Player Discussion David Quinn: Part VI

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
He won’t be the coach next year. Simply for the fact that they can’t afford to change coaches in the middle of next season. We need a clear direction from day 1 next year.

Reactions: Synergy27

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
I think there's a lot of revisionist history going on here. Before this year they played hard for Quinn every game and very rarely got blown out, regardless of how overmatched they were. Did they just decide to tune him out this year, did he suddenly become the worst coach in NHL history. or was this just the most unpredictable, wild year in the team's existence? Like I've always said, they can fire him tomorrow and I wouldn't care, bring in the next guy. Frankly, I'm excited for all the genius takes on the new coach that will probably start before Thanksgiving.
How can a team who beat devils 4 in a row....not play for a coach??

RangerRebirth

May 2, 2021
It would be really cool if the Rangers were able to get Brind'Amour from the Hurricanes.
Unlikely. I have checked their board and the only reason why they haven't signed him already because he wants the rest of the stuff signed before him. He doesn't seem to be interested in coaching outside of Carolina whatsoever.

Reactions: haveandare and CLW

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How can a team who beat devils 4 in a row....not play for a coach??

You are talking about the Devils, who drafted 1st overall twice in the last 4 drafts, and 6th overall once. They are a rebuilding team. They literally traded away 2 of their best players in Palmieri and Zajac.

How we didn't dominate all 4 games is a bigger mystery. Imagine this team after trading away Panarin and Zibanejad at the deadline. And this team was better than the Devils when the season started.

Those 4 wins in a row were meaningless but it didn't stop some fans from expecting us to casually stroll into the play offs with a 13-1 record to close out the season, instead of looking at what was happening on the ice, who we were up against and how those wins painted a misleading picture

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Unlikely. I have checked their board and the only reason why they haven't signed him already because he wants the rest of the stuff signed before him. He doesn't seem to be interested in coaching outside of Carolina whatsoever.
Until the cheap ass owner refuses to sign the rest of the staff...

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You are talking about the Devils, who drafted 1st overall twice in the last 4 drafts, and 6th overall once. They are a rebuilding team. They literally traded away 2 of their best players in Palmieri and Zajac.

How we didn't dominate all 4 games is a bigger mystery. Imagine this team after trading away Panarin and Zibanejad at the deadline. And this team was better than the Devils when the season started.

Those 4 wins in a row were meaningless but it didn't stop some fans from expecting us to casually stroll into the play offs with a 13-1 record to close out the season, instead of looking at what was happening on the ice, who we were up against and how those wins painted a misleading picture

You can't compare losing Palmieri and Zajac to losing Panarin and Zibanejad.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Would love Rod, but he's not going anywhere. Part of me wants the Pens to get swept in the first round so we have a shot at Sully, but a bigger part of me wants them to make it out over the other 3 teams (puke). I could see Knoblauch as a stop gap, or Montgomery as they wanted him over DQ initially to begin with.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
You can't compare losing Palmieri and Zajac to losing Panarin and Zibanejad.

Yes, I can. I never said they were on the same level. New Jersey traded away their 2 top forwards at the deadline. That's the point. We beat the Devils 4 times after they traded away 2 top forwards in what was already a rebuilding year.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yes, I can. I never said they were on the same level. New Jersey traded away their 2 top forwards at the deadline. That's the point. We beat the Devils 4 times after they traded away 2 top forwards in what was already a rebuilding year.

"It's like if the Rangers traded away Panarin and Zibanejad". The impact isn't close to the same.

Reactions: Inferno

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
x100000.

This would be like the Rangers being with out Krieder and Rooney.

I'd also say it's a bit different because even if Kreider and Rooney are on the same level as Palmieri and Zajac, they don't have a Panarin/Zibanejad, so their relative importance to the Devils is more than Kreider and Rooney are to the Rangers.. So there's no direct comparison.

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
He is not a great coach, and even if I am not a fan he is miles better than Quinn especially on the X and O's. He has his system (Penguin's cup system) and that's it. His Coyotes are much better organized at the basic system level than Quinn, and can zone exit and entry much more quickly and efficiently. He is best with grinders, and doesn't develop kids at all especially forwards - at least he hasn't shown any talent to do that with the Coyotes. The Coyotes had a huge Country Club under Tocchet, who survives mostly because he was loved as a player. Tocchet's a Premium member of the Old Boys Club that will always be looked out for.

Pros: 1. His team is far better organized than Quinn's (if that says anything) 2. Intimate understanding of the NHL game far beyond Quinn 3. Respected by the refs/everyone as a legend.

Cons: Not much else there to hang your hat on other than the 3 pros. Knows the basics, but doesn't show much outside that. No creativity. No adaptability. Major country club atmosphere with the vets, but I guess he expects the players to know their stuff so they can execute his basic scheme. He has no time for kids if they can't pull it off yet.
I think people make way way too much on who coach is. You guys act like they are 7 year olds and yelling at them is going to scare them. He wasn't fired during year....amdnto be.honest bringing in sm1 else won't do anything. Barry trotts isles n lamariello...in end no difference..they are among 6 to 8 team in east...nothing stellar. Mknd u they have a great goalie..if not they would miss playoffs

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021

Disagree...the nyr were not much better then devils.
This isn't Ohio st vs st John's football

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2