Signing(s): David Price to Red Sox (7 years/217 M)

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
He can't pitch everyday. He could win all 30 some of his starts and it wouldn't put Boston over the top. Porcello is okay but that rotation isn't good and that bullpen isn't either. The "key" players in that lineup aren't getting younger. If you want an ace that's all fine but he only impacts every 5th day and won't win every start so it doesn't change a hell of a lot.

welcome, time traveler from 30 years ago!

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Yes and no, they could obviously use him, and the next best position player is someone they don't even need (Davis).

Yes they have but that was when they ere the joke of the league. He and Epstein met a couple weeks ago, and I've heard he's always loved Chicago. Cubs didn't need him two years ago, and he didn't want to play for a losing team.

Hey ward and Davis would just add to what they have. Pass on Davis. I guess Hayward can do some things and defensively he is good but he's a very overhyped hitter. I can't see him contributing too much of a difference to a team that shouldn't struggle scoring.

Jeff is an okay pitcher but I'm not sure he's a difference maker. They do need a true ace. Lester isn't that guy anymore. Make had an amazing year and we will see if he can continue even if he can they could use one more. I wish they'd ditch Hammel though.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
As a Jays fan I really like Price. I will cheer for him. Except when he pitches vs Toronto. Too bad the Jays couldn't keep him. But thats a real lot of coin.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Love to see the breakdown. Can't see it too heavily back loaded, given the opt-out, but imagine there's some escalation. Either way, safe bet their rotation costs a minimum of $65 million next year.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Hey ward and Davis would just add to what they have. Pass on Davis. I guess Hayward can do some things and defensively he is good but he's a very overhyped hitter. I can't see him contributing too much of a difference to a team that shouldn't struggle scoring.

Jeff is an okay pitcher but I'm not sure he's a difference maker. They do need a true ace. Lester isn't that guy anymore. Make had an amazing year and we will see if he can continue even if he can they could use one more. I wish they'd ditch Hammel though.

They do need an ace, but its hard to find one. They've used most of their picks on position players, and there hasn't really been young enough ace for them in the last two off seasons. They did sign the top guy last year, but are likely missing out on this year, and next season doesn't look too much better. Epstein knows better than to commit to a guy like Price who's already 30, at least Lester is a proven winner and was some sort of a necessity.

IMO they should try and trade for one, a Chris Sale type. Young, very good, that fits right into their core

Yea im not sold on Arietta either. He could be the next Brandon Webb for all we know.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: