Speculation: DEADLINE DALLAS: Dream Defenseman Destination? Discuss.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I may or may not have been a RH PKing defender when I played in the highly prestigious HISHL (Houston HS League)

Where do I sign? Someone get me on the phone with Jimmy

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Let's compile a list of all RHD possibly linked to being available real or imagined:

Sean Walker *
Matt Roy *
Brett Pesce *
Rasmus Andersson
Adam Larsson
David Savard
Nick Jensen
Andrew Peeke
Adam Boqvist

Chris Tanev
Tyson Barrie
He Who Will Not Be Named from Arizona
LT

* = player on a team currently in playoff position
bold = player with term

Help me out if I'm missing someone

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Let's compile a list of all RHD possibly linked to being available real or imagined:

Sean Walker *
Matt Roy *
Brett Pesce *
Rasmus Andersson
Adam Larsson
David Savard
Nick Jensen
Andrew Peeke
Adam Boqvist

Chris Tanev
Tyson Barrie
LT

bold = player with term

Ilya Lyubushkin

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

Sean Walker *
Matt Roy *
Brett Pesce *
Rasmus Andersson
Adam Larsson
David Savard
Nick Jensen
Andrew Peeke
Adam Boqvist

Chris Tanev
Tyson Barrie
LT

bold = player with term

A nice start in some real research. It would be helpful if someone who knows adds what level and type of D they are, i.e., 1,2, or 3 pair, L vs R, Shutdown vs Puck carrier.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Adam Larsson is the dream for me.

Haven't watched Seattle much this year but he was awesome for them in the playoffs last year. $4.0mil + another year means he's going to cost a bit, but could be so worth it.

I'll settle for Tanev though.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
A nice start in some real research. It would be helpful if someone who knows adds what level and type of D they are, i.e., 1,2, or 3 pair, L vs R, Shutdown vs Puck carrier.
Alright, here's the list again but sorted into tiers based on my own personal opinion

Legit top pair on a contender
Matt Roy

2nd pair
Sean Walker
Rasmus Andersson
Adam Larsson
Chris Tanev

3rd pair
Brett Pesce
David Savard
Nick Jensen

Fringe
Ilya Lyubushkin
Andrew Peeke
Adam Boqvist
Tyson Barrie

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Adam Larsson is the dream for me.

Haven't watched Seattle much this year but he was awesome for them in the playoffs last year. $4.0mil + another year means he's going to cost a bit, but could be so worth it.

I'll settle for Tanev though.

Seattle has been very hot the last couple months. I honestly would be surprised to see them miss the playoffs with their current play. Can't see Larsson going anywhere, as badly as I would love for it to happen.

Reactions: Henderson33

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Alright, here's the list again but sorted into tiers based on my own personal opinion

Matt Roy

2nd pair
Sean Walker
Rasmus Andersson
Adam Larsson
Chris Tanev

3rd pair
Brett Pesce
David Savard
Nick Jensen

Fringe
Ilya Lyubushkin
Andrew Peeke
Adam Boqvist
Tyson Barrie

I'd probably put Roy in tier 2 and Andersson/Larsson in tier 1, but the rest I totally agree with.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The lack of Matt Roy respect is nuts. I'm worried Larsson is like Jeff Petry: a defensemen who deserved more respect in his prime, but is finally being valued now that his value is declining.

Only player I don't see listed that I think is worth consideration (term notwithstanding) is Radko Gudas.
Absolutely, I just didn't put him because I don't believe he is available. Anaheim loves him.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Matt Roy

2nd pair
Sean Walker
Rasmus Andersson
Adam Larsson
Chris Tanev

3rd pair
Brett Pesce
David Savard
Nick Jensen

Fringe
Ilya Lyubushkin
Andrew Peeke
Adam Boqvist
Tyson Barrie
Andersson is the best player in this list,

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Was digging into the numbers and I’m a little concerned with what we’ll have to give up in the market this year. If you’re not moving Bourque, Bichsel, or Stank, unless I’m missing something the rest of the pool rests somewhere between meh and dogshit. You’re not gonna get much for any of them barring adding a high pick or an nhl option like Delly or Nils.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Was digging into the numbers and I’m a little concerned with what we’ll have to give up in the market this year. If you’re not moving Bourque, Bichsel, or Stank, unless I’m missing something the rest of the pool rests somewhere between meh and dogshit. You’re not gonna get much for any of them barring adding a high pick or an nhl option like Delly or Nils.
I'd have no issue trading Bichsel for Andersson or Hanafin(Provided he comes with ext), Especially Andersson with him being a right shot guy.
Top pairing capable Right hander, that's only 27, would be a great add for this team.
Ideally you're trying to make it happen around Nils instead, but the only prospect I would 100% rule out moving is Stankoven.

Based on Nill's Deadline history, he'll stick to his timid approach, so we're probably going to get a #5, who can masquerade as a #4, but shouldn't really be playing that role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad