GDT: DEADLINE DAAYYYYYYYY

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I think they were feeling really f***ing good about themselves they just:

-Went through a deadline where their organization doubled down, not trading any players from the team and only adding to it
-Beat 2 of the top teams in the league back to back

They got embarrassed in front of what was essentially a home crowd. The devils have an explosive offense and they showed that on any given night, if you get comfortable and let up even 5 percent, you will get absolutely buried in the NHL.

I hope they are feeling ashamed of themselves for how they played last night. This is the time of the season where asses need to get in gear. I'll be very curious to see who rises up leads this team to get back on the right track. My gut is that it will be Kreider and Trouba with a splash of Mika.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Everyone that mentions the win total isnt watching whats happening on the ice. If our goalies were average all year we'd be outside of the playoff bubble. There was very little difference between this game and the Carolina one, the only difference was we won because our goalie stood on his head, we've had a lot of those types of games this year. Expecting Shesterkin to do this for 16 wins in playoffs is asking way too much.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Our top 6 forwards are simply too easy to play against....soft as used Charming Ultra- Panarin and Kreider PrettyBoySoft and lazy ass StupidSoft Strome and Mika Medium Rare Soft and the two kids scared to make a mistake kind of soft in KK and Laf . In a tough game.....simply soft ...almost moist like .

Somebody has to go next season to change the mix .

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Everyone that mentions the win total isnt watching whats happening on the ice. If our goalies were average all year we'd be outside of the playoff bubble. There was very little difference between this game and the Carolina one, the only difference was we won because our goalie stood on his head, we've had a lot of those types of games this year. Expecting Shesterkin to do this for 16 wins in playoffs is asking way too much.

The team isn't close to being a real contender. The goalie is.

After that, the team has some star power but lacks enough to be a real contender.

However, on top of that, the coaching/player development has something wrong with it too. It's not a coincidence that all our kids don't develop and all our stars look flat footed at 5v5.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Yes it is nonsense. You're drawing a conclusion off of manipulated data. The Lightning also got Blake Coleman the same week they got Goodrow but that doesn't count? Ok sure

The majority of deadline deals take place on deadline day not the week before.

Do you have reason to believe the data is significantly different for the week leading up to the deadline?

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
It means true contenders go out and get their needs before deadline day.

It only means that if there is data to suggest the week or month before the deadline deals have a larger success rate, which I doubt, and again since the majority of deadline deals happen on deadline day, is still a damning indictment.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Georgiev outside of last game has been one of the worst goalies in the NHL and we're .500 with him starting. The Blue Jackets are a 9 seed and are 3 games above .500. We'd be in Washington's spot if we had a good not great starting goalie. This myth that they'd be outside the playoffs needs to die.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The NHL does not register the lists. It's not their responsibility, it's the team's.
Central registry does. They have to know this stuff at the time of trades even if they dont keep a central database on everyone. They have to be aware of clauses and such when the approve and process trades.

Last edited:

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Trade for him, offer him for future considerations at the draft, no takers buy him out.

666,667 buyout cost next season
2,166,667 buyout cost the following season

If Vegas truly is in a bind, get the second they offered Anaheim and the third we gave them for Reaves back.

Reactions: egelband

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Trade for him, offer him for future considerations at the draft, no takers buy him out.

666,667 buyout cost next season
2,166,667 buyout cost the following season

If Vegas truly is in a bind, get the second they offered Anaheim and the third we gave them for Reaves back.
Trade for a player who will be ineligible for the remainder of the season and playoffs?

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Trade for a player who will be ineligible for the remainder of the season and playoffs?

To not give anything up and get picks back, yes. I imagine that’s what a bottom feeder like Seattle or Arizona is about to do.

The Devils should do it as well.

Reactions: Kane One

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
No one is EXPECTING a cup. SO no, we're not expecting Shesterkin to win 16 games. Maybe ten or so. Amd he won't have to steal 10. Maybe 4-5. They'll win a handful scoring enough anyway.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
It'd be so we get an asset back, who cares if he can play or not. I wouldn't do it because there's a possibility we'd be stuck with him next season
If I understand it correctly, the problem for Vegas is that not only do they need to shed Dadanov's cap hit, they also needed the LTIR contracts of Kesler and Moore in order to be able to activate both Martinez and Stone.

Reactions: 17futurecap

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
If I understand it correctly, the problem for Vegas is that not only do they need to shed Dadanov's cap hit, they also needed the LTIR contracts of Kesler and Moore in order to be able to activate both Martinez and Stone.
Ah that makes sense. They can still trade for those contracts though I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad