Speculation: DeBrincat and Strome

Who would you keep?

• Total voters

cobra427

May 6, 2012
From what I've seen on your board, he hasn't played center since October (although I can see why as he's always been better on the wing).
Schmaltz has been playing mostly wing but some at C. He has been solid in all 3 zones, helps to drive the play, much better all around player than Strome.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
and herein lies the problem, what happen is Kane ??

what will happen to that first line ??

trade some other pieces if need be, promote some kids, sign some FA's;

for now I would do this if healthy;

Saad-Toews-Cagguila
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Cat-Strome-Shaw
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter

At this point, not being healthy I would go with;

Hagel-Toews-Kurashev
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Cat-Strome-Entwhistle
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter

Reactions: LDF

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
trade some other pieces if need be, promote some kids, sign some FA's;

for now I would do this if healthy;

Saad-Toews-Cagguila
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Cat-Strome-Shaw
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter

At this point, not being healthy I would go with;

Hagel-Toews-Kurashev
Kubalik-Dach-Kane
Cat-Strome-Entwhistle
Smith-Kampf-Carpenter
in your post, the 2 examples will have major flaws in it esp in the top 3 lines.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Strome-Toews-Kane

DeBrincat-Dach-Nylander (because that’s where Nylander’s game fits, imo and I’d hope he could be a decent playmaking third wheel at some point soon)

Saad-Kampf-Kubalik (reunite the perfection line :laugh:)

Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula/Shaw/Highmore/Quennville

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Strome-Toews-Kane

DeBrincat-Dach-Nylander (because that’s where Nylander’s game fits, imo and I’d hope he could be a decent playmaking third wheel at some point soon)

Saad-Kampf-Kubalik (reunite the perfection line :laugh:)

Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula/Shaw/Highmore/Quennville

ya I don't mind that and I totally forgot about Nylander...that is telling in and of itself and I am a fan of his potential. Kid has to pick up his confidence and game

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
HF, where we give up on players after a bad stretch of games. You keep both, both are good offensive players, not the guys you build around, but that you build with.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
HF, where we give up on players after a bad stretch of games. You keep both, both are good offensive players, not the guys you build around, but that you build with.
a very good team has very good productive players at other position making the depth dangerous. for what ever reason the production of Cat and Strome is not there. well this is a crappy season, lets see how players respond to this ongoing season.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Strome doesn’t deserve anymore than 2.5M, if he wants anything else he gets shipped, he knows he will play himself out of the NHL if he goes anywhere else, sign him to 4 years at 2.5 and put in his contract that he has to work like a horse in Chicago with the trainers to improve his ECHL level skating or get rid of him. Stan needs to go he doesn’t know how to lay down the law, he has no negotiation skills.

Reactions: cobra427

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
In all of the games I’ve seen, Strome is a product of his line mates. Dude doesn’t drive the play ever. Let everyone else do the work and maybe I’ll luck into a puck finding me because he sure as shit isn’t beating anyone in a race to it.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
In all of the games I’ve seen, Strome is a product of his line mates. Dude doesn’t drive the play ever. Let everyone else do the work and maybe I’ll luck into a puck finding me because he sure as **** isn’t beating anyone in a race to it.
Believe it or not, not all the solid scoring line guys are line drivers.

Reactions: d rake

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Strome doesn’t deserve anymore than 2.5M, if he wants anything else he gets shipped, he knows he will play himself out of the NHL if he goes anywhere else, sign him to 4 years at 2.5 and put in his contract that he has to work like a horse in Chicago with the trainers to improve his ECHL level skating or get rid of him. Stan needs to go he doesn’t know how to lay down the law, he has no negotiation skills.
You need to learn how to watch hockey.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
75pts in 92 games...garbage...LOL

It’s easy when 80% of your points Kane touches the puck, I am sure half of those points are secondary assists. If there is a picture perfect example of a player’s number getting padded up by someone else it’s Strome. Not only that, whenever the team plays fast and hard on the puck aggressive teams he’s practically invisible, this guy will completely disappear once playoffs roll around which is never, keep looking at points tho.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
First Strome's points were being padded by DeBrincat. Now his points are being padded by Kane. I remember when Schmaltz was on Kane's line last season and he did jack shit with him before being dealt. And this is coming from someone who was the original guy who called Strome charmin soft as a player.

Reactions: Callidusblackhawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad