GDT: Death, taxes and Travis Green (Canucks vs. Wild on Wednesday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I really don't get it. It's not ****ing rocket science.

Petey-Miller-Virtanen
Pearson-Horvat-Toffoli
Rous-Gaud-MacEwen
Sutter/Bailey-Beagle-Motte
Normally I’d say to let Toffoli get a practice or two in before starting games for us. But if he is to replace Eriksson in the line up
I don’t care if he just had a 13 hour flight on quaaludes, he is still a better player than Loui

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I'm starting to think that we have a systems problem...........our team shouldn't be giving up anywhere near the amount of scoring opportunities that we are night in and night out. Unfortunately I don't see Green getting fired anytime soon.

Agreed on all points. Why are we getting outshot every night? Pretty sure we’ve allowed the 4th most shots against in the NHL. Inexcusable for a team that’s supposed to be in the playoffs.

And don’t get me started with the Eriksson thing. Green can just f*** right off with that one.

Reactions: VancouverJagger

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
There is... People just don't wanna entertainment em.

Management and ownership doesn't want to sit 6mil in the pressbox. It was a stupid signing from the start and looks even dumber now. LE would have only gotten 3 years max by any other team.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This Eriksson treatment is absolutely bizarre. Can only hope that this is about buttering him up so he retires gracefully this off season.

I thought Schaller was bizarre... this is just next level, especially against Minnesota who do not even have an elite top line.

MacEwen was excellent last game. Let him run with it.

Totally get the Toffoli move for now though and Gaudette Virt and Rouss makes sense

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Why is this thread stating that Eriksson was on the top line today when all the news I've been hearing stated that Toffoli was on the top line at practice today? Someone trying to get everyone riled up? (If so a solid piece of work there)

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Need a win. We're on a bit of a slump with wins in 2 of the last 7 (and those wins we probably didn't deserve either). I don't care if Markstrom saves 40+ or Loui Eriksson plays 23 min with zeroes on the stat sheet again, just WIN.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I'm starting to think that we have a systems problem...........our team shouldn't be giving up anywhere near the amount of scoring opportunities that we are night in and night out. Unfortunately I don't see Green getting fired anytime soon.
Yeah I think I agree. This was exactly how the Comets were under Green as well (and still are under Cull, for that matter).

I dont mind Green. This ain't a Torts or Willie Desjardins situation. I just dont think he's the guy for this team going forward. In an overall sense he's done a good job though.

Reactions: VancouverJagger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad