Days since Sens Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
so a Man divorces his wife, and it is messy...NO. no..no....NEVER HAPPENS..
She gets pissed and bad mouths him...never happens!!!!!!

maybe the millions he has earned since their divorce that she getting nothing from...or maybe old Jim done got himself a younger honey!!!!!

OMG if this shit is true?????

Suddenly Eugene is Saint Eugene? And all people wagging their fingers are the Tabernacle choir (for my Franco friends on here...slightly change the spelling to get a close word).

Old Eugene, he must of forgotten that he had his divorce documents sealed, and has pursued legal actions against anyone who looks into it.

People be respectful huh..He is no longer Mr. Melnyk..He is Saint Eugene..

Reactions: bert

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

YOOOO

SCANLAN WENT IN HARD

As for “core values,” some would question the values of an organization that would allow actor Mel Gibson, with his track record of anti-semitic comments and statements about women, to sit in the owner’s suite during the Phillips ceremony and game.

Also, investigating divorce histories can cut both ways. As a colleague tweeted the other day, be careful throwing stones in glass houses.

We could discuss dirty laundry all day, but why bother?

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
this is normal. The man was hired by Little..

When a new GM is hired, there is usually changes... Similar with coaches.

Poor Guy though..through no fault of his own.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
this is normal. The man was hired by Little..

When a new GM is hired, there is usually changes... Similar with coaches.

Poor Guy though..through no fault of his own.
Would make sense if we had someone new hired, and it never happened on the same day

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Would make sense if we had someone new hired, and it never happened on the same day

Probably, and this is CONJECTURE on my part. Are we sure the guy was not a buddy of Little? In which case, it would make for an awkward situation. And would you trust him????

I am sympathetic to all people and their employment, but on this issue I am with the organization. The Little branch, should probably be cut.

So as a not to send the debate spiraling to far off. I agree with the Little firing. Cursing at your boss and saying things like it would be best if you went away...should get you fired!!!

The slander and the stories since (his wife, etc.). That is unnecessary and wrong. But when confronted with doing things right, or wrong, sadly the organization seems to opt for the wrong.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Probably, and this is CONJECTURE on my part. Are we sure the guy was not a buddy of Little? In which case, it would make for an awkward situation. And would you trust him????

I am sympathetic to all people and their employment, but on this issue I am with the organization. The Little branch, should probably be cut.

So as a not to send the debate spiraling to far off. I agree with the Little firing. Cursing at your boss and saying things like it would be best if you went away...should get you fired!!!

The slander and the stories since (his wife, etc.). That is unnecessary and wrong. But when confronted with doing things right, or wrong, sadly the organization seems to opt for the wrong.
The bottom line is that an organization with the history of turmoil like Ottawa has, is never going to attract a top flight managerial candidate. Those people have options in life.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

Telling him to stay away for 12 months was literally the reason he was hired, which was rebuilding the brand and bring back fans.

Melnyks ego wouldn’t allow it, and his outburst led to Melnyk being able to get rid of him with reason.

The other firing, again seems pretty foolish but not surprising if it was because he was hired by Little. It’s another position open that likely wasn’t due to performance.

The branch that needs to be cut is Melnyk, any branch that gets cut is because of him.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
We aren't getting anyone else decent, that's for sure.

Nobody is going to be interested since there's no freedom to do the job and you just work for a dictator.

Why hire some high profile guy you pay to bring in ideas and look at things objectively, if he's going to be shitcanned the moment he starts pointing out the real issues?

Tow the line or you're fired.

This might be the most depressing bit of news out of all. He is doubling down on what he labeled as an "underdog" situation thinking he knows best instead of realizing things have gone so far beyond repair already.

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
We aren't getting anyone else decent, that's for sure.

Nobody is going to be interested since there's no freedom to do the job and you just work for a dictator.

Why hire some high profile guy you pay to bring in ideas and look at things objectively, if he's going to be shitcanned the moment he starts pointing out the real issues?

Tow the line or you're fired.

This might be the most depressing bit of news out of all. He is doubling down on what he labeled as an "underdog" situation thinking he knows best instead of realizing things have gone so far beyond repair already.

Gesus..others know that too....Brian Burke echoed your words on Friday on Hockey Central at noon.
but that leaves us nowhere..he is not going anywhere.

Grizwald

Dec 19, 2017
I've been waiting for local sport's reporters to write articles like Scanlan's piece today. It appears most of the Ottawa press is afraid to write any truths about Melnyk for fear of retaliation. Don Brennen, like him or not, was about the only reporter who wrote and challenged Melnyk and he seems to have disappeared from his Ottawa Sun gig. Melnyk would be crucified in most North American cities by sports reporters but somehow in Ottawa, for the most part, he's been getting a free pass - I hope the tide is changing!

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Gesus..others know that too....Brian Burke echoed your words on Friday on Hockey Central at noon.
but that leaves us nowhere..he is not going anywhere.
I don't doubt he isn't going anywhere.

It is a truly hopeless situation for fans and in a lot of ways it would be a shame for him to bask in any turnaround regardless.

I'll just keep tabs on them from a distance for free. One day he'll have killed my interest entirely.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I've been waiting for local sport's reporters to write articles like Scanlan's piece today. It appears most of the Ottawa press is afraid to write any truths about Melnyk for fear of retaliation. Don Brennen, like him or not, was about the only reporter who wrote and challenged Melnyk and he seems to have disappeared from his Ottawa Sun gig. Melnyk would be crucified in most North American cities by sports reporters but somehow in Ottawa, for the most part, he's been getting a free pass - I hope the tide is changing!
Can't risk having your plane access revoked or be threatened that you'll be "buried"

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

it’s weird the organization wouldn’t confirm the status of the employee. What do they have to hide? Maybe there’s no one left to answer.

my guess is they want to damage control this but there are no options, it’s just bad news all around.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Maybe Lafranieres Mom and Dad are looking at this situation and thinking they could be CEO and CFO and it’ll be announced at the draft.

seriously, if Laf had a Lindros type personality, the storm clouds in Ottawa would turn into a hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln