Deadline buyers and sellers

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Josling or McGregor probably coming your way

Lots of things can happen between now and the Jan 10th dead-line, deals that could happen falling through on the returns, players having NTC's, offers that managers won't take etc.

The truth is until the first chess piece has been moved in the league and whoever moves it will set the price-point on returns.

Any speculations on guys being moved from city A to city B is solely based upon statistical data that's driven by media-hype and standings at the moment. Yes it would be obvious to say that teams that are seeded in the bottom half the standings will sell off this season for the future especially those teams in the eastern conference that are in those 10, 9, 8 seeds. But let's be truthfully honest there are too many teams that are all in the same situation this year too close to play big on the deal front yet but still talented enough unless your name is the Ottawa 67's who are clearly the front-runners in the league standings with +3 point gap on the Peterborough Petes and a 6 point gap on the Spitfires in the league that unless they bolster their already talented lineups will see everyone else juggling their teams to challange teams like Ottawa and Windsor coming down the stretch.

stickhandle

Jul 4, 2007
Surprised there isnt more talk about Chenier well over a point a game on a team that struggles to score goals and the kid brings it, could play anywhere in the line up, would be a nice OA upgrade

Reactions: Uncle

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Surprised there isnt more talk about Chenier well over a point a game on a team that struggles to score goals and the kid brings it, could play anywhere in the line up, would be a nice OA upgrade

not much of need OA among potential buyers. I would think Phillips, Lodinia move; then maybe Josling, Gordeev, Nuemann, Hatcher, Chenier, McGreggor

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Interesting...would have thought goaltending and D would be the first priority.

Just speculation. It seems inevitable that the Sting are going to unload some older players. McGregor would be a valuable addition; playoff type player

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Interesting...would have thought goaltending and D would be the first priority.

Josling or McGregor, bad news for Bulitka, but I don't believe in that he was on waivers. However, last two games he played very well, maybe with the rumours put fire to his game.

HockeyHell

Jul 11, 2017
Josling or McGregor, bad news for Bulitka, but I don't believe in that he was on waivers. However, last two games he played very well, maybe with the rumours put fire to his game.
I have it on a very reliable source that recallable waivers rumour true. Yes either of those players would be upgrade but if they dont address the glaring need on the backend, it is cosmetic at best.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I have it on a very reliable source that recallable waivers rumour true. Yes either of those players would be upgrade but if they dont address the glaring need on the backend, it is cosmetic at best.

Putting near pt/g Bulitka on recallable waivers appears surprising, but it is the safe play in case the wolves can upgrade at OA and are unable to move one.
I would make an OA swap with Sarnia that’s different than Cub suggested. Bulitka & Carson & ok picks for Josling & Hatcher. I don’t like the idea of Kooy at all really, not much of an upgrade if any, and then stuck with two OA G end of season.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
With talk about the "recallable waivers" I just wanted to remind everyone why the OA trade deadline is Thursday at noon instead of being noon Friday like all the other players. Teams must be at 3 OA's by Friday so teams that may trade for an OA on Thursday and be put in a position to have to release an OA on Thursday. The recallable waivers date last week is to put other teams on notice that a player may be waived on this coming Thursday. Teams may have interest in that particular OA and can sign them off of waivers up until Friday if they have room for another OA. This was put in place after a number of OA's and agents expressed the need for an of opportunity for the released OA's to have a short window to find another place to play. Does not mean that OA will land somewhere but they do have at least an opportunity to try.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Sounds like Owen Sound won't be in the mix of the bidding war at the dead-line. Although not surprised due to last seasons sell-off at least that's the message received in a recent newspaper article where Attack brass was asked about what to expect as they near the deadline.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
cricket.PNG

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
When is the last time it has been this quiet leading up to the OHLtrade deadline? 3 trades have happened since the start of December, with the last happening on Dec.15. I certainly don’t recall it ever being this quiet.

On another note, I find the different situations between the conferences to be fascinating. In the east Ottawa and Peterborough are the clear 2 expected to build up and make a run. While someone might come out as a seller (Niagara), most will likely make adjustments (Oshawa & Hamilton) without being big buyers or sellers. In the west, there is much more parity that it will likely take 1 or 2 teams to blink before some other teams decide which way they want to go in the trade market. Overall, the OHL market and the number of teams that at in different planning positions is very different than most years.

Reactions: LondonLarry

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Be interesting to see how the next deal plays out and who moves pieces around.

Eastern conference/Western conference?? Now that the first deal has opened the trade market for the 2020 season. Will we see a top ranked team be the next player in deals or will it be a team who tweaks their lineup in the middle of the pack to close the gap on a top team.

Let the next deal play out.

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
With 2 trades so far, it looks like Eastern Conference teams may be more inclined to move players than WC teams. Only 4 teams in East are over .500 winning percentage versus most of West teams likely considering playoff run. Next few days will be interesting to see what teams load up and others decide to back off or sell.

Reactions: dirty12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad