DD scoring for the OT Lou4Gehrig! 2-1 vs Flyers

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Great game from almost everyone really. It wasn't easy, the Flyers were really structured and well prepared for this meeting.

Some notes :

- Galchenyuk had an awesome third period.
- Thomas has been playing really well lately. His forecheck creates turnovers.
- Therrien sure loves DLR, the kid is getting some important responsabilities out there and he's responding well.
- Gilbert - Emelin is a terrible idea on paper but it's been working out the last few games.
- DD :laugh: He's been trolling 50% of this board lately.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
imo good pieces we can afford to lose short term if it means landing a big fish long term are:

Eller, Tinordi, de la Rose, Fucale.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
imo good pieces we can afford to lose short term if it means landing a big fish long term are:

Eller, Tinordi, de la Rose, Fucale.

agreed, we should offer both Eller and DLR for a sild top 6 player... so we can play with 2 C :nod:

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
saved the game TWICE

you'd have to watch the play closely to see he instinctively chose the RIGHT direction on the ice : helping on defense, which turned out to be an almost 2 on 0 for the flyers that he caught up to in time AND deflected the shot on the 2nd chance

no victory without that play by DLR

Is there a video online of this play?

Mynameismark*

NOT Tinordi ffs. I wanna see him and Mccarron up here one day.

Mynameismark*

As do I. He isn't scoring, but he's trying creative, bold plays that are paying off. He's not intimidated and I love it. He has a great work ethic. Could be a Gallagher-lite

And that's the thing. We dont need a Gallagher lite. We need some size and scoring.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
I am still hoping DD is traded at the deadline.

Galchenyuk is moved to first line center

Need a second line LW too... Jagr

We trade for a 3rd line LW... like Higgins

We need a number 1 RW and a 3rd pairing dman

Patches ---Galchenyuk------ 1st line RW
Jagr ------Pleky_____Sekac (Kladno Line)
Higgins____ Eller_____ Gallagher
Prust_____ DLR______Weise
Malhotra, Bournival

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Simple. You dont trade your superstars at the deadline. And you dont trade your scrubs since no one wants that for a playoff run either.

You have to look at offering value to get value in return. I will be the first to admit that DD will not bring much in return. Eller will. The Habs need help at Wing. If Bergevin is able to get a top 6 Right Wing and a Top 9 Left Wing, that frees up Chucky to return to Center.

Besides that, we are getting almost little to no production from our bottom two lines. The Habs are winning without Eller....sad as that may be, it is reality.

DLR may be forcing Bergevin in this direction. With that said, I would be extremely disappointed if DLR is on the trading block.

I think you are under-estimating the importance of Eller on this team. Saying he has no impact in the game or team success is quite untrue. Having Eller gives Plekanec less defensive duties. Even if he struggles offensively, he reminds a two way centers, that wins his share of face-offs and plays on the PK. Also, he brings the size that you said teams are looking for.. It's good for other teams but not us?

Last season, we had Vanek on the top line.. it still wasn't enough because our first line didn't generate enough offense. I bet if DD plays as our first center again, it won't change anything even if we bring a top 6 winger. We made it that far last season because our third line brought a big part of the offense.

Last year we had:

Pacioretty-DD-Vanek
Galchenyuk-Plek-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-Gio.

Let's say we trade Eller for a top 6 winger.

It will be:

Pacioretty-DD-New winger
Weise-Prust?DLR?-PAP

Are we really better? We traded our most productive forward last playoffs which happened to be our biggest center.. and our line-up still doesn't look better than last year's, so what's the point. We need an upgrade on the 1st center and a top 6 winger... not the third center that showed he can play a big part in a team success in the playoffs. When you want to build a SC team, you have to have the right piece of the puzzle at the right place. When you look at our line up, you see DD as our first center and Eller as our third... Which one is not at the right place?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think you are under-estimating the importance of Eller on this team. Saying he has absolutely no impact in the game is quite untrue. Having Eller gives Plekanec less defensive duties. Even if he struggles offensively, he reminds a two way centers, that wins his share of face-offs and plays on the PK. Also, he brings the size that you said teams are looking for.. It's good for other teams but not us?

Last season, we had Vanek on the top line.. it still wasn't enough because our first line didn't generate enough offense. I bet if DD plays as our first center again, it won't change anything even if we bring a top 6 winger. We made it that far last season because our third line brought a big part of the offense.

Last year we had:

Pacioretty-DD-Vanek
Bourque-Eller-Gio.

It will be:

Pacioretty-DD-New winger
Weise-Prust?DLR?-PAP

Are we really better? We traded our most productive forward last playoffs which happened to be our biggest center.. and our line-up still doesn't look better than last year's.

Eller is the type of player you win with in the playoffs and MB knows this. Not going anywhere.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I am still hoping DD is traded at the deadline.

Galchenyuk is moved to first line center

Need a second line LW too... Jagr

We trade for a 3rd line LW... like Higgins

We need a number 1 RW and a 3rd pairing dman

Patches ---Galchenyuk------ 1st line RW
Jagr ------Pleky_____Sekac (Kladno Line)
Higgins____ Eller_____ Gallagher
Prust_____ DLR______Weise
Malhotra, Bournival

PAP instead of Higgins, no need to give up assets for Higgns please

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
if were giving up something like that, nothing short of eberle is acceptable

Eberle is not someone worth acquiring. I have good faith that Bergevin is not looking to acquire someone with as many glaring flaws as Eberle. Not a fan at all of his production, play away from the puck, or carelessness with the puck.

Great game by the Habs tonight. Really no reason to complain at all.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Typical Habs post game thread :

-Intense discussion on the future of David Desharnais.
-Trade proposals involving 2nd round picks and a prospect
-Debate on the identity of said prospect & trade target
-Out of town talk

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think you are under-estimating the importance of Eller on this team. Saying he has no impact in the game or team success is quite untrue. Having Eller gives Plekanec less defensive duties. Even if he struggles offensively, he reminds a two way centers, that wins his share of face-offs and plays on the PK. Also, he brings the size that you said teams are looking for.. It's good for other teams but not us?

Last year we had:

Pacioretty-DD-Vanek
Bourque-Eller-Gio.

It will be:

Pacioretty-DD-New winger
Weise-Prust?DLR?-PAP

Are we really better? We traded our most productive forward last playoffs which happened to be our biggest center.. and our line-up still doesn't look better than last year's, so what's the point. We need an upgrade on the 1st center and a top 6 winger... not the third center that showed he can play a big part in a team success in the playoffs. When you want to build a SC team, you have to have the right piece of the puzzle at the right place. When you look at our line up, you see DD as our first center and Eller as our third... Which one is not at the right place?

dont bother

only Patches has more GWG than Eller, but still, we're winning despite #81... didnt you know that ? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad