GDT: Deadline Day 2016- It's Happening!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Last edited:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Gonna be really interesting to see if Drouin or Yakupov get moved today.

If Yak's value really is in the tank, I'd see what Edmonton would want for him. I do not want to trade McIlrath for him.

iamthewalrus

Aug 1, 2010
Connecticut
Unless they try going hard for Drouin or Yak, I think we're done for the year. Not the strongest team we've taken to the playoffs, but definitely not the weakest. Probably in the minority, but I loved the Staal trade.

BarbaraAlphanse

Gorton is a hero if:

He trades Boyle. Gets Yakupov on the cheap.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

If Yak's value really is in the tank, I'd see what Edmonton would want for him. I do not want to trade McIlrath for him.

Unless its an absolute steal I don't want to trade for Yak. He inches closer every day to bust territory.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Yak can't fit under the cap.

I wouldn't want him or especially Drouin anyway.

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
Unless its an absolute steal I don't want to trade for Yak. He inches closer every day to bust territory.

Not to mention that this team isn't suited to take on reclamation projects in the midst of making a cup run. Yak needs some serious development on the defensive side of the puck and this team can't afford to do that as currently constructed.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wonder how hard Gorton will push for Pirri today. We've been connected to him a lot lately.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Wonder how hard Gorton will push for Pirri today. We've been connected to him a lot lately.

If it is after we acquire a defenseman... by all means.

What would you all think about bringing Matt Hunwick back? He was criminally underrated while he was hear, I think his fancy stats were pretty good and he could slot in nicely on the bottom pair. Haven't seen much of him in Toronto though. He could be a trainwreck now for all I know.

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
Strictly for cap reasons I assume it is highly unlikely we make anything more than a low priced depth move today. Is that a safe assumption?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Strictly for cap reasons I assume it is highly unlikely we make anything more than a low priced depth move today. Is that a safe assumption?

I thought the same thing last year and then Sather gets Arizona to retain 50% on one of the top 3 PMD's in the NHL (well, technically the night before instead of deadline day).

I think it is a good assumption but if the right deal is there that just puts us over the top, Gorton will pull the trigger.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If I had to choose between the two I would prefer Yak for one reason... He will be much cheaper to obtain and if he doesn't turn it around than we haven't wasted much.

I'd take him over Drouin because I have less concerns about his attitude.

I don't think either guy ends up amounting to much, but if one of them were to turn it around I'd put my $ on Yakupov.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

Sure is but stranger things have happened . A glass deal is preferred but highly unlikely

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania

What would you all think about bringing Matt Hunwick back? He was criminally underrated while he was hear, I think his fancy stats were pretty good and he could slot in nicely on the bottom pair. Haven't seen much of him in Toronto though. He could be a trainwreck now for all I know.

I'd be all for it. I thought he played well for us as well.

ChrisKreider20

But y u mad?
Jul 21, 2004
Toronto
Am I the only one who wants to see

Kreider-Staal-Nash

That line would be pretty difficult to knock off the puck...at least on paper.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

I liked Hunwick when he was here - problem is he has another year on his contract - can we shoehorn an extra 1.2M into the budget next year?

BarbaraAlphanse

Am I the only one who wants to see

Kreider-Staal-Nash

That line would be pretty difficult to knock off the puck...at least on paper.

Beacon was proposing this line yesterday. So... That makes 2 of you guys now. :D

BarbaraAlphanse

Hunwick is a good depth option, but I doubt AV would play him over anyone willingly.

I doubt if we got Yakupov, McGinn, Pirri, Riley Nash, etc. that any of them would play over glass.

Dr. Ogrodnick

Jan 10, 2007

I think the Rangers still have enough caproom to add a player making 3 or 4 million pro rated. So they certainly can make more moves, especially if they are moving a roster piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad