Speculation: David Savard, Cedric Paquette & Chris Wideman: UFAs Linked to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Tampa just gave up their 1st to get Savard as a rental and then they won the cup. One of the big reasons they won was that they were 6 D deep...And he made the play on the cup winning goal... I don't see what all the hate is about.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He did create the goal that finished the habs.

Habs fans have short memory.

Like it's an accomplishment or something?
More like Vasilevsky shut our offense down....and it's not Savard that's going to improve that.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
lol sigh... Savards -27 last year probably turns into -40 now lol.. joy

Savard is a fine 4th D on like 90% of the teams in the league. He's the one rumoured move I'm not upset about. Just posting his differential trying to prove something is not going to change it.
Can't be the major addition though. Especially not if the only one is Chris Wideman.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Wideman over Merrill or Ouellet, maybe.

Savard in the top-4? Please,no.

Romanov-Hamilton
Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
...Kulak...Wideman

Closest thing we realistically might come to this is Tony DeAngelo instead of Dougie Hamilton.

Every team in the league wants Hamilton and the bidding war should drive his salary up to or past Seth Jones's. Some say Hamilton's analytics are better than Jones's.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Tampa just gave up their 1st to get Savard as a rental and then they won the cup. One of the big reasons they won was that they were 6 D deep...And he made the play on the cup winning goal... I don't see what all the hate is about.

It's about Bergevin. Lots of people would rather the team fail than Bergevin succeed. That was proven during our run to the finals. David Savard is a good player but because he's not a superstar or a bluechip prospect and Bergevin likes him, he gets bashed.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

No, the real reason is because of that unbelievably ridiculously stacked LD of Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, and then out of nowhere Cernak as a solid RD, god knows why they brought Savard in

Guy has 1 goal in his last 122 games... ONE
Guy has 1 goal in 57 career playoff games
Guy SOMEHOW goes -8 on TAMPA in 14 games

Yeah lets bring him in to replace Weber... f***

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Why are we complaining about acquiring players? We are worried about losing guys to make a trade...well you better have a lot of depth to makeup for whoever you lose on you roster.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So because he had a good KHl seasons, let's bring him back? Hey, do you know who is a god in the KHL? Darren Dietz bring him back to. Oh and while you are at it, DaCosta finished 5th in scoring too. And Nigel Dawes in the top 20...lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think people thinking Savard will be signed to be on the 3rd pair will be disappointed.

I'm betting he is signed to get into the Top-4. Petry will replace Weber and his role and minutes. Savard will replace Petry's.

Reactions: Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
No, the real reason is because of that unbelievably ridiculously stacked LD of Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, and then out of nowhere Cernak as a solid RD, god knows why they brought Savard in

Guy has 1 goal in his last 122 games... ONE
Guy has 1 goal in 57 career playoff games
Guy SOMEHOW goes -8 on TAMPA in 14 games

Yeah lets bring him in to replace Weber... f***

You don't replace Weber. You fill a spot. Bergevin does what he does best...goes with what's available. Savard is available. Shouldn't have too much competition. Hence he goes for him.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
So is this a fair prediction?

Edmundson - Petry
Chiarot - Savard
Kulak - Romanov
Wideman

I wonder where Paquette would slot in our center line with Suzuki, Kotkaniemi and Evans? Or Poehling?

Anderson - Suzuki - Caufield
Toffoli - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Drouin - Paquette - Poehling/Armia
Lehkonen - Evans - Byron

??

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
So because he had a good KHl seasons, let's bring him back? Hey, do you know who is a god in the KHL? Darren Dietz bring him back to. Oh and while you are at it, DaCosta finished 5th in scoring too. And Nigel Dawes in the top 20...lol
Ok with me. Sounds like great depth guys.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I think people thinking Savard will be signed to be on the 3rd pair will be disappointed.

I'm betting he is signed to get into the Top-4. Petry will replace Weber and his role and minutes. Savard will replace Petry's.

That's what some people in here ALWAYS does. We sign players....we hear how we shouldn'T panic, they are here just to be the 7th d-man or the 14th forward and yet end up regulars...lol

Locks

May 28, 2005
Wideman is a guy that Josh Brook can eventually beat out.... hopefully...
Exactly. Wideman has 181 NHL games under his belt. He can be easily pushed down to the extra D man role when Brook is ready. No problem with signing him as a 6-7 Dman to give prospects like Brook more time.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
As long as the deals are for 1 year, little band aids.

I rather that than paying someone gross money on UFA because we're in a panic that our D sucks.

Although, I expect Savard to be signed around $4M, maybe $4.5M for 3 years. With full NMC of course.

Similar deal as Chiarot/Edmunson but with the fresh off Cup Winning tax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad