Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
not according to RDS analysts he's ready to make the jump. He's been the Rockets best D all year. Let him make mistakes and learn at the NHL level.
They would have a Mailloux Trudeau paring playing on the Big club if they could.
Mailloux is not close to being ready his game has been no where near good enough in the past month when we needed him most.
I don't know if it's just me but I don't find him very dynamic skating the puck.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
They would have a Mailloux Trudeau paring playing on the Big club if they could.
Mailloux is not close to being ready his game has been no where near good enough in the past month when we needed him most.
I don't know if it's just me but I don't find him very dynamic skating the puck.
He's never been dynamic. He's an Evan Bouchard clone that can deal with the rough stuff. It's nice to have, but it's a niche player. It's like a Chiarot but instead of being good on the PK he's good on the PP, instead of closing out games he tries to score. He'll be a fine role player, but he's gonna be a 4-5-6 and not a 1-2-3.

Reactions: Habs and 26Mats

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

He isn't. He's not that agile. I find Reinbacher to be a better skater in all directions.

@Mrb1p I find Bouchard has a much, much higher IQ on offense, he finds seams few defensemen can. Mailloux also has a great shot.

In any case, I don't see either Mailloux or Barron as reasons for this team to pass up on a RHD. I'll also add Silayev plays both sides.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He isn't. He's not that agile. I find Reinbacher to be a better skater in all directions.

@Mrb1p I find Bouchard has a much, much higher IQ on offense, he finds seams few defensemen can. Mailloux also has a great shot.

In any case, I don't see either Mailloux or Barron as reasons for this team to pass up on a RHD. I'll also add Silayev plays both sides.

Yeah, just as a role that they should play. Im sure Mailloux could end up being a top PP option if it goes well. Bouchard has better vision and a comparative shot. Mailloux skates faster and is stronger/less soft (Im sure Bouchard is strong himself, he's just soft as all hell at times, or too slow mentally to evaluate the situation.) There's a lot of options later on RHD that should be interesting to add. Guys like Badinka, Gill, Kleber and Mews could be great gambles. Then Im not too worried about going for the RHD. There's really one good RHD at that range and it's Parekh. (Levshunov will be gone, pretty sure.)

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I think Reinbacher is right on schedule and perhaps a tad behind because of the situation this past season.
The plan was always to play him a full year in the AHL; So call up for injury is possible but full time NHL duty is hard to see until after the TDL.
Curious, how do you know that his dev plan was always to have him play a full year in the AHL? Do you mean your plan or the teams?

Reactions: not quite yoda

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Curious, how do you know that his dev plan was always to have him play a full year in the AHL? Do you mean your plan or the teams?
Because he has to acclimatize to the North American game and if you've seen him play you'd realize a handful of games won't do it.
So no it's not my plan.
There isn't anyone I know who thinks Reinbacher's path will be accelerated beyond what the better Moritz Seider's was.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
If he puts up Mailloux numbers I'll be impressed. Until then, meh.. guess he's young I'm supposed to give him time

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If he puts up Mailloux numbers I'll be impressed. Until then, meh.. guess he's young I'm supposed to give him time
Who cares about Mailloux’s numbers. He can’t defend. I’d rather someone that can be trusted on the ice and gets less points per game.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Because he has to acclimatize to the North American game and if you've seen him play you'd realize a handful of games won't do it.
So no it's not my plan.
There isn't anyone I know who thinks Reinbacher's path will be accelerated beyond what the better Moritz Seider's was.
Got it, the HF Boards plan....which was bang on for Slaf.

I would bet everything I own that MGM't has no set plan. If he is good enough to make the team at camp he'll start in the NHL, like many top drafted D+2 dmen have done in the past. There is no logical reason why playing a full year in the AHL, with lesser players, lesser coaches, lesser facilities is a superior path then the NHL.

I'm betting he will make the team at camp, this board will explode and claim we are ruining him, and he does just fine.

Reactions: Walksss and Sorinth

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I would bet everything I own that MGM't has no set plan. If he is good enough to make the team at camp he'll start in the NHL, like many top drafted D+2 dmen have done in the past. There is no logical reason why playing a full year in the AHL, with lesser players, lesser coaches, lesser facilities is a superior path then the NHL.

I'm betting he will make the team at camp, this board will explode and claim we are ruining him, and he does just fine.
Right Brilliant observation Sherlock.
Of course they have a plan are you Naive or what just trying to stir up shit?
If Reinbacher exceeds expectations plans can change but the fact that he was given the sliding ELC in itself indicates there is a PLAN.
There is a plan for EVERY player drafted. As for making the team out of camp that is highly unlikely.
We have far too many players ahead of him who still require evaluation before Hughes moves on from them.

Reactions: Habs

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

It’s easier to bring in a young winger and let him work it out like Slaf then a defenseman. Reinbacher won’t make the team unless they think he’s truly ready.

Reactions: Rapala

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
For a 5th overall, his expectations are to be doing both.

The ranking is irrelevant. That management chose to draft him there doesn't change who he is as a player. He's projected as an all situation minute muncher who will get his offense through transition and finding seams. He's a quick passer. But he's not a flashy player. His offense will likely depend on quality of teammates and usage.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With Mailloux the exciting is the production because he's a rookie that's missed so much development time. With prospects it's always about progression or lack of. So with Mailloux we see that he can have high end production, so the next question is can he continue to progress or not? No knows but if he can then you have an elite producing blueliner.

Yes he has issues in his own end, he needs to work on things this off season to add mass, strength but in a couple years if he can keep progressing then you really got something depending on how much the rest of his game can evolve or not.

Reinbacher we know will be an NHLer but he needs time to adjust and figure out how to use his large frame better to his advantage while cleaning up some defensive issues. Just have to be willing to give these kids the time they need to progress.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
The ranking is irrelevant. That management chose to draft him there doesn't change who he is as a player. He's projected as an all situation minute muncher who will get his offense through transition and finding seams. He's a quick passer. But he's not a flashy player. His offense will likely depend on quality of teammates and usage.
Doesn't matter how but he needs to produce one way or the other.

Reactions: Habs

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
weird he was just called up :P They must think hes okay lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Who cares about Mailloux’s numbers. He can’t defend. I’d rather someone that can be trusted on the ice and gets less points per game.
It's called Development. He probably needs another season since he has missed so much time the past 3 years. He isn't Rod Langway but he has made improvements throughout the year defensively

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
With Mailloux the exciting is the production because he's a rookie that's missed so much development time. With prospects it's always about progression or lack of. So with Mailloux we see that he can have high end production, so the next question is can he continue to progress or not? No knows but if he can then you have an elite producing blueliner.

Yes he has issues in his own end, he needs to work on things this off season to add mass, strength but in a couple years if he can keep progressing then you really got something depending on how much the rest of his game can evolve or not.

Reinbacher we know will be an NHLer but he needs time to adjust and figure out how to use his large frame better to his advantage while cleaning up some defensive issues. Just have to be willing to give these kids the time they need to progress.
Between Dach and Mailloux missed time, and most good prospects being Defensemen and goalies we should expect some late blooming for sure.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's called Development. He probably needs another season since he has missed so much time the past 3 years. He isn't Rod Langway but he has made improvements throughout the year defensively
I have my doubts. He just doesn’t seem to have the brain to make up for the lack of mobility defensively.

Reactions: Tyson

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
It’s easier to bring in a young winger and let him work it out like Slaf then a defenseman. Reinbacher won’t make the team unless they think he’s truly ready.
Still feel the same way after watching Hutson and Mailloux play this past week? Reinbacher is the best talent of the three and probably most NHL ready. I'd bet a lot of money he makes the team next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad