David Rundblad

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I believe Yandle is a core player for the Yotes, but that makes him all the more attractive for other teams. Just because he is a core player doesn't mean me keep him.

I still think Yandle is a core piece and won't be traded by the TDL. he leads the team in assists and is getting huge minutes lately, so Tip must see the benefit of playing him versus curbing his minutes because of his D lapses. That is the part I find interesting. If he stunk as bad as some say on D, why does he get the minutes from Tip, a D minded coach? He gets a few more on the PP, but you would think he would get less overall then he does. In spite of his poor +/- rating, I still think he generates more scoring chances then he gives up.

If he is traded, it will be in the summer, and only if we miss the playoffs and are forced to retool and bring in forward help, as maybe this is the only way. The AHL'er of the week in the top 6 has to be fixed sooner or later. We are running out of mirrors there....

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Would you do Yandle and the 12th pick for Eberle and the 2nd pick?

I would do that if you are convinced Eberle is a solid top line winger for years to come? You would have to be, because at 6 mill a year, he is our highest paid player, so you had better be sure. I am not sure he is a solid enough 2 way player to take that chance, but maybe...

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe
I would do that if you are convinced Eberle is a solid top line winger for years to come? You would have to be, because at 6 mill a year, he is our highest paid player, so you had better be sure. I am not sure he is a solid enough 2 way player to take that chance, but maybe...

Have you seen him play? I don't see Eberle slowing down anytime soon. He is young and skilled and would probably be the most offensively skilled player if he was on the Coyotes.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Have you seen him play? I don't see Eberle slowing down anytime soon. He is young and skilled and would probably be the most offensively skilled player if he was on the Coyotes.

Yes, I am just not sure he is a solid enough 2 way player to take on 6 mill a year for the next 5 years. At that contract level and length, we might have other options for a better 2 way winger if we are trading Yandle. I like Eberle, we just need to be sure he is the guy at that price and term. What makes it difficult, is him playing in Edmonton, harder to judge him in a non-system, non-responsible system. He could flourish as a coyote or his production could come down if he is forced to play a more responsible less wide open game. Again, I like him, just not sure....

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Would you do Yandle and the 12th pick for Eberle and the 2nd pick?

That's extremely tempting. I don't believe it'd be in Edmonton's best interest to offer it. But yeah, I'd really consider it. If it weren't for the loyalty and chemistry factors, I'd do it without hesitation. But damn it's tempting. Think of how perfect Eberle would be for Doan and Ribs. WithDoki seemingly ideal for the Czechs. Plus one of Reinhart, Ekblad, Dal Colle, or Bennett? Yeah, I think we'd have to do it. As much as it'd hurt. Make damn sure we keep Vrbata and then pick up a solid vet D via UFA and I think that deal makes us a better team as soon as next season, and well into the future.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'm not a big Eberle fan, but that's just me. Tempting though because we'd be adding another big piece in Reinhart, Bennett, etc

letowskie

Aug 16, 2002
In your worst nighmare
Visit site
If we could snag Eberle....i would **** my pants. In a good way of course.

At the price of Yandle....I'm not too sure.

I probably wouldn't do it. His price is way to high, especially in terms of contract, I would want someone with a contract that is more in line with contribution. Of the big 4 in Edmon, he is by far the least attractive (in terms of salary and contributions). If we can swing a package of pieces (Samuelsson + Stone + Moss) or something for him, that would be OK. Shipping Yandle for him would be completely untenable.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah, the deal looks a lot better with the switch of picks. I don't think Edmonton is keen on trading a chance at Ekblad though. If they are willing, then I would be all for this.

Say it's the draft and Edmonton picks 2nd or 3rd and Ekblad is off the board, already. So it's one of Reinhart, Bennett or Dal Colle and Eberle for Yandle and the early to mid first. That might be somewhat enticing for them, I suppose.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
How do those three stack up to years past? I don't see a lot of flash.

this is the equivalent of the 2007 draft. it's got a decent top 10-12 (only 2 D worthy of falling in top 10 in Ekblad and Fleury). I'm not sold on one of the big names (Draisaitl who IMO is eerily similar to Peter Mueller in style of play) as well. In short, not a great draft.

One thing as well. This is not a very good draft for D. Huge drop off in talent after Fleury. If a team is looking for D and can't grab one of those two names they may be more than willing to drop their 1st for a player like Rundblad.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
This would have been a good year to ship out our first for a quality rental or as part of a larger package.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
You can tell the kid wants to play. He had a big smile when she asked him about playing and getting games. Kid has a great attitude. Unbury him or send him somewhere to play.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
You can tell the kid wants to play. He had a big smile when she asked him about playing and getting games. Kid has a great attitude. Unbury him or send him somewhere to play.

It takes a trooper to play one in every ten games, be formerly a big deal in another country, and not complain.

Anyone want to photoshop the Free Willy poster with Rundblad taking Willy's place? That's how I feel right about now after watching that.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona

It takes a trooper to play one in every ten games, be formerly a big deal in another country, and not complain.

Anyone want to photoshop the Free Willy poster with Rundblad taking Willy's place? That's how I feel right about now after watching that.

Spot on, gentlemen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad