Movies: Deadpool & Wolverine - July 26, 2024

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
As a collection of winky member berries, this probably will be fun.

As the tool to possibly reboot the MCU story-wise ... it's either going to be a clever success or an unmitigated disaster. I don't see any middle ground there. I'm certainly curious, but also a little skeptical.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
As a collection of winky member berries, this probably will be fun.

As the tool to possibly reboot the MCU story-wise ... it's either going to be a clever success or an unmitigated disaster. I don't see any middle ground there. I'm certainly curious, but also a little skeptical.

The production of this movie is right on the heels of the recent issues the MCU has faced and the sudden change of slowing things down to revise their approach… I’m hoping this turn of events allows them to properly turn the ship on it and this movie is the perfect opportunity

As long as the fourth wall breaks and cross universe stuff doesn’t go full She-Hulk, it should be ok…

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
A deadpool movie where he has to save the MCU just seems perfect considering in a lot of ways, a lot of the MCU is relying on this movies success.

I still think Fieges ultimate goal is to give us a movie (secret wars) where all the marvel characters and the actors who.have played them can come together. We never got a tony stark/wolverine scene bc it was never possible...but now it is, so i think theyre just pushing toward that before rebooting the whole thing.

This movie seems like the most straightforward step towards that yet.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
A deadpool movie where he has to save the MCU just seems perfect considering in a lot of ways, a lot of the MCU is relying on this movies success.

I still think Fieges ultimate goal is to give us a movie (secret wars) where all the marvel characters and the actors who.have played them can come together. We never got a tony stark/wolverine scene bc it was never possible...but now it is, so i think theyre just pushing toward that before rebooting the whole thing.

This movie seems like the most straightforward step towards that yet.

It’s why I think they should just recast Kang to finish that portion of the saga and hype up that big crossover event which leads to a reboot that sees Xmen and the Avengers in the same stable multiverse

From the future projects can really focus on quality storylines of Dr Doom, Galactus, etc

Deadpool really could be Marvel Jesus!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
My only hope for this movie is that Deadpool somehow kills this tall Wolverine guy and a new one enters from another part of the multiverse instead.

The first two Deadpool movies were not in my taste at all. The first one had a decent enough story and the second one was a mess. The CGI and bad voiceacting on colossus really took me out of it.

And I still would have prefered a really buffed up Will Arnett as Deadpool. His voice is what I always envisioned Deadpools to be.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So this is supposed to be the start of the end of the Multiverse saga that leads into Secret Wars or so this guy thinks.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Cassandra Nova makes me want to go all comic book guy.
I had never heard of her, so I did a Google search from your comment...

I just assumed that was The Ancient One (in the trailer) being played by a different actress because it's from another universe
ezgif-1-c994a1590b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BertCorbeau

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Looked awful. Didn't entice me to watch it for free on the Disney channel.

But I thought the first two Deadpools were mediocre.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Looks really good!
It's been a while since I last wanted to watch a movie in theaters on opening weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad