Recalled/Assigned: (Dec. 13) Ryan Poehling Called Back Up to Montreal

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Yeah I'm not high on Weal.

But he's miles ahead of Hudon. Hudon is just way too brutal defensively. Weal is not.
Hudon is brutal offensively too......I never want to see him play in Montreal ever again unless it’s for another team. I’m so done with this player. He’s like Beaulieu to me, no f***in good

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hudon is brutal offensively too......I never want to see him play in Montreal ever again unless it’s for another team. I’m so done with this player. He’s like Beaulieu to me, no ****in good

I appreciate Weal and Cousins for their grit. And they are way ahead of Hudon. But man, I really wish Bergevin had supplemented our young core of Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, and KK that are currently in the top 9 with players that have been available over the last two summers like Nyquist, MoJo, Dzingle, Brassard, Perron, Duclair, and Skinner. I think our young players would really benefit from playing with this caliber of vets. Because Chucky might be the next one available without giving up significant assets, I'd take a chance on him. I think Domi or Suzuki would benefit offensively from playing with him. Suzuki, Armia, and/or Lehkonen can hold it down defensively as linemates.

Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
As most already know:

My guess, Byron probably met with the doctors after practice today to see how he was after his first practice and they decided that he's not ready for a return tomorrow night.

Reactions: habsfan891

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
136950-eyJRKPLD6qXTShqP.jpg

Reactions: the

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
He needs to have a good game, and soon. The kid has some talent. I think he also goes West with them. Riley Barber will be the odd man out.

That's weird because I thought he played great last game. He could have easily had two points. One goal he got robbed on in the slot battling in front of the net and the other was him battling on the boards getting the puck back and sliding into the slot then perfectly setting up Weber for a bomb who didn't get all of it.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He needs to have a good game, and soon. The kid has some talent. I think he also goes West with them. Riley Barber will be the odd man out.

I would have liked to have see Poehling stay up as well. I think they had a plan to see what Barber can do before the Ottawa game and sre sticking with it, despite how well Poehling played.

Last edited:

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Oh he's going west with them for sure. Huge Christmas road trip before family time.. perfect for him to settle in to the team atmosphere.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Hopefully Poehlidng can play like last game and show he is in fact ready to stay up full time. We'll see.
He doesn't need to be ready just yet. I mean it would be awesome but unless we really want to make the playoffs he can simmer.

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
That's weird because I thought he played great last game. He could have easily had two points. One goal he got robbed on in the slot battling in front of the net and the other was him battling on the boards getting the puck back and sliding into the slot then perfectly setting up Weber for a bomb who didn't get all of it.
Yeah I actually liked the line overall...think they really generated chances when they were on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad