Speculation: DeBrincat and Strome

Who would you keep?

• Total voters

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I mean, Cat is gonna go on a heater at some point and I still think he finishes around thirty goals. He’s not burying chances but he missed on a good chance and he ripped half a chance just wide tonight alone. His shot/release didn’t go away.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Right now I'm so disgusted, I'm Hawk GM, I'm on 30 phone lines saying, "Open for business, let's talk ..."
Tonight's debacle was that bad.
Nobody and I mean noBODY ... well except the two you know whos ... off limits.
Cat & Strome certainly not.

Reactions: LDF

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I question whether DeBrincat will ever reach anywhere close to the level of his first 2 seasons. Look at what's happening to all small players except Patrick Kane. League wide, these smurfy players are having down seasons. Is it possible that the league has caught up to them? Gaudreau and DeBrincat are having similar seasons.

recency bias...

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Right now I'm so disgusted, I'm Hawk GM, I'm on 30 phone lines saying, "Open for business, let's talk ..."

Do you think Arizona is stupid enough to trade Schmaltz for Strome? No one would do that trade right now, only Stan would

Reactions: Jagged Ice

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I’d keep them both but if we were going to trade them I’d call Columbus in a deal around Werenski.

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Do you think Arizona is stupid enough to trade Schmaltz for Strome? No one would do that trade right now, only Stan would
As a Coyotes fan I would say there is not a chance in hell we'd trade Schmaltz for Strome.
Having said that I think the trade was a win for both teams. Strome is a talent without a doubt, but he needs Debrincat and is happy playing with Debrincat. If you guys trade him at the deadline, he'll probably revert back to poor play and attitude issues that you saw in Arizona.

Last edited:

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
As a Coyotes fan I would say there is not a chance in hell we'd trade Schmaltz for Strome.
Having said that I think the trade was a win for both teams. Strome is a talent without a doubt, but he needs Debrincat and is happy playing with Debrincat. If you guys trade him at the deadline, he'll probably revert back to poor play and attitude issues that you saw in Arizona.
Does Schmaltz still play center?

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I would hope that the two "you know whos" are Dach and Boqvist.

Right now

Gaudreau: 10-19-29 in 39 games

Domi: 9-17-26 in 37 games

Marchessault: 12-15-27 in 40 games

DeBrincat: 8-17-25 in 38 games

They're all having similar seasons. There aren't that many smurfy guys that stick, but of the ones who did, this is what I found.

Last edited:

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
Strome needs to out produce Toews one year while being a shell of the all around player disinterested Toews is before you can begin to say he’s our 1C.
I agree, in no way is Strome a 1C and not better than Toews. Strome is a good passer/vision and has good IQ but legs can't do what his mind tells them to do.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I agree, in no way is Strome a 1C and not better than Toews. Strome is a good passer/vision and has good IQ but legs can't do what his mind tells them to do.

I think he is an imperfect centre but I thought the Hawks missed him when he was off with the concussion.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007

Without Kane padding his stats he’s useless, he has a good game where he’s noticeable then he has 10 that are meh where Kane carries him and he still gets 5 points when he has been absolutely invisible. He’s junk...

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not sure. Depends on how Strome finishes out the season and depends on Nurse’s contract situation
i would like a 2nd tier d-man that is in their prospect list to be added.

reason is this a mid teen first rounder, Nurse is last yr of a 3.5 mil rfa and will need a pay raise. Edm needs to sweeten the pot.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'd be on board with getting Strome and throwing him on Mcdavids wing letting Leon drop to the 2nd line.

But Nurse AND a 1st? Hell no. I'd give up the 1st and guys like Jones + Pulju but your not getting Nurse for him.

Edit: just realized this is the Hawks board and not the main boards. My bad if I'm intruding or anything.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I'd be on board with getting Strome and throwing him on Mcdavids wing letting Leon drop to the 2nd line.

But Nurse AND a 1st? Hell no. I'd give up the 1st and guys like Jones + Pulju but your not getting Nurse for him.

Edit: just realized this is the Hawks board and not the main boards. My bad if I'm intruding or anything.

No worries. I don’t think it was a hawks fan that posted the idea anyway.

Like I said above, I’d imagine Edmonton only takes that offer if Chia magically regained control

Reactions: 780il

Jeffrey Lebowski

The Chicago Little Lebowski Urban Achievers
Jul 31, 2009
North Side
The way i see it, Dach (god willing) will become our 1c, pushing Toews to 2c (where he should be). At that point, we just need a 3rd liner, and that's not terribly hard to acquire or draft.

If Strome can get a good haul, I'm on board.

That being said, easier said than done. If Dach does live up to that potential, then we're gravy. But right now, it makes absolutely zero sense to trade him. He's s good offensive player who's smart And generally makes good plays.

Reactions: LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2