Signing(s): David Price to Red Sox (7 years/217 M)

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Cubs probably end up with Cueto now or settle for some secondary guys before exploring the trade market.

Price was never, ever returning to Toronto. But he will be now in a Boston jersey.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
They missed in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015.

Sure they won the one time theyve made it recently , in 2013 but that was a perfect storm kind of season.

By that logic, Toronto shouldn't have made it this year, and shouldn't make it again for the rest of eternity.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Yes and no, they could obviously use him, and the next best position player is someone they don't even need (Davis).

Yes they have but that was when they ere the joke of the league. He and Epstein met a couple weeks ago, and I've heard he's always loved Chicago. Cubs didn't need him two years ago, and he didn't want to play for a losing team.

You think Chris Davis is the best postion player available? Stop it. Just stop it.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The Cardinals are always a bit frugal in the FA market. I find that hard to believe unless teams like the Cubs and Dodgers were focused on other options. And there are some.

St. Louis usually makes their move in the trade market

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
$90M for the first three years and then he can opt out. Might end up being a nice little three-year deal for the Red Sox. If he doesn't opt out? Well, good luck in the last couple years of that contract. :laugh:

Hanley, Pedroia and Ortiz are 23? One is retiring after this year. One can't stay on the field and the other is a problem child in his prime who underachieves..

You consider those guys the key players on the team? I can't. There's no way you can think that.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
The Cardinals are always a bit frugal in the FA market. I find that hard to believe unless teams like the Cubs and Dodgers were focused on other options. And there are some.

St. Louis usually makes their move in the trade market

The prevailing thought is that they were going to move a bit out of their comfort zone this offseason with some holes to fill available for such filling on the FA market and their new tv deal kicking in.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Dumbrowski ain't ****ing around going after Kimbrel and Price

Yankees North

Its the typical RedSox solution, trade all your prospects and spend all your money in hopes of buying a ring. They tried that in 2011.

In 2013 they were smart, no huge money deals, just smaller ones to round out the team.

By that logic, Toronto shouldn't have made it this year, and shouldn't make it again for the rest of eternity.

Well they went 22 years before this year, so maybe :sarcasm: :naughty:

You think Chris Davis is the best postion player available? Stop it. Just stop it.

I said second behind Hayward.

Who is better? Defiantly not Cespedes, Desmond or Zobrist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad