans and Vejdemo imo. Those guys look to be more of the bottom 6 variety which we have or can acquire via 5th round picks.

Poehling needs to step up and belong

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Poehling plays a bigger role in the Habs future than Evans and Vejdemo imo. Those guys look to be more of the bottom 6 variety which we have or can acquire via 5th round picks.

Poehling needs to step up and belong
That's true but it's best to be patient. I don't mind a game here and there though when he deserves it.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't like calling Poehling up just as he started to find his game. There's not much in terms of LW's in Laval, but Vejdemo could have been tried on Thompson's wing.

Reactions: montreal

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Switch Weal and Cousins. Then switch Weal and Poehling

I think Julien is starting to really like Cousins , he's been favouring him more the last few games (over Weal). I could see your scenario happening as well , I guess we'll see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad