LeBrun: DeBrincat will most likely be traded, agent has submitted list of preferred destinations

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
A straight 1-1 for Bratt makes a lot of sense from NJ's side, I don't know how the Sens would feel about it though.
If it happened we'd have to put the Bratt vs every single Senator player polls though. LOL

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
This is my shocked font. I am shocked.
Hey, that's just regular.

phony-fraud.gif

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Trading him at his all time high value was a good move for the Hawks. So many 'mystery box' jokes that did not seem to realize what it means to be a "$9.0 million Qualifying Offer one year removed from UFA"

He should be able to fetch something in the re-trade market, for the right team in the right situation, you could worse than acquiring and extending him.

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Calgary, Islanders, Washington and Pittsburgh need to be in on this.

Teams that need some scoring on the wing and pure offensive talent should be calling Ottawa. Debrincat is a really good scoring talent. I believe he’s top 10 in goals the last 3-4 seasons combined.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I...don't think they can with all the RFA extensions coming due next year. not without gutting some of that depth which is arguably some of the sneakiest and deepest in the league.

Columbus making this trade means they are going all in; moving out essential pieces to make it work past next season with that QA and that means they are being managed by a buffoon

Columbus would never even entertain that move

Reactions: Warh1ppy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Maybe a deal with Islanders, who have some veteran players on 2-3 year deals where Ottawa can still fill for Debrincat's icetime and maybe pick up an additional asset (depending on the quality/expected contribution of the returning player)

Brock Nelson, JG Pageau, Josh Bailey, Kyle Palmieri, Anders Lee all seem like players who fit the above description and which the Islanders may be looking to move in a bit of a roster refresh.
No chance NYI would trade Nelson for Debrincat. Lee would be interesting even though he's decently overpaid but don't think he would waive.... Pageau would be interesting, too, but would need to be a good + (as there would with Lee).
WELCOME TO DETROIT MR. DEBRINCAT

17OA + Zadina
I think Ottawa would try to get a better NHL forward in return than Zadina (and better than Detroit would/could provide)

Last edited:

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
What does Debricant have over Bratt that is worth a 1st?
Bratt has been a playoff dud in the one year he's had a chance to go. He's also only had two 70+ point seasons - both of which were when he needs a new contract. He's not a one hit wonder any longer, but he can still just as easily regress.

Debrincat has been solid throughout his entire career. Better track record overall. He can play either wing which gives him more versatility.

I just personally find Debrincat more valuable.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Would probably look good with Jack Hughes. Maybe a Meier/DeBrincat swap with some adds could work well for both teams. Going to be hard to trade him with that qualifying offer looming.

• Haha
Reactions: Grinner

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
LOOOOL. Where are Sens fans who were screaming he would get signed at?

You could tell he was going to bolt from Day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad