Player Discussion David Pastrnak XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Pasta's head was in a deep, dark place last night. He's been on such a tear it has to end sometimes. You wish it wasn't a spectacular clunker, but whatever. He looks like a different player this season, he'll be back and I think 50 is within reach for sure.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I am alone on my boat, but i careless wheather or not he plots 40-50 or 60 this year. I don’t like the first line as it is and i don’t like Marchand and Pastrnak on the same line.

I prefer get DK a huge winger and add Pastrnak... let Bergy and Marchand do the dirty work and plot their fair amount of points

The way things are going... Pastrnak will play season for points and then shy away in PO. You got to go in the dirty area!

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I am alone on my boat, but i careless wheather or not he plots 40-50 or 60 this year. I don’t like the first line as it is and i don’t like Marchand and Pastrnak on the same line. !
I mean, both players seem to have a lot of chemistry together and are playing the best hockey of their careers, but yeah okay.

The way things are going... Pastrnak will play season for points and then shy away in PO. You got to go in the dirty area!
You mean the guy who is a PPG player in the playoffs?

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I mean, both players seem to have a lot of chemistry together and are playing the best hockey of their careers, but yeah okay.

You mean the guy who is a PPG player in the playoffs?
Yes.. not saying he is ain’t good, i am saying i would like him with DK and a big winger to complete. Don’t think Pastrnak and Marchand on the same line in a tight physical game will work with regularity. So you read me right and like i said i might be alone on my boat!

As for Marchand and Bergeron, they will be more suited in a more defensive/offensive against opponent top line duty

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Yes.. not saying he is ain’t good, i am saying i would like him with DK and a big winger to complete. Don’t think Pastrnak and Marchand on the same line in a tight physical game will work with regularity. So you read me right and like i said i might be alone on my boat!
The Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line has been together for close to four seasons if you include this one. These seasons coincide with the best individual seasons offensively from all three players. Also, all three players are combined PPG players in their three playoff runs together. I think that's a big enough sample size to conclude that they preform well in every situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alberta_OReilly_Fan

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I am alone on my boat, but i careless wheather or not he plots 40-50 or 60 this year. I don’t like the first line as it is and i don’t like Marchand and Pastrnak on the same line.

I prefer get DK a huge winger and add Pastrnak... let Bergy and Marchand do the dirty work and plot their fair amount of points

I would certainly care about #88 getting 50 instead
of 40. Going to be the difference of about 4-5
points in the standings.

Make the difference between facing TB or Toronto
in R1.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak line has been together for close to four seasons if you include this one. These seasons coincide with the best individual seasons offensively from all three players. Also, all three players are combined PPG players in their three playoff runs together. I think that's a big enough sample size to conclude that they preform well in every situation.

One thing concerning to me is that Bergeron is
not playing near his peak level and given
he is dealing with a chronic groin injury he probably
won't this year. I think #88/63 are inflating his point
totals by 20% right now.

If Krejci is 100% healthy I wouldn't have an issue in
him or Coyle getting time between them and giving
Bergeron a bit less time on ice.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Read last year po posts and read last year seasons post when production was lacking. Remove PP points of your equation also.
5vs5 game, we have a different view.
I think, for the exception of Bostons fans pride having star at the top of some stats, i still think Pastrnak should be with DK and a big winger and Marchand and Bergeron getting the hard opponent work load and getting their fair points.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
One thing concerning to me is that Bergeron is
not playing near his peak level and given
he is dealing with a chronic groin injury he probably
won't this year. I think #88/63 are inflating his point
totals by 20% right now.

If Krejci is 100% healthy I wouldn't have an issue in
him or Coyle getting time between them and giving
Bergeron a bit less time on ice.
Remove Bergeron of that line, you will see on a longer stretch how some D awerness will be lacking on that line. Team will MAKE adjustments. But i also think that both Bergeron and Dk NEED to be healthy when comes PO.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
stumbled across this. Interesting side business Pasta is a partner in:

Elevate your "brain training" with Sense Arena

Training at the Sense Arena gym at the Bedford (Mass.) Edge, the player does these drills for a solid half-hour to 45 minutes and calls it a day. And then the player simply has to remove the helmet and put down the stick and the training session is complete.

Sense Arena’s virtual reality training runs through game-situation drills and provide brain training to improve as a player.

“It’s not that we have the newest installment for a video game franchise,” he added. “The progress and data we collect are the most important aspects of the company.”

The company originated in the Czech Republic and was founded by Bob Tetiva, a former professional basketball player. According to Lopinsky, Tetiva’s son plays hockey, and he was looking for a way to gain an edge on the competition and to train at home.

Sense Arena is equipped with more than 70 hockey drills as well as 15 cognitive drills — for example, a light wall where a player needs to touch certain colored walls in a certain sequence — all designed to open the pathways to the brain. The drills simulate real game environments.
“The virtual environment is actually a hockey rink based off of Madison Square Garden,” Lopinsky said. “There’s a scoreboard. There’s fans. It’s not in high-def, but it’s virtual reality. You put on your helmet. You get one of our custom-made hockey sticks.”

The drills are developed by professional coaches. Filip Pesan, head coach of the Czech Republic U-20 team and Liberic, is a partner, as is Boston Bruins winger David Pastrnak and former NHL winger and current NHL scout Jan Ludvig. The drills constantly are being updated and improved on.

“The bots move,” Lopinsky said about the virtual defenders. “There’s no pattern. You’re not trying to beat the game. We try to keep it as organic as possible.”

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I' m gonna just go ahead and ask this....is Pasta's one-timer on par with the great 8?

I have thought to pose this question on this board for some time this season.

Im not sure it’s quite to prime Ovechkin level yet in terms of speed, but it’s getting close. The biggest thing to me is he is not fanning on them anymore, or at least is rarely. That’s the biggest difference between this year and the previous ones. If he doesn’t hammer it, it’s generally on the guy who passed it.

Reactions: NeelyDan

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I' m gonna just go ahead and ask this....is Pasta's one-timer on par with the great 8?

When he took that shot from the point last night, I said to myself there aren't too many players in the league who can make that one time shot never mind in the history of the game. That said, is he up there with Ovi? In my opinion, not quite but my word he's awfully close

Reactions: NeelyDan

aguineapig

I recall seeing him playing tennis on Behind the B or The Bachelor B,whatever it is and he is quite good. Have to think that setting up a forehand would also help your one-timer. And he has gotten stronger obviously. But man look at how Marchy put both of those passes right into the wheelhouse last night. He put it right on the tape on Gryz first goal too, so he could take the snap shot in stride. That was just as impressive as the shots.

Reactions: Kalus

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

No, Pasta has one of the best going, OV's is in another stratosphere. Don't discount the technology that Pasta can avail of in today's sticks, it's crazy the materials and R&D that their using now.

Meanwhile OV has been blowing them past goalies with high velocity since breaking into the league almost 15 years ago. Granted he was using one-piece composites as well, but they weren't on the level of what's available today. OV just has so much more weight to put behind his shot, I'd say he outweighs Pasta by 35-40 lbs.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
No, Pasta has one of the best going, OV's is in another stratosphere. Don't discount the technology that Pasta can avail of in today's sticks, it's crazy the materials and R&D that their using now.

Meanwhile OV has been blowing them past goalies with high velocity since breaking into the league almost 15 years ago. Granted he was using one-piece composites as well, but they weren't on the level of what's available today. OV just has so much more weight to put behind his shot, I'd say he outweighs Pasta by 35-40 lbs.

Yeah, I can support this view as much as the opposite. To even be having this conversation and not laughing ourselves out of the room is a pretty damned good spot to be in on its own.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Seriously, how many goals this year from his slapshot?

I remember when him and Vatrano were breaking 3 sticks a game taking these shots. He seems to have figured it out now :nod:.

Reactions: 24 others

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Seriously, how many goals this year from his slapshot?

I remember when him and Vatrano were breaking 3 sticks a game taking these shots. He seems to have figured it out now :nod:.
7 on 18 shots, assume those are all one-timers.

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
As much as I love Pasta I would say no. Ovechkin's been shooting there his whole career and no one has ever been able to stop it. Think about that, you game plan for a guy, you know hes shooting in that spot and still can't stop it. Always blew my mind.

Pastrnak's is on par with Stamkos I would say though. He's so young too, I'm excited about what he will be in his physical prime. Maybe then we can say it's like the Great 8s

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He doesn't have the same power (honestly it may be decades before we see someone with that kind of power & accuracy combo again, if ever), but Pasta's accuracy this year has been just insane. I think Ovi tends to overpower goalies and relies a lot on volume. Pasta at this point is arguably the most accurate one timer in the league. Some of his snipes this year have been just unreal in terms of picking spots.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
He doesn't have the same power (honestly it may be decades before we see someone with that kind of power & accuracy combo again, if ever), but Pasta's accuracy this year has been just insane. I think Ovi tends to overpower goalies and relies a lot on volume. Pasta at this point is arguably the most accurate one timer in the league. Some of his snipes this year have been just unreal in terms of picking spots.

The idea that he's picking spots with that kind of velocity is mind-blowing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad