GDT: DEADLINE DAAYYYYYYYY

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Goodrow was one of the top minute eaters for Tampa on way to winning a Cup. So that’s nonsense. He’s going to play in the top 9. As he should.

And Reaves isn’t coming out of the lineup you have watched gallant all year his loyalty. You aren’t being realistic

Like I said if you want to improve the top 9 you have to MAKE a hole. So imo it’s going to be a significant shake up or nothing at all today for the forward group
Who cares what Goodrow did for Tampa. Different linemates, different circumstances. The Rangers need help at forward and if it pushes Goodrow down and Reaves out of the lineup that is only a good thing.

Reactions: RagFinMet

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Final predictions:

Kulak for a 2023 6th and Lindbolm

Cogliano and a 7th for a 5th

We facilitate a West trade for a 3rd

Last edited:
Reactions: mas0764

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Garland would definitely be our best RW but I don't wanna f*** around with Kakko and I think Lafreniere is finally settling into RW for now.

I also don't know if I see us taking Vatrano off the Panarin line.

That leaves Garland-Chytil-Kakko which I think is exactly what that line needs.

• Love
Reactions: Captain Lindy

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Who cares what Goodrow did for Tampa. Different linemates, different circumstances. The Rangers need help at forward and if it pushes Goodrow down and Reaves out of the lineup that is only a good thing.

Okayyyyyy let’s play this game. Are you watching what he’s doing for us? He’s having a career year. He’s absolutely a top 9 player.

You are playing video game hockey in your head instead of what reality is. You have watched gallant and how he uses his guys. You think he’s going to press box Reaves? NOW? That’s an absurd comment my man

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Trade bait: Chytil, Lundkvist, Kravtsov, Georgiev, Gauthier, Hajek and our first rounder.

Going forward and into the playoffs:

Krieder-Zibanejad-Lafreniere
Panarin-Strome-???
Kakko-Goodrow-Vatrano
Hunt-Rooney-Reaves

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth (meh. Really should be Jones.)-Schneider

Igor
???

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Okayyyyyy let’s play this game. Are you watching what he’s doing for us? He’s having a career year. He’s absolutely a top 9 player.

You are playing video game hockey in your head instead of what reality is. You have watched gallant and how he uses his guys. You think he’s going to press box Reaves? NOW? That’s an absurd comment my man
He's having the highest on-ice SH% in his career is what he is having. His underlying numbers stink and are not where they were with Tampa or even SJ. How is it video game hockey when Gallant was playing the guy on the 4th line earlier in the season? Please explain that. I'm skeptical that Gallant will sit Reaves I will grant you that but the point is if we acquire someone like Garland and that is what ends up happening then that is a good thing.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Prediction for today:

Out: Chytil, Gauthier, Georgiev, Nils, Nemeth, Krav, First, Third
In: Garland, Copp, De Haan, Halak
iu

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

He's absolutely a top 9 player and if we push him to the 4th line for a run that is, again, a good thing.

Reaves was just scratched a couple of games ago, though I do agree Gallant likes him and he's going to get time.

In that case, Goodrow can be 4C. Rooney is hurt for who knows how long and has sucked this year anyway.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd prefer and hope we're getting JTM, Gourde or Larkin types with term and retention... There's a lot more value in that moving forward

Reactions: Kovalev27

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I cannot picture Goodrow playing 4th line mins come playoff time. That is not what he was brought here for guys. Nor should it be.

Kakko Laf or Chytil will be on the fourth line way before Goodrow come playoff time. Mark my words. That’s just reality.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island

Gallant also healthy scratches Reaves like 3 games ago. Coming into the year I figured Reaves would play every game. He always has. But if they add players to push him down I don't think it's impossible. Will he play Game 1 of the playoffs? Almost certainly. But if they lose and are down in the series I can definitely see him coming out.

Goodrow isn't having a career year either. HE's scoring 1.36 pts/60. That's right in line with what he's always done. And this time he's doing it with a high sh%. He just has a few empty net points propping it up.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I cannot picture Goodrow playing 4th line mins come playoff time. That is not what he was brought here for guys. Nor should it be.

Kakko Laf or Chytil will be on the fourth line way before Goodrow come playoff time. Mark my words. That’s just reality.
Does it matter what 'line' he's on. Our 3rd and 4th are interchangeable to Gallant. He plays the 4th more than the 3rd anyway

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
If our biggest post deadline addition is Kakko I think we'll have done alright. De Haan would be a good in a vacuum but DeHaan-Nemeth would be a brutal and inevitable pair.

Reactions: mas0764

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad