Signing(s): David Price to Red Sox (7 years/217 M)

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
First picture of David Price after signing with the Red Sox

BR_oyj_CAAAWkRN.jpg

On second thought I think that might be Sandoval...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Too bad he didn't go to the Cubs. It may have been a good fit.

However.....waste of money. In that park Iand that division can see him getting lit up a bit He's awful when it matters. His teams are 1-7 in games he's "started"

Agreed. I don't blame him for taking the most money possible, but the guy just severely hurt his chances at a ring.

doesnt sound like cubs even made an offer

Not shocked, its a lot of money even for them and lie tis been stated, he sucks in the playoffs which is not very good for a team that hasn't won in 107 years.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Heyward would be a waste of money for that team. I'm not sure they'd go for Jeff. They've had him before.

Yes and no, they could obviously use him, and the next best position player is someone they don't even need (Davis).

Yes they have but that was when they ere the joke of the league. He and Epstein met a couple weeks ago, and I've heard he's always loved Chicago. Cubs didn't need him two years ago, and he didn't want to play for a losing team.

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
I'm actually not sure how to feel about this. I know it's a need to fill but damn that's a lot.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He can't pitch everyday. He could win all 30 some of his starts and it wouldn't put Boston over the top. Porcello is okay but that rotation isn't good and that bullpen isn't either. The "key" players in that lineup aren't getting younger. If you want an ace that's all fine but he only impacts every 5th day and won't win every start so it doesn't change a hell of a lot.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Too bad he didn't go to the Cubs. It may have been a good fit.

However.....waste of money. In that park Iand that division can see him getting lit up a bit He's awful when it matters. His teams are 1-7 in games he's "started"

He only spent 7 years in that division where he was one of the best pitchers in the majors and won a Cy Young. Maybe it'll be different this time around though.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
He can't pitch everyday. He could win all 30 some of his starts and it wouldn't put Boston over the top. Porcello is okay but that rotation isn't good and that bullpen isn't either. The "key" players in that lineup aren't getting younger. If you want an ace that's all fine but he only impacts every 5th day and won't win every start so it doesn't change a hell of a lot.

The bolded part is the only portion of this entire text I agree with.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
True. Fenway and the AL East are completely foreign to him.

That's not why. I know he's been in it but that's not a pitchers park in the slightest. Next to Camden it might be the worst or actually the worst in the division. It seems like a couple of the teams have caught up to him. The Yankees at home of late seem to hit him. That orioles lineup hit him in the playoffs.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

They "key" players in that lineup are both 23 years old.

Sep 19, 2008
RT @JonHeymanCBS Price is a proven al east winner. There will be dissenters tho. One competing gm just said, "they're outta their... minds."

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Greinke is rubbing his hands together. Red Sox absolutely needed to get a stud for their rotation. And did it in the typical RedSoxy way of throwing money around. Not looking forward to having Price in the division. Atleast he's not in his mid-20s.

BCS

Feb 18, 2008

They have an elite ace and an acceptable rest of the rotation with Buchholz, Miley, Rodriguez and Porcello. Also, about the age of the "key" players, Betts and Bogaerts are great and they're both 15 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad