Speculation: David Savard, Cedric Paquette & Chris Wideman: UFAs Linked to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Feels like a quickie bandaid solution for some type of offensive production for the blue line...

if hes brought in to be top 4 ill be seriously upset, if hes brought in to be bottom pair or extra D , it could be way worse

better be a 1 yr 1mill type deal

Reactions: abo9

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
As a reserve?

Yeah sure. Who cares if he never plays. This year's Frolik but on D.

This, the guys is going to be our 7/8 d and be a tweener between the AHL and NHL on a 1 way contract that is 100% buriable.

Also his scandal is drunkenly talking s*** about one of his coaches. You mean to tell me you have complained about a boss drinking with friends and or colleagues before? Bet you have and just weren't recorded.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Apparently Getzlaf is hitting the market. Guess Anaheim didn’t want him back. Wonder if Bergevin will circle back to him as he did at the deadline to play with Perry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
My guess, Wideman 3rd pair with Romanov if he's in the line-up. And Savard with Chiarot on the 2nd pair. Edmundson and Petry will be the top pair.

They may start out that way, but if we don't sign anyone else, they may balance things out as:
Eddy Petry
Kulak Chiarot
Romanov Savard
Wideman

At lest that gives one big body and one mobile dman on each pair. Chiarot-Savard may not last. But stranger things have happened.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What the f***.

sign Deangelo for christ sake. If you really want someone who can contribute and not literally suck.

we’ll have a lot of bandaids and no one good in that ufas corps.

I wanted him before Mailloux - if Deangelo is really on a path to self-improvement and willing to be more considerate of others with his words and actions. But now that may be too much controversy.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What the f***.

sign Deangelo for christ sake. If you really want someone who can contribute and not literally suck.

we’ll have a lot of bandaids and no one good in that ufas corps.

It's the same f***ing thing every single year, except last one. After every f***ing successful season, this idiot gets away from what made us competitive in the first place, thinks he's a hockey genius of some kind and tries to go for moves that make absolutely no sense whatsoever. And it ends up backfiring.

Successful 2014-2015 season? Let's go after Alex Semin, Zack Kassian and Tomas Fleischmann! WHAT THE HELL CAN GO WRONG!
Successful 2016-2017 season? Let's let Radulov and the whole left side of our D leave and replace them with Ales Hemsky and David Schlemko! What a great idea! There's no way it's going to backfire.

And every f***ing time, we end up with the same results. Meanwhile, the Panthers are adding Sam Reinhart, the Flyers got Ristolainen and Ellis, and a team like Boston has re-signed Taylor Hall and is likely to be aggressive on the UFA market.

Good f***ing job Marc! Keep at it!

Reactions: atrud66

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Friedman is also convinced that Savard is signing with Habs.

So upsetting, Laracque is rarely wrong honestly, its weird but he just always nails things lol..

getting Savard is gonna BUM me the f*** out so bad god...
And Paquette to what..replace Danault? theyre same age, same shit production, even worse actually
guess bergevin has to shut up the omfg where all the french players people

had high hopes this offseason but looking like..nah lol , what a drag
Bergevin cant step down soon enough next year

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
No. Edmundson with Petry being the top pair.

Savard will be 2nd pair with Chiarot.

I know I didn't make you feel better.
Wideman over Merrill or Ouellet, maybe.

Savard in the top-4? Please,no.

Romanov-Hamilton
Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Savard
...Kulak...Wideman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events