Speculation: David Savard, Cedric Paquette & Chris Wideman: UFAs Linked to Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So upsetting, Laracque is rarely wrong honestly, its weird but he just always nails things lol..

getting Savard is gonna BUM me the f*** out so bad god...
And Paquette to what..replace Danault? theyre same age, same shit production, even worse actually
guess bergevin has to shut up the omfg where all the french players people

had high hopes this offseason but looking like..nah lol , what a drag
Bergevin cant step down soon enough next year

You're literally making shit up and then getting upset about it.

And what's wrong with Savard?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I used to like Savard but he seems to have declined. I don't expect more than a #5 at this point. I don't mind Paquette though, esp as an extra forward.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
They may start out that way, but if we don't sign anyone else, they may balance things out as:
Eddy Petry
Kulak Chiarot
Romanov Savard
Wideman

At lest that gives one big body and one mobile dman on each pair. Chiarot-Savard may not last. But stranger things have happened.

Complete disaster really lol

instead of getting 1 (we need 2 en plus) top pairing D, we are graduating our 2nd pair thats only a good 2nd pair because they arent top pair, TO the top pairing...
and plugging the other holes with even worse defensemen...
AAA-yoye...
Been nothing but downhill since 1 day after the cup final lol...

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think a lot of people are high on our cup run and think that we need to make moves to put us over the top.. but the reality is, we lost Weber, we are losing Danault and Tatar and there were plenty of glaring holes on the team already.

We were set up for missing the play-offs just by going back to our regular division, the loss of Weber on an already suspect defense helps the powerplay but it hurts the rest of the team.

Unless we sign Hamilton, which won't happen - there is no real avenue for us to be better on defense than we were last year, and likely going to be worse and we were already pretty bad.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think a lot of people are high on our cup run and think that we need to make moves to put us over the top.. but the reality is, we lost Weber, we are losing Danault and Tatar and there were plenty of glaring holes on the team already.

We were set up for missing the play-offs just by going back to our regular division, the loss of Weber on an already suspect defense helps the powerplay but it hurts the rest of the team.

Unless we sign Hamilton, which won't happen - there is no real avenue for us to be better on defense than we were last year, and likely going to be worse and we were already pretty bad.

Fine. So tank. 2 huge drafts upcoming. Don't wait till there's a 2012 draft to do so.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Complete disaster really lol

instead of getting 1 (we need 2 en plus) top pairing D, we are graduating our 2nd pair thats only a good 2nd pair because they arent top pair, TO the top pairing...
and plugging the other holes with even worse defensemen...
AAA-yoye...
Been nothing but downhill since 1 day after the cup final lol...

let's wait until the market opens and we'll see what happens. That's just the current depth chart with signing Savard and Wideman. We have plenty more cap space after those two signings and need 8 dmen. That's only 7.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
A lot of hot takes on Savard. Reminds me of the Edmundson hot takes.

Savard is good and has some good hockey left in him.

It'd be one thing if folks admitted to not being that familiar with a player and uncertain. It happened to me with Josh Anderson. But the confidence with which people speak...

Reactions: dralaf

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
A lot of hot takes on Savard. Reminds me of the Edmundson hot takes.

Savard is good and has some good hockey left in him.

We got a good look at savard in the finals.

He was not very good. Maybe he was hurt, and he can play better but it was not a good showing by him.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Fine. So tank. 2 huge drafts upcoming. Don't wait till there's a 2012 draft to do so.

Tanking is for trash can franchises. Full stop. It's one thing for a Washington and Pittsburgh to do it for an Ovechkin or a Crosby on a one-off - and before somebody mentions Chicago, no they did not tank, yes they tried to compete and crashed - when the rules are favorable and the player is generational, but outside of that, it's a recipe for disaster. The current rules don't reward tanking - thankfully.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
let's wait until the market opens and we'll see what happens. That's just the current depth chart with signing Savard and Wideman. We have plenty more cap space after those two signings and need 8 dmen. That's only 7.

The real fear, is signing savard and playing him top 4, because you just KNOW they are gonna, with disastrous results
He should be bottom pairing, and with the habs, he will be top 4 reliant, just like weve forced Ben Chiarot to be..

one day we'll sign bottom pairing dmen and actually play them as bottom pairing dmen, one day....maybe

Reactions: 26Mats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA