Not open for further replies.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
So,
1. Pirri for a 6th.
2. McGinn for a conditional 3rd/2nd.
3. Maroon for Gernat and 4th.
4. Jackman and 7th for Tropp.

I approve. I'll happily take a gamble on Pirri. McGinn is an improvement over Maroon IMO. Also another 2M for the RFAs. Overall, at least on paper, looks like a good job by Murray.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
yeah, I didn't like how he trash talked the Ducks when he got traded, but hate seeing someone so upset like he is.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a player crying after being traded. He will get a good oppurtunity in New Jersey and at least he knows Palmieri.

For his sake I hope he gets his act together and does something with his career. He showed flashed of quality here and from what I read he did so in MTL as well. But too often he just seemed to float. He doesn't have enough talent to get by like that. He's gotta have the Cogs level of hustle. Hopefully this shocks him into rededicating himself.

Jack Bauer DAMNIT

Two Way Defenseman
Nov 11, 2015
Golden State
Anyone else think Barstool had one too many this morning and was a little too trigger happy? I'm all for McGinn and Pirri, but Maroon seems a little questionable at this point in time.

mytduxfan*

Don't care that Maroon is gone. He's been "meh" for a while now. McGinn is an upgrade, a significant one.

So what do the lines look like now?

Perron - Getzlaf - Pirri
McGinn - Rakell - Perry
Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
Horcoff - Thompson - Garbutt

Or does Cogs stay with Kesler and

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Anyone else think Barstool had one too many this morning and was a little too trigger happy? I'm all for McGinn and Pirri, but Maroon seems a little questionable at this point in time.

Not trigger happy. BM is not always focused on there here and now, but often what's going down in the future. He upgraded Maroon for a player on an expiring contract, did the same with Hagelin. Frees up cap space for RFAs and auditions for players we traded for. Hope we can sign Perron to a decent extension and we can see how McGinn does. If he fits in well, BM could get into discussions with him in the offseason.

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
Such a asinine decision to move Maroon right now. Are we so cheap that we can't pay the remaining salary he had left this year?

Ducks feel McGinn and Pirri are better players than Maroon, and if they need big body to replace Maroon, you have Ritchie, who you hope to further develop in SD for playoffs if needed.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Ducks feel McGinn and Pirri are better players than Maroon, and if they need big body to replace Maroon, you have Ritchie, who you hope to further develop in SD for playoffs if needed.

Pretty sure this had more to do with stewart taking maroons spot, hell be back eventually and then maroon really doesn't have a spot. Lets face it he didn't earn his spot on the team this year.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Got back from a terrible hockey game and saw everything going on. Too bad nothing came off Drouin, but him not moving at all might be a sign of a strong chance for us in the summer. If Murray told Yzerman no Vatanen given the importance on the roster now, I can see him reluctant to take a worse offer now.

I think everything has been said about the Pirri deal. Can't hurt to add a good shooter. If he develops chemistry on either of the two spots open, he turns into a good depth scoring addition. It's a cheap role of the dice.

I'll consider the rest McGinn for Maroon, which I like as well.

We'll see what the product on the ice will be, but I think Murray did a good job today.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Good news is, Magnus dropped the f-bomb during the kids club event. No way he's going to be captain of the club. :laugh:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Got back from a terrible hockey game and saw everything going on. Too bad nothing came off Drouin, but him not moving at all might be a sign of a strong chance for us in the summer. If Murray told Yzerman no Vatanen given the importance on the roster now, I can see him reluctant to take a worse offer now.

I think everything has been said about the Pirri deal. Can't hurt to add a good shooter. If he develops chemistry on either of the two spots open, he turns into a good depth scoring addition. It's a cheap role of the dice.

We'll see what the product on the ice will be, but I think Murray did a good job today.

If we could find a way to get drouin here in the off season that would be huge, I still worry about our forward core after kesler/getz/perry... drouin Ritchie rakell and silfvberg could be a solid core to take over with.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I think that's true. If we could package Vats with a 1st for RNH that would be my first choice. But I see that as a long shot. The next best deal would be for Bob to send Vats for Drouin and a 2nd, thereby recouping the one we threw away.

Oct 18, 2011
understand why maroon was traded, 1.5 doesn't seem like alot but that can go towards trying to sign other people. also i think personally he's a liability vs fast teams but he can still help a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad