Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Last edited:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm curious who they will cast as (yet another) Batman and Damian Wayne. Ben Affleck would have worked but I think that ship has sailed.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
ABSOLUTELY! FROM THE INTERNET!

Seriously, he has a habit of not reading previous posts in threads and thinking he's posting news. :laugh:
Imagine me not reading every single post like you.

I hadn't posted for while I this thread so when I entered it put me on page 2 I thinks...so I scrolled down to the last post and thought I was posting after that one

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Imagine me not reading every single post like you.

I hadn't posted for while I this thread so when I entered it put me on page 2 I thinks...so I scrolled down to the last post and thought I was posting after that one
A few of the previous posts from a "bumped" thread is soooooo hard. ;)

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Maybe he has you on mute and he doesn't see your posts? Can't imagine why

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Looks like Shazam is going to be a bomb. Only 11 million on its opening day. So I'm guessing a $30 - $35 million opening weekend? That probably means less than $100 million domestic by the time it finishes its run.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Looks like Shazam is going to be a bomb. Only 11 million on its opening day. So I'm guessing a $30 - $35 million opening weekend? That probably means less than $100 million domestic by the time it finishes its run.
Not overly surprising. It’s like expecting the last xmen movie to do well after the Disney purchase of Fox. Fans have no real interest when this non core hero movie is the last of the old regime.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Not overly surprising. It’s like expecting the last xmen movie to do well after the Disney purchase of Fox. Fans have no real interest when this non core hero movie is the last of the old regime.
I'm sure that is a major factor, but both the final x-men movie and apparently this movie as well are both mediocre to terrible.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I watched Shazam 2 last night. Worse than the first one. Didn't seem to have the heart of the first one and Shazam was more juvenile than Billy Batson, to an irritating level, especially during the 2nd post-credit scene. One line did make me laugh ("Taste the rainbow, motherfu.." :laugh:

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I watched Shazam 2 last night. Worse than the first one. Didn't seem to have the heart of the first one and Shazam was more juvenile than Billy Batson, to an irritating level, especially during the 2nd post-credit scene. One line did make me laugh ("Taste the rainbow, motherfu.." :laugh:
I watched the first 30 minutes and then shut it off. It all seemed so forced.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Feels like we hit a plateau with Superhero movies. Too many and the storylines are overall too weak.

DC should push out the remainder of what they have filmed and really nail their casting moving forward. Pick the right actors and those in the right age range for what they wish to do. If you are asking for an 8-10 year commitment, then you need to have actors in the right age range to do that.

That's why the fans of Marvel who want Krasinski and Blunt as part of the F4 team, don't realize that Blunt is 40 and Krasinski is 44 in 2023. Probably better to go with younger actors.

DC, I think they have to re-start with the core group. Bats, Sups, WW, and layer in the rest like GL, Flash, Aqua, etc. I think only these 6 get solo films. I doubt the 7th member, and it's been a rotation of MM, Hawkman, Cyborg, etc. over the years would get a solo movie early on. Similar to Hawkeye. Maybe on streaming it would make more sense.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Feels like we hit a plateau with Superhero movies. Too many and the storylines are overall too weak.

DC should push out the remainder of what they have filmed and really nail their casting moving forward. Pick the right actors and those in the right age range for what they wish to do. If you are asking for an 8-10 year commitment, then you need to have actors in the right age range to do that.

That's why the fans of Marvel who want Krasinski and Blunt as part of the F4 team, don't realize that Blunt is 40 and Krasinski is 44 in 2023. Probably better to go with younger actors.

DC, I think they have to re-start with the core group. Bats, Sups, WW, and layer in the rest like GL, Flash, Aqua, etc. I think only these 6 get solo films. I doubt the 7th member, and it's been a rotation of MM, Hawkman, Cyborg, etc. over the years would get a solo movie early on. Similar to Hawkeye. Maybe on streaming it would make more sense.
The heavy rumors is that Reed and Sue will already have a kid in the movie, so they wouldn't be "that" young but not necessarily older.

DC is getting rebooted, James Gunn has confirmed it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad