GDT: Deadline Day 2016- It's Happening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
There were offers for Hamhuis, but like Bob McKenzie reported, it was unclear if Hamhuis waived to go to the team. He apparently didn't.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Your crazy bc Stepan isn't going to the 3rd line and Hayes isn;t gonna be the 4th line center lmao. Most likely E.Staal will be on the wings. I could deff see him taking the draws in the playoffs and then switching with one of Step or Brassard. How do you even have Fast/Lindberg on a line above Hayes? :shakehead

AV said he envisions Staal as a center.

Hayes is better suited as a Center.

Why is Stepan on the 3rd line a bad thing? Good teams have good players on their 3rd line. If Staal is playing center, one of Staal Brassard or Stepan would have to be on the 3rd line.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
Its certainly obvious GM's are working with the belief that the cap may not go up at all or very little. Plus with moves being made and a lot of ntc/nmc around the league I'm not surprised it was a dead day.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Your crazy bc Stepan isn't going to the 3rd line and Hayes isn;t gonna be the 4th line center lmao. Most likely E.Staal will be on the wings. I could deff see him taking the draws in the playoffs and then switching with one of Step or Brassard. How do you even have Fast/Lindberg on a line above Hayes? :shakehead

I mean, that is unreal center depth for sure... Why wouldn't it be worth a shot?

NO team in the east can match that center depth--none

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
How is Matteau rated today? Smith-Pelly would have been nice on our 4th. Or would the Habs asked for McDonagh? :D

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Why is Stepan on the 3rd line a bad thing? Good teams have good players on their 3rd line. If Staal is playing center, one of Staal Brassard or Stepan would have to be on the 3rd line.

It looks to me like they are trying to improve the bottom 6 defensively, especially with the crappier defense pairings like Staal-Boyle... Putting Stepan on the 3rd really helps mitigate that.

Glass needs to be the 13th forward though--there's no way around this

a tribe cq

That’s just like…your opinion man.
Jan 15, 2013
How is Matteau rated today? Smith-Pelly would have been nice on our 4th. Or would the Habs asked for McDonagh? :D

He hasn't done anything in the NHL, and seems to have been absurdly overrated.

The only thing he has on Pelly is size, surprisingly Matteau is 6'2, 220, which I had no idea about.

Talked to Devils fans who loved the pick at the time, now call him 'if he's lucky Zubrus-lite one day'

So theres that.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Not bad for a guy who AV thinks is worse than Tanner GlAss.

Incredible how he was mismanaged here. What did we get from him from winnipeg? The wrong klingberg.
I guess the devils dream of making playoffs is over lol

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
It looks to me like they are trying to improve the bottom 6 defensively, especially with the crappier defense pairings like Staal-Boyle... Putting Stepan on the 3rd really helps mitigate that.

And I'm not sure what's better.

Hayes at wing for 14 minutes (albeit with better players)

Or at center for 12 minutes

Rolling with
Miller-Staal-Nash
Kreider-Brassard-Zuc
Stalberg-Stepan-Lindberg
Moore-Hayes-Fast

Or some variation of this...

Gives us 4 lines that can score goals, something most teams don't have

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC

If thats the case why would the guy having the worst season of his career come in and automatically be the number one guy. If AV actually went that route then you can expect a lazy and discontent Kevin Hayes. IMO, I just highly doubt thats the route he goes.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY

I'd rather him not even be that, but yes.

If management has to step in, then they should.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
So we're left to believe that Brown guy (who will probably never play for the Rangers), was their depth guy they wanted to add? Doesn't sound right to me. Something probably fell through last minute

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
If thats the case why would the guy having the worst season of his career come in and automatically be the number one guy. If AV actually went that route then you can expect a lazy and discontent Kevin Hayes. IMO, I just highly doubt thats the route he goes.

Than put Brassards line as 1 and have Staal's line be two.

Regardless, Nash should play with Staal

Nothing else has worked for Nash in the past in the playoffs

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015

If Hayes is lazy at any point in the Stanley Cup Playoffs do you really want him as a Ranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad