Speculation: David Savard, Cedric Paquette & Chris Wideman: UFAs Linked to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
No, the real reason is because of that unbelievably ridiculously stacked LD of Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, and then out of nowhere Cernak as a solid RD, god knows why they brought Savard in

Guy has 1 goal in his last 122 games... ONE
Guy has 1 goal in 57 career playoff games
Guy SOMEHOW goes -8 on TAMPA in 14 games

Yeah lets bring him in to replace Weber... f***

Once again, you're making shit up and proceed to get upset about it.

Reactions: Archijerej

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
That's what some people in here ALWAYS does. We sign players....we hear how we shouldn'T panic, they are here just to be the 7th d-man or the 14th forward and yet end up regulars...lol

It was the same with Chiarot and the same with Edmundson. When they were signed, most folks were saying they're for the 3rd pair. The organization signed them for the Top-4.

And Savard plays the kind of game Habs want their defensive corps to play, shutting things down and making opponents pay for it.

It's the identity we saw shaping in the bubble with Weber, Chiarot, and Petry. And then they added Edmundson who added to that. Weber out, Savard in keeps with that identity.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
It was the same with Chiarot and the same with Edmundson. When they were signed, most folks were saying they're for the 3rd pair. The organization signed them for the Top-4.

And Savard plays the kind of game Habs want their defensive corps to play, shutting things down and making opponents pay for it.

It's the identity we saw shaping in the bubble with Weber, Chiarot, and Petry. And then they added Edmundson who added to that. Weber out, Savard in keeps with that identity.
And ironically they turned out being awesome.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I hope Paquette is for our 4th line and Wideman is an extra D (or even better AHL D).

If the signings are imminent, I see Paquette at best as a 4th liner / healthy scratch. I see Wideman as an extra D as you mentioned with time in the AHL.

We still need a 3rd line center who can play a little top 6 if Danault is gone. Evans is an injury risk and can't be relied on yet for that role. I like Wennberg or Haula for that role. Both can also play the wing.

Reactions: MrNasty

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Once again, you're making shit up and proceed to get upset about it.

Sigh, I really do my best to ignore the posters who clearly dont know shit about hockey and waste peoples times lol
but theres a part of me DYING to know what exactly you feel is "made up" about the straight up facts I brought up that you seem to be refusing to comprehend? or having difficulty comprehending?

I brought up some glaring cons against signing him (but who are we kidding, hes obviously being signed), so bring up the pros to signing him? they better be juicy

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
If the signings are imminent, I see Paquette at best as a 4th liner / healthy scratch. I see Wideman as an extra D as you mentioned with time in the AHL.

We still need a 3rd line center who can play a little top 6 if Danault is gone. Evans is an injury risk and can't be relied on yet for that role. I like Wennberg or Haula for that role. Both can also play the wing.

Wennberg would be interesting. I would like Christian Dvorak too.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Sigh, I really do my best to ignore the posters who clearly dont know shit about hockey and waste peoples times lol
but theres a part of me DYING to know what exactly you feel is "made up" about the straight up facts I brought up that you seem to be refusing to comprehend? or having difficulty comprehending?

I brought up some glaring cons against signing him (but who are we kidding, hes obviously being signed), so bring up the pros to signing him? they better be juicy

You fabricated narratives about Paquette replacing Danault (topping it off with making it about his ethnicity as well) and now about Savard replacing Weber and getting all amped up about it. Calling them 'straight up facts' is a laugh riot.

Reactions: Archijerej
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad