Deadline buyers and sellers

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
upload_2020-1-7_13-3-43.png

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
with half of the league playing tomorrow night, what do teams do with players who might be moved Friday? There will be 5 teams on the road.
Eg; Missy on the Road NB thursday, Soo Friday, Sud sunday. Offer is accepted for Harley on Friday before the deadline.
Would a team bring him north, play Thursday, drive to the soo, get traded and sent from there to new team or do you leave them at home and not dressed Thursday?

Deadline should always be on a Wednesday.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
with half of the league playing tomorrow night, what do teams do with players who might be moved Friday? There will be 5 teams on the road.
Eg; Missy on the Road NB thursday, Soo Friday, Sud sunday. Offer is accepted for Harley on Friday before the deadline.
Would a team bring him north, play Thursday, drive to the soo, get traded and sent from there to new team or do you leave them at home and not dressed Thursday?

Deadline should always be on a Wednesday.

A Monday would be better due to teams rarely ever play Monday I'd say close to a quarter of the league plays Wednesday. Very few play Monday in this league unless it's a rescheduled game.

Reactions: three dog night

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
A Monday would be better due to teams rarely ever play Monday I'd say close to a quarter of the league plays Wednesday. Very few play Monday in this league unless it's a rescheduled game.
Monday is too close to the weekend though.
I like the Wednesday idea. Im sure that the league could make sure that no games are scheduled on that Wednesday.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Should be a day or two after the WJC ends. Teams know what’s up by then and which direction they’re going. They’ve already been talking and know what offers are on the table. It would put the deadline on a Monday or Tuesday which looks right to me.

Reactions: BarberPole9

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
The East in an absolute arms race right now
Agreed, not quite what I expected but we will see where the next chip falls. Tomorrow should get interesting. I think Moncada may be a big deal that goes underrated to a team in the coming days too

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Which team is most likely to trade for import D-man Martin Has who just joined North Bay for a few shifts tonight. After his performance and the WJHC for the Czechs where does he go? Clearly the Troops aren't a place to improve at his level.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Just off the phone with Akil Thomas. He has agreed to waive his no trade clause and will be joining the Peterborough Pete's. Could be in the Petes lineup this weekend.

:huh:

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Which team is most likely to trade for import D-man Martin Has who just joined North Bay for a few shifts tonight. After his performance and the WJHC for the Czechs where does he go? Clearly the Troops aren't a place to improve at his level.
He was a first round pick in the import draft this year so he can’t be traded until next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad