Speculation: DEADLINE DALLAS: Dream Defenseman Destination? Discuss.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Is Andersson actually available? Or just speculation? I'd imagine Calgary will move Tanev and Hanafin this year and then Andersson next year. Unless, they go full Chicago and trade everyone

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Sounds like if you offer a first you can have Tanev. No one wants to pony up the first for him. I don’t want Hanifin. He is a lefty and not worth the price for a rental.

I threw out Andersson on the main board when someone said they wanted Bicshel+ for Hanifin as a rental. I was quickly laughed at and they said it starts with Stankoven and add from there. So I doubt Andersson will happen cause he will cost more than most of want to pay. He would solve a ton of issues however.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Sounds like if you offer a first you can have Tanev. No one wants to pony up the first for him. I don’t want Hanifin. He is a lefty and not worth the price for a rental.

I threw out Andersson on the main board when someone said they wanted Bicshel+ for Hanifin as a rental. I was quickly laughed at and they said it starts with Stankoven and add from there. So I doubt Andersson will happen cause he will cost more than most of want to pay. He would solve a ton of issues however.
Meh, can't go off the main board rarely do those values actually reflect what the player gets when they're actually traded.
Look back at when karlsson was traded, if ott fans had their way they were getting Heiskanen +. They got a bunch of garbage and an unprotected 1st that ended up being a top 3 pick but that was unexpected at the time.

In the scenario where Calgary is trading Andersson, i doubt they ask for Stankoven, they'd be dumb not to target Bicheel. Especially with their current forward prospect group and signed core

Last edited:
Reactions: eartotheground

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Meh, can't go off the main board rarely do those values actually reflect what the player gets when they're actually traded.
Look back at when karlsson was traded, if ott fans had their way they were getting Heiskanen +. They got a bunch of garbage and an unprotected 1st that ended up being a top 3 pick but that was unexpected at the time.

In the scenario where Calgary is trading Andersson, i doubt they ask for Stankoven, they'd be dumb not to target Bicheel. Especially with their current forward prospect group and signed core
Wait you mean to tell me hfboards doesn't have a direct line to every from office

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

True fans don’t know everything. But I don’t think bicshel has enough as a main piece to pull Andersson. Unless there is a ton of adds. Stankoven is clear no.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I don't want to be debby downer but do we think Andersson is enough to make Dallas the favorite in the West? Cause I got to tell you despite their overall GF/60 shaky Jake and the bloated corpses of Benn plus Pavs and non-existent Roberton/Hintz make me doubt this overall roster. Perhaps if Stank/Bourque come up PTD and show they belong this team would be legit but I'm not sure it's worth moving Bish or Nils cause I think Dallas is a better overall team next season than this one.

Am I alone on this island?

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
I don't want to be debby downer but do we think Andersson is enough to make Dallas the favorite in the West? Cause I got to tell you despite their overall GF/60 shaky Jake and the bloated corpses of Benn plus Pavs and non-existent Roberton/Hintz make me doubt this overall roster. Perhaps if Stank/Bourque come up PTD and show they belong this team would be legit but I'm not sure it's worth moving Bish or Nils cause I think Dallas is a better overall team next season than this one.

It's called "hope"

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Adding a top pair d-man like Andersson would absolutely make us the favorite.
Even still he's not a rental you'd have him next year too

Benn isn't someone the team is relying on, he could get injured for the rest of the year tomorrow and it would make no difference, the same could be said for all but 1 of his last 6yrs.

Pavs declining was too be expected too. They've been doing 1yr deals for a reason.

Neither regressing hurts the team much, because you're not actually relying on them to carry production.
What hurts the team is Oetter being inconsistent and poor play from our dcore.

Plopping Andersson into the #2 role moves everyone down into a spot they're better suited for.

As far as the West is concerned, almost every team has a major weakness

The avs are a team being carried by 3 players. With poor Goaltending
The oilers by 2 players, with questionable goaltending too
Vegas is dealing with injuries again.

You basically have the Nucks(imo I wouldn't count on them doing much in the PO) and Vegas if they get healthy and they have to go through each other.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

You're probably not alone, but we're the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. Only Vancouver has scored more, by one, and difference between 2nd and 3rd is 14 goals.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I think you're setting expectations way too high for individual performances.

I don't see how next season is better. When Duchene leaves, Seguin and Marchment are going to decline. Pavelski might retire, and even with him dropping off, he's still produced a good amount of offense. Benn and Suter will be a year older and still every day players.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB

You're either being a Debby Downer or you are overthinking it.

Should we add at the deadline to go for a cup? Look at the standings. Simple as that IMO.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Benn is already not an every day impact player. He gets sheltered 5v5 minutes and some special teams time.

This is probably the Stars' last real opportunity to chase a cup for the next 5-10 years w.o a massive youth movement across the lineup.

The success from the past few years is catching up to them organizationally. I think Nill realizes this, and which is why he hasn't gone rental hunting yet.

If Nill wants to stave off the inevitable he really does need a team willing to take jersey sales for a young guy off a team with no 5 year future.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Benn is already not an every day impact player. He gets sheltered 5v5 minutes and some special teams time.

This is probably the Stars' last real opportunity to chase a cup for the next 5-10 years w.o a massive youth movement across the lineup.

The success from the past few years is catching up to them organizationally. I think Nill realizes this, and which is why he hasn't gone rental hunting yet.

If Nill wants to stave off the inevitable he really does need a team willing to take jersey sales for a young guy off a team with no 5 year future.
They are set up for a big youth movement though.

Reactions: Dallasman

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Roope Hintz 27
Jason Robertson 24
Wyatt Johnston 20
Logan Stankoven 20
Miro Heiskanen 24
Thomas Harley 22
Jake Oettinger 25

All returning next year. What's stopping that core from making the playoffs?

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Roope Hintz 27
Jason Robertson 24
Wyatt Johnston 20
Logan Stankoven 20
Miro Heiskanen 24
Thomas Harley 22
Jake Oettinger 25

All returning next year. What's stopping that core from making the playoffs?

Depth.

Also make the playoffs != truly chase for a cup

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Depth.

Also make the playoffs != truly chase for a cup
I'd agree that just making the PO doesn't necessary mean they're a team capable of winning a cup, but it's not like there's any real solid top to bottom teams in any conference.

You have Vegas in the west, who is having health issues, and maybe the nucks if you actually believe in them, i don't.

Edmonton is 2-3 players and a bunch of garbage, Colorado is 4 players and a bunch of garbage.
Both with questionable goaltending

LA, Minn, St. L, Nash, Cgy, Sea are all meh.
Win is coached by Bowness.

It's not like there's some juggernaut in the west.
Just getting to the PO is sufficient.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I think duchene resigns. Pavelski is probably gone and that money can go towards duchene. You also have two really talented kids knocking on the door with one showing up tonight.

Reactions: Dallasman

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
The NHL isn't a fairy tale? shit man tell Gary Buttman.

I dunno, losing any more of Benn will hurt, but if the money is there to hide him at the bottom of the lineup then great.

If Borkoven and whatever else they add to the lineup can maintain the strong, consistent 5v5 play, then maybe they can keep being consistent.

But I don't think most teams maintain such stability for very long without some HOF tier lynch pins.

CoughCrosbycough
CoughBergeroncough

Last edited:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I hope The Athletic has the touch

xBXWdAc.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: LT, piqued and Zapp

Ad

Upcoming events