Speculation: DEADLINE DALLAS: Dream Defenseman Destination? Discuss.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I hope The Athletic has the touch

xBXWdAc.jpeg

One exciting thing at a time pls

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I mean that would be the return I would've expected for Calgary if there was no bidding war at all surrounding Tanev :dunno:

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What Nill also needs here is an honest answer from DeBoer about who plays if Tanev/Walker gets acquired. Who gets scratched? Is it Hakanpaa or Lundkvist? If Lundkvist, Nill should just go ahead and throw him in any trade.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
What Nill also needs here is an honest answer from DeBoer about who plays if Tanev/Walker gets acquired. Who gets scratched? Is it Hakanpaa or Lundkvist? If Lundkvist, Nill should just go ahead and throw him in any trade.
If a defenseman is added Lundkvist will be traded or eat scratch’s. Too much Suter love to scratch him and I know the Nils fan club will not like this comment but he is too small and plays smaller for the playoffs. DeBoer will pick Hakanpaa every time over lundkvist. Jani at least play defense and hits people. Nils’ offense does not make up for his poor defense. He is a very poor man’s Tyson Barrie…without the offensive output.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Is this stupid or good, realistic or no?

Offers
Dellandrea + 2nd for Tanev (50% ret)
Bichsel, Faksa, + 1st for Hanafin (50% ret)

Robertson - Hintz - Stankoven
Marchment - Duchene - Seguin
Benn - Johnston - Pavelski
Steel - Bourque - Dadonov
Smith/Blumel

Harley - Heiskanen
Hanafin - Tanev
Lindell - Hakanpaa
Suter/Lundkvist (might need to be added to trade)

Oettinger
Wedgewood

Last edited:

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Is this stupid or good, realistic or no?

Offers
Dellandrea + 2nd for Tanev (50% ret)
Bichsel, Faksa, + 1st for Hanafin (50% ret)

Robertson - Hintz - Stankoven
Marchment - Duchene - Seguin
Benn - Johnston - Bourque
Steel - Smith - Dadonov
Blumel

Harley - Heiskanen
Hanafin - Tanev
Lindell - Hakanpaa
Suter/Hanley

Oettinger
Wedgewood
I like it. Not sure how realistic it is.. I’ll tell you one thing that ISN’T realistic- Suter being scratched lol

Reactions: Troy McClure

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Depth.

Also make the playoffs != truly chase for a cup
Making the playoffs is absolutely a true chase for the Cup in the NHL. I hate when people throw around that a team isn't a true contender. This is the freaking parity insanity NHL.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
If Harley is going to be playing with Miro do y’all think the Stars should be going after a more offensive defenseman to play with Lindell. I still would rather a defenseman to play with Miro but that may have to wait.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
If Harley is going to be playing with Miro do y’all think the Stars should be going after a more offensive defenseman to play with Lindell. I still would rather a defenseman to play with Miro but that may have to wait.
Hanifin it is.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I still think it needs to be a RHD or someone who is comfortable on the right but yes a more offensive one. I don’t want to break up Heiskanen and Harley. They are amazing together. But Suter needs someone who can carry him. Doubt DeBoer will break up Lindell and Hakanpaa.

BigTomBomber

Nov 17, 2017
. But Suter needs someone who can carry him.

Thats just not true. He can’t solely carry somebody in a top 4 position (partnered with Lindell or Miro is fine if in top 4) but he doesnt need a good or great partner if he’s in a 2B / 3rd pairing situation.

The Suter under-appreciation is at ridiculous levels now

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Thats just not true. He can’t solely carry somebody in a top 4 position (partnered with Lindell or Miro is fine if in top 4) but he doesnt need a good or great partner if he’s in a 2B / 3rd pairing situation.

Suter ideally would be a healthy scratch. He had a good game yesterday, but those are once a year things, not regular occurrence.
He's the weakest regular defensemen on this team and it's seen game in and game out

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I just want a hard working, strong defender. Because Miros weak effort and low power stick swings are pissing me the f*** off.

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008

Suter having his one good game every few months doesn't change that the fact that he sucks. He should be the #6 dman playing like 12-14 minutes a night.

Hakanpaa, Suter, and Nils should be the worst dman on a cup contender. Sadly we have three of them. Dallas in a perfect world needs two dman. The problem is Suter and Hakanpaa are never getting scratched. So the only way to get two new dmen in the lineup are to trade away Hakanpaa and Nils. I don't like giving up on Nils but PDB doesn't trust him so if Dallas acquires even one dman without trading any then we won't see Nils again this year.

Harley-Miro
Lindell-trade
Suter-trade
Hanley

Dellandrea, Faksa, Nils, Hakanpaa, picks, Bichsel, and Daddy would be my trade bait. I only list Hakanpaa and not Suter because we know that isn't happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad