Confirmed with Link: David Quinn Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fm

Jul 28, 2016
Unfortunately, those types of deals usually don't happen anyway. Even now I wouldn't trade Kakko for Zegras --- and I love Zegras. Kakko looks like he's ready to become a beast out there.

If there is a silver lining to someone like Gallant, it's that in theory two kids like Lafreniere and Kakko should be right in his wheel house.

I think the real shame is that we couldn't get the Edmonton discussions across the finish line in our discussions heading into and during the 2019 draft.
What were the Edmonton discussions? Pulju/Lias? Nuge? Someone 'heavy' for Buch?

fm

Jul 28, 2016
Ah, ok. Thanks. As a roster player, that probably looks like Zegras then right? Or maybe Newhook

fm

Jul 28, 2016
Or does Turcotte and Cozens being taken lead to the deal falling apart?

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
I think he will help them take the next steps, though I am not sure he's the guy who gets them to the promised land. There's a lingering doubt for me that it is probably the guy after him.
Because of Gallant himself or because they aren't done constructing the team?

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008

I knew this was coming. It’s was apparent to everyone in the Org and the fan base the most of the players lacked motivation under Quinn particularly this past year, but it really started to sour in the Bubble play ins to the point where it was irreparable. It was apparent to everyone except the Quinnies or the 3 Quinn-skatiers on this cite that defend him at all costs

mac

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
They have a three-year on the table for less than what he made this year.
And they are not willing to give his assistants raises.
Just for reference, Rod was in the bottom half of the large for salary a 2 mil.

5 coaches made over 5Mil

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Because of Gallant himself or because they aren't done constructing the team?

Little bit of both.

Gallant is a guy, for whatever reason, who can't seem to make it out of his third season as a head coach.

Now some have said it's his outspokenness, others have pointed to players tuning him sooner. But however true or untrue either of those possibilities are, they do follow him to this point.

How will that play in a hierarchy that include both Glen Sather and Jim Dolan? I don't know, but if outspokenness is indeed one of the challenges, that does feed into questions about longevity.

This team is still putting pieces together so you wonder if the breakup comes before those pieces are even in place. In that scenario you're talking about three head coaches in a 3 or 4 year span.

Obviously, it could be nothing. He could very well here, be a perfect fit, finally get a team over the hump and everyone celebrates together.

But, there are some flags there.

Reactions: bobbop

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I already do not like the next coach

Sort of being sarcastic, yet all the coaches for the most part do the same things. They all make weird lines, and they all switch them up. All of them pick favorites and play them more than they should. They are all stubborn in the face of reality.
Yeah, they do. But, as long as they play the players WE AT HFBOARDS/RANGERS think they should play, then we will like him, right?

All kidding aside......coaches should play their "non-favorites" more than their favorites? Just asking.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Rangers definitely like Sullivan (as do I), but there's no guarantee anymore that him and Pittsburgh part ways and the Rangers need to make a hire sooner than later.

Hiring Torts would signify that Dolan--not Drury--is in charge, and that's a scary thing.

I'm confident that Gallant is out. He would have been here already if there was mutual interest. But maybe Drury now being in the picture changes things.

Might be indicative AND scary, but who is to say that it ISN'T the right choice, or even the best choice of what is available?
Torts has mellowed some, am confident in his in game adjustments AND lets not forget his "must see" pressers!

I am willing to give Torts another chance, and this time he will have some talent to work with. He can squeeze a quarter out of a nickel. He can squeeze orange juice out of an apple. He can find a deserving Captain. (Hopefully)

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Next season cant come soon enough. The kids were looking ready to explode and a new coach will only add to that as long it's not Torts, Babs, Messier or something stupid. Brindamour is obviously the unlikely dream but Gallant or one of the top European coaches would do just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad