Movies: Deadpool & Wolverine - July 26, 2024

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Weirdly, Im more excited about the practical claws than anything else seeing those shots

FWIW that's the 20th Century Fox logo behind them in the background :laugh: Destroyed and in shambles.

I'm quite interested to see how they take this with their entry into the MCU. Deadpool's 4th wall breaks open the door for some fun.

I wonder if they'll pick up off of Deadpool 2's post credits and he's still messing around with time, which causes an incursion of his universe and we get to see the destruction of that with various X-men characters fighting each other. Which also leads to the eventual destruction of both universes.

Owen Wilson and Miss Minutes are rumoured to be in this as well which is a clue that they could be jumping into the main MCU multi-verse by the end of the movie. Maybe both get arrested by the TVA and they escape into 616.

Reactions: BigBadBruins7708

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
FWIW that's the 20th Century Fox logo behind them in the background :laugh: Destroyed and in shambles.

I'm quite interested to see how they take this with their entry into the MCU. Deadpool's 4th wall breaks open the door for some fun.

I wonder if they'll pick up off of Deadpool 2's post credits and he's still messing around with time, which causes an incursion of his universe and we get to see the destruction of that with various X-men characters fighting each other. Which also leads to the eventual destruction of both universes.

Owen Wilson and Miss Minutes are rumoured to be in this as well which is a clue that they could be jumping into the main MCU multi-verse by the end of the movie. Maybe both get arrested by the TVA and they escape into 616.

Haha, well now you got me all hopeful they do a 4th wall break about how bad the CGI claws were X-Men Origins

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So many old X-Men are going to have at least cameos in this one. On top of Jackman as Wolverine, we are supposedly getting Storm (Halle Berry) and Jean Grey (Famke Janesen). Magneto (Ian McKellen) will be on Earth 838 after the events of Multiverse of Madness and will have a father daughter relationship with the Scarlett Witch (Olsen). A Loki variant and Owen Wilson from the show. Channing Tatum will finally get a cameo as Gambit in comic accurate clothes.

Also rumored is an older Laura Kinney played again by Dafne Keen.

Julian McMahon as a Doctor Doom variant.

Brian Cox as Stryker.
Taron Egerton as a variant Wolverine.
And the most insane rumor? Taylor Swift will appear as the X-Men member Dazzler

Interesting to see how many of these will pan out.

Reactions: BertCorbeau

AlanHUK

5-14-6-1
Nov 27, 2010
Nottingham, England
So many old X-Men are going to have at least cameos in this one. On top of Jackman as Wolverine, we are supposedly getting Storm (Halle Berry) and Jean Grey (Famke Janesen). Magneto (Ian McKellen) will be on Earth 838 after the events of Multiverse of Madness and will have a father daughter relationship with the Scarlett Witch (Olsen). A Loki variant and Owen Wilson from the show. Channing Tatum will finally get a cameo as Gambit in comic accurate clothes.

Also rumored is an older Laura Kinney played again by Dafne Keen.

Julian McMahon as a Doctor Doom variant.

Brian Cox as Stryker.
Taron Egerton as a variant Wolverine.
And the most insane rumor? Taylor Swift will appear as the X-Men member Dazzler

Interesting to see how many of these will pan out.

I could say that because of Ryan's connection to her, but there's only one sensible choice if you're casting a singer into that role and it's Miley Cyrus

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I could say that because of Ryan's connection to her, but there's only one sensible choice if you're casting a singer into that role and it's Miley Cyrus
From what I read and saw from insider YouTube videos it is supposedly that connection. I learned swift and Ryan's wife are "besties" supposedly.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
So take it for what it is worth but Taylor Swift rumor for the movie is heating up because she was seen with Reynolds, Jackman and Levy at a Chiefs game

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Wade or Logan decapitate Sabertooth?

I hope they manage to fit in Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth somewhere, given how much Ryan Reynolds loves to poke fun of X-Men Origins Wolverine.
The movie was garbage, but Schreiber was great in it.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I hope they manage to fit in Liev Schreiber's Sabretooth somewhere, given how much Ryan Reynolds loves to poke fun of X-Men Origins Wolverine.
The movie was garbage, but Schreiber was great in it.
There are parts of that movie I liked and some of the idea they had were good but the actual delivery was not good. I like the idea of showing Sabertooth and Wolverine's backstory which exists in the comics, a long rivalry, but they totally mess it up making them half-brother etc. They should have stuck with the original story between the two.

Reactions: trojansoilers

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
TVA!

Really think this is what's going to catapult the MCU back in the right direction. My hope is this movie will be what ultimately allows the MCU to remove the training wheels and go full force into the R rating going forward. It's time.

Reactions: beowulf

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
TVA recruits Wade to fix something in the multi-verse ... intruiging.

- where in the timeline is this? Post-Loki? Is Kang running the TVA, or is it still the Timekeepers? I assume it has to do with how the TVA manages the multi-verse after Loki.

- I noticed Alioth attacked a TVA agent... so Deadpool makes his way to the Void. Lots of clips of the Fox Studios logo buried in the sand, I assume that's in the Void too.

Wonder if we see Ravona Renslayer in this.

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Last week I rewatched the original X-MEN trilogy and thought how ot would be cool to have Pyro return in Marvel movies

And who shows up in the trailer?

Too bad that never works for the lottery…….

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Throughout Hollywood's history, I don't think there's been a more perfectly cast role than Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool

If Black Panther 2 can get nominated for Best Picture, I don't see why Reynolds couldn't get nominated for Best Actor for playing Wade Wilson

Whether it's in the films, or just a 2-minute snippet for YouTube, he delivers every time he suits up

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not seeing it referenced anywhere...who is this?

1707745762238.png

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Not seeing it referenced anywhere...who is this?

View attachment 818340

Not sure exactly but it would be funny if that was Dr Doom from the 2005 Fantastic Four movie who has been stuck in the Void .. I get the sense that those older comic movies could occur in timelines which have been pruned which is why we haven’t seen them apart of the general MCU.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure exactly but it would be funny if that was Dr Doom from the 2005 Fantastic Four movie who has been stuck in the Void .. I get the sense that those older comic movies could occur in timelines which have been pruned which is why we haven’t seen them apart of the general MCU.
Looks like it is Doom, now which version I do not know

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad