Confirmed with Link: David Quinn Dismissed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Oddly, my Uber driver today was wearing a N.Y. Rangers baseball jacket, and had a picture of Colin Blackwell taped to his dashboard.
Replace Caitlyn Jenner with Quinn.
tenor.gif

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Gallant is going to be the guy unless something crazy happens.

I prefer the alternatives but gallant is my guy of those available. Going to be happy as long as they get him or one of the guys who are still coaching right now.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Just realized Drury played under Torts for a few seasons. I wonder to what extent that experience will inform his decision. It’s not every day that an ex-player turned GM hires his former coach to be the new coach. This decision will reveal much about Torts’ standing among players.

Drury played under Hartley too. And now we hear the NYR are talking to Gallant.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I really hope we’re in on Nolan Patrick

I mean if it all suddenly clicked for him sure but he has massively disappointed and even though he's a center you don't want to go into the season relying on him being a top six guy

Reactions: mas0764

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I mean if it all suddenly clicked for him sure but he has massively disappointed and even though he's a center you don't want to go into the season relying on him being a top six guy
Yeah, I was thinking of a Gauthier swap of some sort. Maybe even the boards whipping boy. Howden or Hajek

Reactions: mas0764

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Seems like if Gallant wants the job, its his. Otherwise they may wait to see if Sullivan or Maurice shake loose. They can afford to wait knowing they have the most enticing job opening and Knoblauch(or Torts) will still be there if they are left without a dance partner

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I wonder who Gallant if hired would bring in as his assistant coaches. He previously had Ryan Craig and Mike Kelly as assistants at Las Vegas.

not sure what his role was but Mike Kelly was with him in vegas and florida and saint john of the QMJHL. So its probably a pretty good chance that Mike Kelly would be on his staff.

also as far as his former assistants go, it was a long long time ago but when Gallant was head coach in Columbus, Gord Murphy was one of his assistants.

Reactions: NYblades

Zats Muccarello

Grinder
Dec 30, 2010
NYC
I just really hope they make it clear to Gallant that analytics will be a big part of the team’s strategy going forward so there are no surprises down the line.

Other than that he is a solid pick for head coach and I would certainly see him having a positive effect on the group given his experience and previous results.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I really hope we’re in on Nolan Patrick

Trading with Philly would be tough, especially when it comes to a 22 year old former second overall pick.

I don't know if the Rangers want to a pay premium to a rival, and I don't know if Philly wants to even face the possibility of Patrick putting it together 90 minutes up the road.

Reactions: CasusBelli

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Brind'Amour is using the Rangers as leverage with the Canes. I still don't expect him to come to New York but if things don't get settled there soon, that door may get kicked open.

Woo hooooo

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Feeling like a fait acompli at this point with Gallant. I hope they look at Hartley though as well.

they will interview several guys and aren't rushing into a decision....they just want to talk to gallant before he heads overseas for the world championships so they don't have to wait till he returns for the first convo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad